Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 41.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quick Start Guide

Cwalen - - Questions and Answers

Back to the quick start. Food is worth considering, because of it's role in manpower production. (build barracks in your highest performing provinces) and on larger maps because it is essential to maintain morale. Get your rares, goods and iron, explore having a lot of money. Manpower is useful. 1. Don't treat anything like cannon fodder

• Quick Start Guide

Food, pays for maintenance for barracks, which provides manpower. I see a lot of newer players using a strategy of building lots of light tanks, or even pushing on to heavy tanks while using just about no infantry. In lots of games you ignore smaller units and just build bigger ones. In this game infantry, especially in cities, can be very effective. Armor's hp is halved and their strength reduced by 50%. With no iron or oil cost, they can be very useful indeed. dxcalc.com/cow

• Quick Start Guide

3) Docks and Barracks have oil and food maintenance. Factories and infrastructure do not. 4) Your first level of a factory costs 5000 rares. Infrastructure costs oil. (they both cost goods, money and iron) 5) food can also be put through barracks to make manpower which is particularly useful to make infantry for taking for holding cities.

• Minimum Rank, Maximum Fun

Cwalen - - News

or alternately have games where you have to answer the question, if " Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked" how many dry gallons did Peter pick? If that is confusing, what are you doing here?

• Minimum Rank, Maximum Fun

Cwalen - - News

I don't think it goes far enough. There is a pleasure in thinking I am a great general, because I got me medium tanks bombers, and understand about terrain so I can rip a new orifice for my ignorant opponents to shit out of, against countries that often don't log in again even before I start to rip them out . It's a thin pleasure. Tires easily. A whole lot of screen time for a few thousand gold. Being able to do maths, and having been here for a few months, I understand that an hour or two of wo…

• Sometimes, for some people, a push notification on their phone, about CoW is just a distraction from what they are really doing. They can game now and then, it's a blue moon when they can log in for 16 hours straight. From my experience, They are more likely to log in weekly, be far better able to spend, less tolerant to loose a dozen hours because some aggressive bastard on the other side of the map killed all the level 12's in his area and has a world beating position despite having nothing bu…

• If every game was fought between competent players, it would never work. And I wouldn't be tipping the lab a month of high command before I wandered off.

• They are not the fastest to respond, I'll give it a few days before I give up on it.

• Check out the newspaper, at the bottom there is a retire function.

• Bugger, that definately broke the map then.

• Like Israeli police get questioned about anything?

• Virtual private network? Get one.

• Creating own game

Cwalen - - Bug Reports and Issues

#allsmurfsmustdie. You post in a forum? Learn to play, get HC, win lots of games because you are the only one on the map with a mind.

• Nicknaming troops

Cwalen - - Suggestions / Criticism

people who never considered calling their kid "drop table students;" Well they just don't get the joke.

• Nicknaming troops

My programming experience is in a LAMP environment, so depending on the underlying code it might be more or less irrelevant. The UID of a stack is unlikely to be the displayed name, and it would be a fairly trivial task to add an extra data field (or overwrite the existing one). The extra work would be in building the interface for the changes and a little on the display code. All trivial work for a good coder. Still hundreds of dollars of work. The real problem I see is the one Montana identifi…

• New Alliance!

Cwalen - - Recruitment Centre

You might want to pick up a little more experience before deciding to change the world. Not a lot of experienced players will join an alliance with a recruit with one post, so your admin overhead will be huge if you do get any recruits at all. You may or may not get any other alliances to bother fighting you, and it's not hugely likely you will win. Loving the spirit though.

• Nicknaming troops

No one could ever stand up to the 11th Texan Infantry.

• Opening hours.

Remember that one time you got involved in a war with a very active player who you kept getting into air duels with? Most of the time a brief login works, there are times when micro managing can pay off really well.

• Opening hours.

Just a bright red warning sign (do you really want to attack someone twice your level in a half assed way right now? You'll be half dead by the time the hangover is finished)! But back to the opening hours. Buying right I could sink almost two million gold into a fight for an hour of work, and I am sure the lab would love it, an opponent who had the liberty to spend 16 hours a day micro managing might rightfully conclude that I was a gold spammer. The ability to fight fairly, for four hours a da…