Search Results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dev Diary #1: Call of War 1.5

Crash99c - - News

Okay, having played this for a few days now, and looking at it from a Frontline Pioneer, lvl 100+ player aspect for actual gameplay related comments (since you guys asked) here are some of my thoughts: 1) Unit Upgrades - so I understand why auto upgrades are being removed... have had many battles where a golder pops a unit up 3 lvls seconds before engaging and totally changes the dynamic of the battle BUT there still should be a way for units to upgrade to a better version or AT LEAST be disband…

• New Game Management

Crash99c - - Beta Feedback & Issues

Thanks for the reply and info freezy, but I still don't like the methodology of having to click on stuff to change options to find a game when I used to be able to just look at it and know which was which. I can function by game numbers alone, but I prefer the instant glance to know which game I want to select that used to be possible with the icons. As for the diplo menu change, I wish I had a screenshot to prove it from a while back... been discussing it with some of the game mods I'm in a gam…

• New Game Management

Thanks for putting the game id # back on the tiles in the game menu, very much appreciated. The right side of the small window you put the game id in is empty, you could put reduced size versions of the game option icons there... and if they are too hard to see for people, you could make them various colors so you'd only have to know the color of the icon to know what the options are. -C

• New Game Management

I have many problems with the new format, all having to do with available info... the old format showed game id#, # of days played , which options had been selected, your country, and any description which had been put in by the creator right on the top level image. The new format only shows the fancy colorful cluttered map image and the type of map. When you play 6-10 games at a time, it gets utterly infuriating to click on the bloody info button every time you want to see which game is which. …

• My favorite unit... hmmm... Tanks? pfft, who needs em? everybody builds tanks. (that goes for all of em) Artillery and mechanized Arty? chickens who are afraid to get into the mix and dirty their hands favor them, and good luck if they get caught in REAL combat Militia? who needs the slow plodders? Commando's? nothing like a bunch of screaming maniacs in kilts with their privates dangling in the wind appearing out of the ground with a sykes-fairbairn in their hand, but outside of mountains, too …

• All this is very interesting, and I hope folks are still interested in the topic since it's been a month since the last post. That being said, I have a problem with the complicated solutions involving tanks and transport aircraft and upgradeable units being suggested by everyone here on the subject. To me, a very simple way to implement this would be to make a lvl2 commando unit available after say, day 15, prerequisites being commando and tac bomber lvl2 (or strat bomber, but most planes used t…

• Why the BB AA nerf?

Crash99c - - Suggestions / Criticism

Tankbuster, perhaps I should have said "...useless in the anti-aircraft role". I hate how the concept of game balance being more important than history in historical wargames has become the norm in recent years; this is just another case in point. Yes, battleships were obsolete compared to carriers, but with the exception of the Bismarck, the Roma, the Taranto raid, and Pearl Harbor, it took multiple attacks by multiple squadrons to sink one. In the case of the Bismarck, she was not SUNK by a bo…

• BBB - Yes, you can get them in two days... be effective? Not if you want to do other things... they really can't do much against planes or subs till day 4 or 5 if they are the priority research tree... which means you are neglecting something else -C

• NON AGGRESSION PACTS

thanks for all the replies guys! I really think this would be a great thing to implement... RogodeterSnowl, I like the total alliance thing, it would be great... would be even better if you could let the other player control your troops when afk to defend your provinces, pool resources and then split all types proportionately as far as who contributed how much so you don't get stuck with all one resource or have to make multiple trades every cycle... although you would REALLY have to trust the o…

• NON AGGRESSION PACTS

Hi guys - Tired of only having "Right of Way" and "Share Map" as options when you want to prevent having combat with another player and then having someone roll troops into your territories and change status while you are asleep? ME TOO! So I would like to suggest that there be a new option in the diplomacy menu, "Non Aggression Pact". This option would prevent combat between troops of the two nations, but NOTHING ELSE... no travel permitted through the other nation. What does everyone else thin…

• hey guys, great bunch of ideas, all of them... but it IS kinda predictable how most people, went for the glory hogs in the big fast target rather than the DE's that did all the work, historically My preference is for the DE's... destroyers are great convoy guards, but it takes too many days to make them an operationally usable force to protect convoys in the initial phase of the game anyway, keep the ideas rolling in, is nice to see them -C

• Why the BB AA nerf?

In real life, bb's were the premier aa platform in the us navy... even purpose built cla's were not able to match their aa capability. A South Dakota had 10 double 5 inch turrets, 70+ 40mm quad mounts, 20+ 20mm double mounts, and 50+ 20mm single mounts... nothing else in history except Iowas and North Carolinas even came CLOSE Which is what drives me nuts about how a SINGLE 128mm aa gun in this game has almost as much anti-air capability as the entire BB which had 20 of them and had about 150 ex…

• Tracing the truth

Crash99c - - News

Nice to see antarctica included in the world map... Now if only sea routes would be shown so I have some idea where to send intercepting ships... -C

• Funny WWII Pictures

Crash99c - - Off Topic

Hey guys... Great thread! That pic with the duckfaces... Can I have the brunette ? One thing though... the sleeping tiger... isn't. BBB was actually right. it was a king tiger(henschel turret) that was taken out by arty... you can tell by several things... 1) The turret mantlet- only late tiger2's, jagdtigers and schamlturm panthers had the conical mantlet. 2) The number of roadwheels - tigers and panthers had 8, kt's had 9 between sprocket and idler on the tracks. 3) kt(h) was the only german t…

• So... I'm having this battle in which I had 2 lvl2 light tanks, 2 lvl2 inf in a mountain province that I had recently conquered (morale 47% at start of battle); they were attacked by 5 lvl2 infantry. I had 3 lvl1 arty supporting them. I had 5 other infantry units at high but not perfect morale and one med tank at 80% enter the battle after it had started. The 5 AI infantry have killed more than half of my units, and there are still 3 of them left. I would like to know the exact game mechanic in …

• Coastal batteries

I like the concept, but a few suggestions... I would make it a special weapon with prerequisites railroad gun and fortifications built in the province, rather than basing it on naval base... there have been plenty of costal gun emplacements away from forts, the guns sited at Calais and Dover during ww2 and the Gallipoli batteries that protected Istanbul in ww1 that the whole Gallipoli assault were all about being 2 examples of such. IRL, railroad guns have almost the same requirements and engine…