Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 225.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Conquer Manchuria first, then take out China. If you fail to conquer China within the first three days, you're screwed.

• lost unit without fight

MartinB - - Questions and Answers

Your province revolted and joined the other guy, and your soldiers also switched and became his soldiers. This can happen at the day change. Always check the morale tab on your provinces, these will tell you the strength of the garrison and the chance of an uprising. In the early stages of a game, you usually need more than one unit to stop revolts. One armoured car is unlikely to be strong enough to stop a revolt.

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Naval units are just an example, it works the same for land and air. And many people use 10+ stacks. And I didn't say you were arguing anything; I just hoped to contribute to the discussion. It is much more complicated than "always upgrade" or "never upgrade", that's for sure. ” In general, I find that players who like using large stacks are easier to beat. You can always out-manouevre them. Current game I m on, I had one guy stack 17 units in his most forward city, ma…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Interesting discussion! I also lean towards the expansion policy, but not completely. There are several very good use cases for upgrading, so there is no out-of-the-box answer to your question and it all depends on the circumstances in your empire. You are right that the sheer damage-output-to-cost ratio is in favor of expansion. However, this leaves several important factors out of account: - HP: upgrading gets you some extra HP as well, which should be included in th…

• Quote from Pilgrim2: “I never upgrade units until at least day 5. I only upgrade certain units and only if I have enough of them. There are some units I like to spam so I don’t upgrade those, like infantry or light tanks or armored vehicles. I do like to upgrade worships and artillery. ” Okay, so your philosophy is to expand (use the resources to build new units instead of upgrade all your old units), instead of to upgrade. This is exactly what I am arguing here, it seems to me that this is in f…

• Okay, but it's not just about saving resources, but about the most judicious use of your very limited resources. Just had another level up, this time with artillery. Level 3 artillery takes the following to upgrade to level 4:- 355 Food, 835 Goods, 200 Metal and 595 Manpower. And you pay $795. To build a new Level 4 Artillery unit, the cost is:- 710 Food, 1670 Goods, 400 Metal and 1190 Manpower. You pay $1590. So the cost of building a new Level 4 Artillery is exactly the same as the cost of lev…

• To put the question in perspective, a Lvl 4 Battleship does 22 damage against ships, and has 4.4 attack and defence value against subs. A Lvl 5 Battleship does 29 damage against ships, and has 6.1 attack and defence value against subs. So, two Lvl 4 units would have a combined damage of 44 against ships and 8.8 against subs, as opposed to 29 damage against ships and 6.1 against subs, for a single Lvl 5 unit. The only advantage the Lvl 5 Battleship would have would be a higher speed.

• Interestingly, this choice just came up for me in my current game. The cost of upgrading my Lvl 4 Battleship to Lvl 5 is 1035 Food, 1380 Metal and 690 Oil. The cost of building a new Lvl 5 Battleship is only 2070 Food, 2760 Metal and 1380 Oil. The manpower costs are relatively 1105 to upgrade an old unit, and 2210 to build a new unit. So, the cost of building a new Lvl 5 unit would be exactly the same as the cost of levelling up two Lvl 4 Battleships. The question therefore becomes, is it better…

• damage taken by patrol

Your bombers always take less damage using the patrol function than if they make a direct attack. This is because, as they do half damage after 15 minutes, they will take half the damage from the defending unit as they would have if making a direct attack. However, in the second attack, after another 15 minutes, the target will have less hit points, and therefore do less damage to your planes than they did in the first attack. So, overall they take less damage. So, for example, say you are attac…

• Direct attack problem

When you patrol, there is a section where you can move to without going back to base. If you click on patrol again, it will come up as a red triangular zone. If your target spot is within that zone, your planes can fly directly to attack it. Sometimes, your patrol zone will cover spots outside this triangular zone, and units can be within your circular patrol zone, but just outside the red triangular zone (just as, you can actually damage a unit that is just outside your range by patrolling just…

• To be honest, joining the same game with your brother is, in a way, a bit of a "cheat" by itself. One of the complexities of this game is that you can never be sure of who you can trust. Germany and Italy can be in the same coalition, for example, and then Italy can decide to backstab Germany, or vice-versa. So, most of us, even when in a coalition, have to leave some defensive units in case something like this happens. Having a brother or a good friend in the same game means you do not have to …

• Troops linking up

Interestingly, just had the chance to test this in-game. I had two Infantry units stacked and an Artillery and an Anti-Tank stacked, both travelling through a spot, that were ambushed by an enemy Militia that was in stealth. When I logged on, they were in two separate stacks (2 Infantry in one, the Art and AT in the other, both attacking as separate stacks. So I selected both stacks, and ordered them to Stop all actions. Immediately, the two separate stacks (both on the same spot but functioning…

• Troops linking up

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Quote from MartinB: “Quote from K.Rokossovski: “One of the great mysteries of the game. I still didn't figure out when reinforcements moving to the same spot as other troops in combat (and it is the final estination of both stacks) remain different stacks, or merge with them. Sometimes the one happens, sometimes the other. ” If you have one unit attacking and a second unit just moves to the same spot (without attacking) then the two will function as two separate units.…

• Having taken a break from the game for some time, it was nice to come back to see that all your units do not just automatically upgrade when you research a higher level on the research tree, and that you have to use resources and spend time to upgrade a Level 1 battleship to Level 2. However, I do find that I am using up a lot of resources to upgrade. So the question is, which is the better use of your resources, to build a completely new unit, or upgrade all your existing ones? Say you have a s…

• Troops linking up

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “One of the great mysteries of the game. I still didn't figure out when reinforcements moving to the same spot as other troops in combat (and it is the final estination of both stacks) remain different stacks, or merge with them. Sometimes the one happens, sometimes the other. ” If you have one unit attacking and a second unit just moves to the same spot (without attacking) then the two will function as two separate units. If the second unit also attacks the enemy unit …

• Troops linking up

In close combat, it is actually better for you to have your units link up before attacking instead of attacking separately, as long as you do not exceed ten units in a stack. This is because you will take less damage overall. If you have two separate units attacking, they will each do their individual damage separately. However, each time they attack, they will take damage of the enemy units defence value during the attack. If the two units stack together, they will still do the same damage comb…

• Infafntry Branch

MartinB - - General Discussions

If you're playing against a bunch of noobs, yes. Otherwise, no.

• mediterranean

MartinB - - Find Co-players

are people no longer playing this map?

• Quote from Quasi-duck: “Only problem will be hunting down their ships in the Persian Gulf, I lost sight of them a while ago. ” I think the game system has been changed, so when you conquer their last remaining province, their ships will disappear from the game (if the country has changed to AI).