Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 36.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thanks to you both...in my scenario it was a surprise attack, and I don't know if only the host country would be drawn into the war. A whole new scenario if a state of war already exists with one of the two defenders and I think Carking covered that. The scenario was a potential in my current game but didn't come to pass so I can't report any observed results.

• 2 coalition members occupy one member's province with some units. A third player makes a surprise move into the province, starting a war. What are the combat procedures? For ease, let's say Host country 5 infantry, Ally defender 5 infantry, Attacker 10 infantry. Is it: A. The attacker combat is resolved versus the host country's units, 10 v 5. Then, B. The attacker gets a second attack against the ally stack immediately following, also 10 v 5, but now with a weaker force since the first defender…

• XP standstill

polixenes - - Bug Reports and Issues

I haven't seen any exp gains since before Christmas, and I've played 4 or 5 games in the past few months.

• Yup, not working

• Small resource boosters +125 are not working for me. Larger ones seem ok.

• I have seen conflicting reports of how long the period is once their boots hit the ground. Whatever it is, do they attack an enemy province instantly, or does this mobilisation period allow the defender a grace period to kill them before they can attack? Are they weaker on defence than usual, during the mobilisation period?

• I thought of that but the attack values don't differ by doctrine. Based on the wiki at least: DOCTRINES - Call of War Wiki

• Rank not increasing

polixenes - - Bug Reports and Issues

Separate to the ranks fluctuating between actual and level 1, I have noticed my mil/eco score has not changed for the past week or so despite playing constantly, doing plenty of building and killing in old games and new.

• He's saying fallout shelter, not blast shelter. Just wanted to point out no-one thinks when you build a bunker or a factory or an airstrip or fallout shelter, it means you just built one of them. I just means your province has a network of factories, airstrips, barracks, bunkers, whatever. All contained in the dot and not spread throughout the province but that's just a game simplification.

• If an enemy patrol is over your territory where you have no units in range can you see the patrol? Does it make a difference if the patrol is centred on your territory, or if it is centred off your territory but overlapping? Does it make a difference if the patrol is centred on your territory but not overlapping a province dot? Can you see planes flying over your territory when they are en route to a patrol spot, an attack run, either on your territory or over it and out the other side? Or if th…

• Ah, I did not know that, thanks!

• Quitters

polixenes - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “It is not a bad idea, but it would be even easier to spot the likely inactives than it already is, and predators would certainly take big advantage from that. PvP wars would decrease even further, and the game would completely devolve into a PvAI where that "AI" is notably bad. ” I'm not sure I follow your logic to the conclusions, but for sure there would be some quirks to carefully think out. By smarter minds than mine!

• Oh - I just mean wikis in general aren't 100% reliable, since anyone can edit them, roughly speaking. Sorry I wasn't clear on that aspect.

• Quitters

polixenes - - Suggestions / Criticism

Years ago I used to play Diplomacy online (PBEM). Each player's profile had a statistic for the number or percentage of games completed versus dropped out. I can't recall exactly how it was implemented but the point was other players could see your drop-out ratio and the ratio could be used to exclude you from certain games if it got too low. If something along those lines was implemented at least we could see that if Player X's "completion ratio" was say 50%, we would know he is less likely to …

• The attacker, with 0.2 HP, won the final round of combat without losing health. So that suggests the defender's damage was not applied simultaneously. That's where the wiki is potentially wrong. Unless this was an edge case exception to the rule.

• Quote from DxC: “From the wiki regarding melee battles: "Attacking damage is applied to the defender and defending damage is applied to the attacker simultaneously." ” Interesting that this was not the case in my example, but it wouldn't be the first time wikipedia was wrong about something.

• And the answer is - the attacker won but lost no further health. I take from this the game calculates attack damage, removes destroyed units, and then calculates defensive damage caused by the survivors (in this case none). I think aerial bombardment is calculated differently. I am sure my bombers have destroyed a target in one hit but still taken defensive damage.

• Attacker: Motor Infantry on 0.2 HP Attack vs unarmoured 1.1 Defender: Militia on 1.0 HP Defence vs light armour 1.2 (I think motor infantry is light armour?) Defence vs unarmoured 2.0 Iin case it's not) Seems to me that the defender will die next attack, but inflict enough damage to kill the attacker. What happens, mutual extinction? I will know in 20 minutes !!!!!

• Rankings question

polixenes - - Questions and Answers

I suppose most players outside the top 10,000 don't pay much attention to their ranking. I barely scrape into the top 120,000. But I was interested enough to compare my profile to other players the same rank as me (61). I was surprised at the disparity in statistics between me and some of my "neighbours." My Mil Score is 55,937 Kills 3,048 Provinces taken 6,679 Another player also 61 Mil Score 63,317 Kills 541 Provinces taken 1,749 He has done far less than me in combat but has a higher military…