Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If the changes towards building levels tied to researched unit levels are here to stay, why not get rid of research altogether at this point and make the buildings even more profound than they already are? If you cannot build let's say level 3 infantry at level 1 barracks anyway, why not make like 10 levels of barracks, ordonance factories and stuff which give you all the different units at different levels, like you get mech. infantry starting at barracks level 3, but only if you also have your…

• Quote from gusv: “Quote from WayneBo: “Manpower is required for all building and research. Very few options available to increase manpower. ” I have not played 1.5 yet (currently working on my 12th CoW game). In CoW, manpower seems to be a function of the population available in the provinces of a nation. Normally the manpower total in a typical CoW scenario is pretty much fixed (e.g. 39 map), because the scenario takes place over a period of a few years- not generations as in Civilization, wher…

• Quote from kahue16: “<p>Well, my opinion regarding all the changes regarding the units, buildings, provinces and the course of the strategies is as follows:...I know there will be more balances to be made but I hope this makes the game better and keeps the classic and realistic look of the game as usual.</div> ” I'm really sorry, but I'm not reading that wall of text. Pretty please give this a better format, this is a confusing mess.

• Research Balancing Update

Aloriel - - News

After a little testing, I'm quite baffled by HOW fast the research tree has become now. I mean, you can level up many units at day 2 already! On day 8 some, especially the navy, will even reach level 4 already! What? Why? This update has quite certainly given those who play the game all day a significant advantage in the early game, since one can start research after research, leaving those with lesser time on their hands in the dust by outclassing them with better units, even if those you build…

• Research Balancing Update

Aloriel - - News

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, since I've not begun a new map as of now to see it in action for myself, but I am very concerned about the change in research from goods to food. Idk what their game is about that and frankly I don't like it. "While food became important in later stages of a game round, players experienced a large surplus of food during earlier stages of the game. This change will give players means to invest the food they otherwise do not use." I for one can not even begin …

• Is there a SBDE maximum number for transport ships? Or do those break down into their respective unit SBDE, like, let's say you have a convoy which consists of let's just say 8 AA, 8 AT, 8 armored cars. Would those transport ships work at 100% or are they summed up into 24 and only work with, Idk, 80%? You probably know where I'm getting at.

• Quote from MartinB: “Well done on providing the most spectacular example yet of missing the point entirely. The point being that if you have just spammed a lot of LTs and conquered 60% of the map, then you do not actually deserve to win the game. You only deserve to win if you have managed to conquer all that, while also managing to keep your resource production balanced, your armies intact and strong, and your conquered provinces well-controlled. ” How nice of you to judge whether or not a play…