Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 688.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from DxC: “Quote from _Pontus_: “Pokemon-CoW 1.5 is here to stay and the end of CoW apparently unavoidable. ” Then why do you persist in spamming the forum with your vitriol? At some level you seem to actually give a damn, but that is so overshadowed by your pompous grandiosity that one is left with the impression it's more about you than anything else. ” The word should have been 'persisted' if you had read my post carefully. Anyways...it was not about me... It was about foreseeing the un…

• Dev Diary #1: Call of War 1.5

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “I am positive that the devs will improve 1.5 through your comments and opinions so I think it will be better than not asking for your opinion and just changing the game. ” Poor Ryan, you still do not get it

• Quote from Rrred: “The answer I got was: "The game became a bit stagnant while the market is changing. Changes need to be made to ensure a continuous growth path and support for years to come." ” Is that as 'plat' as a 'platitude' can get? Love the contradiction though: game became a bit stagnant, thus we go for a complete change into something completely different in all aspects of the game....but we will keep the graphics, so you won't notice it. I just miss the 'disclaimer' at the bottom, as …

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Quote from Bobvictorous: “i really like the update, but i think that you should be able to produce units that you have researched higher version of in places were you can build the higher version, for example you need a level 1 tank plant to build a level one light tank, if you research a level two light tank and then build a level two tank plant (that which is needed for level 2 tank), you can't build a level one tank, which would be useful if you were stripped for cas…

• Quote from CzarHelllios: “Though if they do genuinely have a intention to create a much better game and this is just a pretty rough draft, I'd be pretty happy if they proved me wrong in a years worth of time. From what I'm hearing privately, this is not the case and things are worse than I thought. After a few private discussions and some things I found out, I'm just going to permanently retire this time around and move back on to BICE and HOI4 Kaiserriech. I can't even sort of play casually wit…

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from WayneBo: “Quote from _Pontus_: “Why did you not try it out yet? And if you did, why are you not playing it? ” 19 games on Sone,so I did try it. Severely lacking in the primary requisite of a war game: Clear GUI to select, maneuver and manage forces. Sone is so glunky, even the AI get confused moving units around. Fail, Fail, Major Fail! ” Maybe that is your feeling, because you thought you were playing CoW, but it is a fundamentally different game with just some similarities. The User…

• Quote from CzarHelllios: “For most of the people in this thread, when Bytro does the next event-test, we should try to be online at the same time and join the same game. Setup a Discord group and coordinate starting then. ” For the purpose of trying to improve a misconceived-compromise by discussing details which will lead to tweaks? IMO that is the wrong signal to Bytro, because it reinforces the idea that the core of the problem (= a game born of a compromise between 2 good games, but not havi…

• Geeee.... totally forgot my updates on the 1.5 test game I am in. Day 10 now as Über-fantastic-unbeatable-Greater-than-Great Romania (but could have done the same with any country) 250 points, though didn't really do anything the past 2 days, except mopping up Polish properties, incl. its German conquests, on autopilot. So, had I been interested enough, I would now also have owned neighbors like France, Italy and Ukraine, taking me to 350 points. also totally forgot to take Albania and rest of G…

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from Somanta: “The big problem of the new version is the mechanic of combat. Before there was strategy, I agree that some changes are needed (the low force of artillery, the big force of aircraft...), but now the way of fight is stupid, made for kids: you only need to make a big "megadivision" and send it to your enemy, no matters the terrain....is simple and boring, and is not going to solve the problem of the inactive players. And the ridiculous grow of manpower only benefit to the big w…

_Pontus_ - - News

@f118 All my efforts will go into hammering into the various heads that this a destructive road, where a good game, which was well on the way of even getting better and better (i.e. air force no longer unbeatable super weapon but just another tool, already since Aug. 28, 2018, new units like paratroopers, and many more improvements or changes intending an improvement) is going to be sacrificed to a very bad comprise game. This compromise-game, being 1.5, does nothing and surely not innovate. It …

• Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from Sherman Firefly: “Quote from f118: “Quote from Somanta: “-Unrealistic units: ... Comandos trained by Mr Bean? (the infantry level 4 is stronger in attack), the antiarplane units make the planes useless.... ” This change is one of most realistic changes in update: commandos never were supposed attack full infantry regimant on field. They have good Power now, but not enough strength for fight ordonance troop. It is realistic. ” I agree that reducing the effectiveness of aircraft against…

_Pontus_ - - News

@Pontus please stay civil on the forum and don't post double posts.

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from freezy: “We mentioned many times already that we will not release CoW 1.5 in the current form, because this version is still very rough. It will be tweaked alot in the coming months, with the help of your feedback. Therefore it will help us greatly if you explain why certain changes are good or bad by giving practical examples of your CoW 1.5 game round. ” Does anyone realize that what is said here is exactly the worrying point, because this actually means: "We will release this game,…

• Very recently I have been 'stomped' for not giving a detailed technical and dry analysis of what is wrong with Pokemon-CoW, but giving it to the public in a more creative way, demonstrating the ridiculous nature of some changes. Though everyone else got the meaning exactly, it went beyond that reader. Thus here goes for a new analysis of the game so far, in which I will give a few tries: Try A. Whats not wrong with Pokemon-CoW? Oh? That was not dry? More detail wanted? Here goes: Try B. In 1 phr…

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from CityOfAngels: “Does anyone else get the general sense that units, while having faster speed values than status quo CoW, are actually moving around the map much more slowly than usual? ” INDEED!!! I was wondering already, but I am glad you mention it. Every trip from A to B takes ages. Even my ACs go at turtle speed. The higher speeds are only figures, but in reality, movement has slowed.

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from Tin Military: “and if i do stay it will be because the finished product is better than 1.0 for me / for us the players that agree with myself & Pontus and you would be supprised in the end just how many like minded there are? ” That is the point I don't get. Even a train that left the station can turn back, by first using the breaks to come to a stand-still and then reversing. The key questions remain: - why this profound change to the game or factual new game? - for whom? It is not f…

• Quote from _Pontus_: “Romania owns Yugo, Poland, Bulgaria, exactly half of Turkey and half of Greece. Now on the way to take the German possessions of Poland, tomorrow you can add Germany to the list. Might take Albania and remainders of Greece too. ” Day 8 as Über-Great Romania in Pokemon-CoW Blast....didn't log in all day, because I couldn't be bothered? So will finish adding Germany, Albania and Greece tomorrow. From now on its anyways Farmville and mopping up. Very enticing this new game...v…

• Quote from Torpedo28000: “And not on day 1? ” As clearly said: I wasn't there. Did not do things. Only had build some IC's I thus attacked Yugo day 3 with the given army, as I had not yet produced units (I think arty was still 2-3hrs until finished). Arty thus followed the attack groups, but never caught up until my troops reached the Adriatic Coast. So ...yes....worse even: 3 concentrated groups of given troops suffice to kill a normal player with spread def even on day 3. But I guess you still…

• Day 7 as Romania...errr Greater Romania...or ... Very Great Romania? Day 6 I proclaimed I had won the map; today I confirm that is definitely so. Need to mop-up the points and some players, but that is it. Romania owns Yugo, Poland, Bulgaria, exactly half of Turkey and half of Greece. Now on the way to take the German possessions of Poland, tomorrow you can add Germany to the list. Might take Albania and remainders of Greece too. Resources very much okay now, though I still can't mage to save up…

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “completely drop CoW 1.5. Don't waste more time with it. ” It is a waste of time... S1 already exists and many things which are horridly distorting the game in Pokemon-CoW fit absolutely into S1. Further, S1 sports a number of innovations and though in its core it resembles The Real CoW a bit, it definitely is a different game, which has to be played differently. And - because it is a different game - that is not a problem, but an asset. Time would be better spend on: - …