Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 161.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Has this been considered

ike53 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Gold use is money to Bytro and will NEVER go away. So how can Bytro better incorporate gold use into the game(s) and placate a substantial portion of its users? By limiting the amount of gold that can be spent based on the size of the map. For the sake of argument/suggestion I will say $100,000 gold limit on a 100-map. I am not sure what the avg gold spend is on a map so I am shooting in the blind here. What is the main cause of good players dropping from a map? They get outspent by a massive go…

• #RestoreCANVAS

That would shut a lot of us up! LOL

• Yes, you do have a work around and I can do that most of the times...and with planes you have a timer to know when the circle is complete...and if you had a timer for land units to know when it was complete it would be an enhancement... When I have a stack of 20 or so Arty and I start splitting them up into SBDE and moving them forward to fire and then back out of range and then moving up the next group and trying to remember the times I was trying to suggest that it would be nice if the time wa…

• #RestoreCANVAS

Quote from Stumpy Pete: “ Yes, I don't like those always-on lines, either. But I can tolerate them. I don't like the tags always showing either, but I'm "making do" with them. However, rather than complaining about how much you hate them, do like me, and offer the suggestion of making them optional via added game settings in the "Classic View" low-res mode buttons sub-menu ” Apparently you haven't read many of my posts in this thread...I have given visual examples of many things that make GL les…

• Maybe this will better explain my suggestion as it has nothing to do with High Command... In the picture the enemy is coming at me from the north. I have 2 stacks of ships in the south. I have just killed 1 stack and am in my 30 min 'cooling down' time. But I don't know how long before my ships can fire again. That is what I am suggesting be added on the stack info screen the countdown before my stack can fire again. This will determine if I sit where I am or advance or retreat from his advancin…

• I must not have explained myself and my suggestion very well. My apologies. Having a countdown clock for ranged units in the unit stack would be for all to see and use. Instead of having to hover over different stacks (and stop them) to see when they can fire next all you would have to do is click on the stack/unit and see the clock.

• Currently you have to hover over the stack and it can't be moving for you to get the info for the next attack. There are times you want to shoot and move your stack forward and times you will have your arty on offensive and then switch to default so you can move forward/backwards. I would suggest that an enhancement that would be very beneficial is to put a count down clock in the ranged unit/stack information screen. (See attached pic with red circle for the area I am suggesting) It could say s…

• #RestoreCANVAS

Quote from Stumpy Pete: “ Since it's an issue of personal taste, and one that goes back and forth, "fixing" it never fixes it. But giving us, the users, the ability to adjust it would "fix" it for everyone. ” If we start using 'personal taste' for issues then it diminishes the differences from Canvas and GL which made Canvas easier to use for combat/troop movement/etc... Everything can be called personal taste. A case can be made that the stripes add value because it makes it easier to see which…

• #RestoreCANVAS

I have attached a pic below but my description of what is the problem should be sufficient. Subject: The red stripes that tell you your province may revolt. They oscillate. Meaning the stripes 'throb' at you. A good player will spend most of the game attacking and moving forward and will most likely see the red stripes 90% of the time he plays... While this had good intentions, can you imagine staring at a screen that throbs red at you all the time???? It is damn annoying. We have smoke for the …

• #RestoreCANVAS

Moving vs Patrolling using WebGL. When patrolling it is good to be able to see your patrol quarter shadow. But if you are moving your planes then it doesn't matter and especially if you are moving them through multiple airports. Below are 2 pics. The first one I am moving my planes but you can see that the patrol quarter is showing. It is not really needed. In the 2nd pic you can see that I have my planes going forward to patrol but there are no patrol quarter shadows as it moves forward. (you c…

• #RestoreCANVAS

We have an opportunity to share with Bytro and the programmers what makes GL difficult to use and half the people just type crap back at them! No wonder they won't bring back Canvas many of you aren't posting anything that are showing the issues or what could be done to make it better. At the end there may not be any changes to Gl but at least I am trying. Why not help and post the differences that you find that make it a worse graphics interface?

• #RestoreCANVAS

Attached is a picture of 24 planes that I am moving from one air port to another. A couple of things that could be improved on this is particular picture are: 1) The red strips (which show a possible rebellion) pulsate. If it isn't bad enough to have to have the red stripes why in the world have them pulsate all the time. When you are in combat, you are most likely going to be near provinces that are going to rebel and having that red get brighter and darker is annoying and really hard on the ey…

• #RestoreCANVAS

In this pic I have 6 stacks moving forward and you can see their route by the yellow lines. You can see by the green bullseye 3 spots they are going to. In Canvas you didn't have the yellow lines and you could hover and get where one stack was going and that made Canvas so much better. I will explain. I can't tell if I have selected all my units to go forward. I can't hover and see where it is going. So I have to click on each and then look at the time of arrival to see if it is moving and then …

• #RestoreCANVAS

The attached picture is a day 1 pic...please note all the lines from the movement of my troops. Because I can't get rid of the lines I can't tell where I have sent each as many lines cross. It would be very helpful if the lines didn't appear UNLESS I hover over them as in Canvas. I think the tags next to each one also creates a 'busy/cluttered' map that distracts from being able to see what is needed to better play. Lastly, if you all are dead set in making us live with the movement lines maybe …

• #RestoreCANVAS

Flying from an ACC and landing on Eastern Island. Pic one shows that I am in the proper pie and am within 2 min of patrolling right over the airport. Pic 2 shows that when I attempt to land the plane, the plane wants to go back to the ACC and turn around and then come back and land. This was the 2nd plane that I had moved to Eastern Island. The first one went fine. I have had other planes in other areas on the map (who were in the Pie area) do the same go back to the former airport before advanc…

• #RestoreCANVAS

In the pic you can see 3 different countries subs but only one has the Red dot. You can see my 2 subs (white tag) don't have it. Next pic are some of my ships and you can see the red dot through the tags! These pics were taken in the Med area. I scrolled up and down and could not get a red dot. To be able to see the exact location of troops is very important.

• #RestoreCANVAS

Canvas lovers, if we have an opportunity to show Bytro's programmers the issues that make using GL so terrible why not take the time to do it? Just saying that we don't like it, will not fix a darn thing! I will personally continue to post pics and the reason(s) why GL doesn't work through these pics in this post until the game operators/Bytro request I stop...my choices are stop playing, accept GL as is, or help make it more playable. I'm not trying to show personal preferences but how the tags…

• #RestoreCANVAS

Here is a battlefield pic and where the red dots come into play. (And you can see them all) I have a stack of 10 arty and another stack of 5, plus 1 arty way over to the west. I am moving the 1 over to join up with the 5 and I can see exactly where I need to move it to. The stack of 10 is in the province behind the city. That province has hills thus giving my arty extra firepower. My planes are patrolling to protect and since I can see their red dots I know exactly where to patrol. forum.callofw…

• #RestoreCANVAS

Here is a stack of 8 ships where I took the pic at the lowest level and then zoomed back in an attempt to find the red center dot. As you can see I never could find the center. In combat - with planes especially - it is critical to be able to see that dot so you can set patrols accordingly. Let's say a person has his arty behind a stack. I may choose to only patrol the arty and not the front stack due to AA or size of the stack. Without that red dot I can't see the battlefield clearly.

• #RestoreCANVAS

Below are 3 pics of ships at sea. All 3 pics are taken from the exact height. Look at the red center dot(s). I drew an arrow to point to the 2 red center dots in the first pic. This would be needed to put ships together or if you want to patrol enemy troops you need to be able to see the center red dot. Now look at the next pic. Only one ship and you can't see the red center dot (same height) 3rd pic has combo of ships and you can see the red dot in the bottom pic but none of the others. Let's s…