Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I for one would also gladly pay for a more stabilized gaming environment.

• 4 to 5. I check in several times a day to check my progress. I have been spending far more times here in the forums trying to pick up some good strategies and information.

• Rude players

John Gifford - - General Discussions

I have indeed been surprised at the difference in member here at COW. I have encountered very professional enemies and downright spoiled rotten little snots abusing their step mom's credit card.. That being said I strive to maintain a higher level of game play and ignore the trolls that cross my path. Even though this is a somewhat complex war simulator I would always refrain from insulting a fellow member. Just not me... There is a "Pay to win" component to the game. That can be overcome, but n…

• Why did Italy suck in WW2

John Gifford - - Off Topic

Quote from MontanaBB: “K.Rokossovski's point is a good one. I also believe a big part of the underlying mentality of the majority of the Italian people was that of a carry-over of horror and war-weariness from World War I, in which Italy lost over 300,000 of her young men for relatively small territorial gains in the north. In this, the Italians were no different than a majority of Americans, Brits and Frenchmen, none of whom were excited at the prospect of fighting another major war. And unlike…

• A mess... however it would be interesting reading the battle reports of drone attacks and chemical warfare. Cyber attacks and endless trade sanctions. Indeed much more would need to be added to the game. larger nations would roll over smaller nations and few coalitions would be formed.

• Why did Italy suck in WW2

The General Staff were afraid and grossly untrained. The fact that their leader was fond of handing out powerful positions to political allies other than capable officers. Mussolini was a romantic leader. He or his new coalition was never prepared for an industrial conflict in Europe in 1940. Corruption in the country was out of control and manpower resources limited. His alliance with Germany was based on the territorial needs of the Axis powers in the Med and Africa. Italy was the weak link an…

• Excellent thread. It displays strategies from sound to high risk. New members will gain quite a lot from learning the strategic plans of their opponents.

• About you.

Greetings. John Gifford A well adjusted 60 year old male Living in the Hidden Hills area of the State of Missouri, USA Retired Air Force member of 20 plus years serving in conflict areas over the entire globe from 1978-1999. Currently a consultant in the Security and Intelligence community addressing issues in the Western hemisphere. I enjoy writing, reading and the outdoors life. I travel extensively with my work and enjoy it greatly. having attended the Staff War college I have a good grasp of…

• He would stay up all night long playing, much like many. I believe he would invade the Soviet Union after taking most of the rest of Western Europe. Adolf Hitler just didn't concern himself enough with the United States. this was acknowledged by his general staff many times. The Staff concluded that Hitler's Map didn't have any portion of the Western hemisphere.. In the beginning Adolf just didn't see the economic threat or the logistical support the west could bring later in the war. Hitler wou…

• Iron Nations 2

Greetings! I visited your link. It was invalid to join. If it's changed or discontinued just send me a message!

• I suppose a guide here would be needed to flesh this process out. I have RP'ed for several years. This would very nice here however not sure how it would work really, at least not in game. I regret that due to my advanced age and thick skull I would need some guidance on the process...

• Add trains

John Gifford - - Suggestions / Criticism

I assumed that Rail, Dockyard cranes and advanced bridging were all lumped into the lvl 3 infrastructure buff. I suppose more detail could be added to showcase these improvements are gained at that level.

• Forming an RP Alliance

John Gifford - - Recruitment Centre

I would be in for it. Not sure exactly how it would play out but certainly willing to this a try!

• New tutorial map now LIVE!

John Gifford - - News

Great start to this endeavor! I was glad to see a tutorial! Hoping this will ease the learning process of our newest members!