Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 29.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from injinji: “Nothing to see here. forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…93d7594f1353558ce7ba55334 ” Real 'Amelia Earhart' -stuff.

• A little piece of history . . .

SuomiHunajaa - - Off Topic

I don't follow media much, thanks for the heads up. Vale and RIP. (4:23 - that's huge!) (that's about 17s/100 m for 1600 m!)

• Quote from injinji: “Quote from dw98: “These guys -forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…93d7594f1353558ce7ba55334 ” Anyone got an AR-15? ” ... or, even better, a 7.62 RK 62. Perkele.

• Quote from injinji: “Ever given your units names that make perfect sense? (This was me naming a carrier) forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…93d7594f1353558ce7ba55334 ” Pancake is a good name for a carriers, I guess. Flat. On the 'flipside' (pun intended) - reminds me of 'a bellyflop'.

• Research Queueing

SuomiHunajaa - - Suggestions / Criticism

Ok. Thanks for letting us know. Would you like a biscuit?

• WADUP panzers!

SuomiHunajaa - - General Discussions

(Did anyone notice where Tankyjunki or whatever his name is went?)

• WADUP panzers!

Quote from NukeRaider33: “Quote from MontanaBB: “Quote from NukeRaider33: “Hang on people, I've got a trick question for ya'll. ” The firearm is clearly a Thompson .45 submachine gun with a rotary clip, American designed, but I believe that it was manufactured under license in several other countries. The battle helmet is a WW1 British "Tommy" helmet which the Brits and most Commonwealth countries continued to use throughout WW2. That, however, is not definitive because the U.S. Army was still u…

• WADUP panzers!

That's not a tank, that's sub- submarine. (reference to the Japanese amph thing.)

• WADUP panzers!

Out of three options - Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia - I would have picked Lithuania and that would have been wrong. -Where do you find these, Ma'am? (At least in British Commonwealth countries Warrant Offices are addressed as Sir or Ma'am as applicable)? (Never as 'Madam' which is a title for the manager lady in a brothel)

• Is this a world map? Look, I'm new to this gaming thing but I would love to have a go at playing Finland (only 'cos I was born there ...)

• Quote from MontanaBB: “Quote from SuomiHunajaa: “I think it would be cool to to able to group three Inf Reg with an AA unit and and Arty Reg and still be able to call it an Inf Div. ” Well, most armies did organize their infantry divisions around the equivalent of three infantry regiments, an artillery regiment (2 to 4 arty battalions), and organic companies for headquarters, signals, intelligence, engineers, etc. The Call of War naming hierarchy for unit stacks is somewhat misplaced. The presen…

• Within the context of the game I don't see anything wrong with a player who is playing Germany or similar, historically Axis-allied state, naming a unit on the lines of '' SS Waffen...' or merely PzDiv Lehr or whatever, or a Russian player going with 'XX Guards...' and so on. (If I got smthng really wrong here pls give me a bit of slack - just trying to illustrate a point.) I think it would be cool to to able to group three Inf Reg with an AA unit and and Arty Reg and still be able to call it an…

• My top 10 favorite war movies

SuomiHunajaa - - Off Topic

1. The Unknown Soldier - in Finnish - Tuntematon Sotilas - the 1950s version. 2. Apocalypse now 3. Good Morning Vietnam 4. Jarhead 5. White Tiger linked 6. Saving Private Ryan 7. Talvisota 'the Winter War' 8. The Enemy at the Gates 9. Black Hawk Down 10. Gallipoli ( with Mel Gibson) also Zulu, Bridge Too Far, Vietnam (Australian TV series), Glory (US Civil War, 1989)... Perkele. Tulta munille!

• WADUP panzers!

Now you are just showing off. With all due respect, Sgt Maj.

• Quote from freezy: “Thanks for the suggestion. We already looked into that idea and won't implement it for now due to balancing reasons. Balancing reasons as in: - aircrafts are arguably the strongest unit type in the game already. Those air strips would make them even stronger. - It would make overunning countries in a small time easier (for example during the night when you are offline), which goes against the idea of what CoW is, a strategy game that you can enjoy for a longer period of time,…

• WADUP panzers!

Quote from injinji: “Another one from me (not a Mustang): CA-15-Crash-Landing.jpg ” that would be the old Australian CA-15. Am I right? Yes, looks like a Mustang. I don't think it was ever in full production or let alone service as jet planes were the next coming thing.

• WADUP panzers!

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Quote from SuomiHunajaa: “Next question (just the model for this one). forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…93d7594f1353558ce7ba55334 ” A Soviet T-28. A pre-war design for an infantry support medium tank, though this concept was mostly abolished when the war actually started. Most remaining ones were lost during Barbarossa. ” Right on the money. The Finns got a few of these as booty from the Winter War. I believe they served in some capacity or other until the end of the war…

• WADUP panzers!

Next question (just the model for this one). forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…93d7594f1353558ce7ba55334

• WADUP panzers!

It's indeed a StuG III, variant G. (Sturmgeschütz III Ausf. G )They formed the backbone of the (only) Armoured Division of the Finns. About 60 of these were in use by the Finnish Army by the end of WW II. The PsD (Finnish abbrev. ) were the C-in-C's reserve and did not see much fighting until the after the Leningrad siege was broken and the Soviets turned to offensive ops again. There you go. Learn something every day. The table in the link here shows what a hotchpotch affair the Finnish armoure…

• Nova Topaz. thank you for your well-considered response. Best one of the lot. Hey, I am glad we all looked at this. Game on. Gotta go.