Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 184.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Having had some issues with an enemy player extensively using aircraft in my current game, I would like to suggest a new feature that I think would both potentially radically reduce micromanagement as well as increase the use and importance of aircraft. Basically, I'm thinking that there should be a method of assigning aircraft to a particular stack of ground units. It could be in the form of an additional mission for aircraft. Once assigned, the aircraft would follow the assigned stack of groun…

• And here's another problem - bombers attacking multiple stacks! There was a fleet of five bombers heading toward a scout car of mine. It had 26 bombing factors in total against an armour-type unit, so naturally I expected to lose roughly 26 hitpoints, because that's how combat works in this game. Well I did cop a loss of about 26 hitpoints - to that unit. But then I realized that two infantry units nearby had also been hit by the attack. They had a combined loss of about 30 hitpoints. So, one at…

• I hadn't played Call of War for quite a while, but came back to it after Tesla Wars was discontinued. Now I've always thought bombers were overpowered in Call of War, but usually it's me with the bombers systematically destroying the enemy. This time though, I'm facing an enemy who has also built a lot of bombers, and it's really driven home to me just how overpowered bombers are in this game. Small stacks of ground units are easily destroyed by even as little a stack of five tac bombers, in jus…

• Quote from V1nd1cat0r: “militia are not well trained than infantry historically, but they are defensive, as I said again militia is for supplementing your defense not for using in battle. ” Yes, militia are great defensive units in this game now, which again is totally ahistorical, because historically militia units fell apart when fighting real infantry. Militia units lacked the heavy equipment and training needed to fight well. They were stopgap units or units scraped together from suboptimal …

• Quote from aDudeWhoDoesThings: “You also lack the capacity to realize that infantry pave way for motorized and mechanized infantry, so sure, mass your militia, but your speed cuts your ability to takeover fast enough to really make a difference before those come into play ” It's a total waste of oil to build motorized or mech infantry. You are much better spending it on tanks or aircraft. Motorized inf are just slightly faster inf and mech inf not much better. As for infantry being "an incredibl…

• The militia change is historical? You mean, you think militia units were more useful units in World War II than trained infantry units? Then why didn't armies spam militia units instead of infantry? Your claim of historicity is clearly nonsense. And if you think infantry are a better unit in this game than tanks, I hope I get to play you sometime. I routinely spank players with infantry based armies.

• So - militia upkeep has been reduced from 100 grain to 50. Good! But why not do the same for infantry units? Militia have also had their stats buffed. Now they are only 0.5 to 1.5 attack/defence factors weaker than plain infantry. However, they also get a massive 75% boost in combat power in hills/forests - which actually makes them better than infantry in these terrain types. They also now have the same number of hitpoints as infantry. Militia still have slower movement than infantry, but they …

• I got nuked!

Joe Bentleigh - - Questions and Answers

Why not? I might shoot down an A-bomber.

• I got nuked!

I better keep some patrols above my armies then ...

• I got nuked!

Hey, do you know if interceptors can shoot down atomic bombers?

• I got nuked!

I think he might have nuked the wrong army. I had two armies close together and he must have accidentally nuked the little one I thought the other army would have got killed from proximity though.

• I got nuked!

... but I only lost 6 infantry regiments, out of total of 33 regiments. How come I didn't lose more?

• Quote from Pablo22510: “Well, at first I didn't pay much attention to this topic, because I've only fought against 1 person who had more than 5 planes and actually used them, so I don't care about interceptors, especially because I don't put them with bombers because it limits the bombers' reach. Anyhow, when I read that bigger stacka means less effectiveness I was shocked. Why on earth should that happen? It should be the opposite! ” "Effective" is probably the wrong word. They are more effecti…

• Most players don't read the forum. You're pretty safe with us

• Don't believe it

• Quote from f118: “Quote from Joe Bentleigh: “I use wave attacks for a simple reason - combat effectiveness. Air units are at maximum effectiveness in a stack of 5 units or less. For example, I attacked a stack of warships multiple times with 5 tac bombers the other day and lost no more than one tac bomber per attack. But when I combined them into a larger stack of 10 tac bombers to attack the same stack, I lost 3 tac bombers in a single attack. ” a) is that prooved information of effectiveness? …

• Quote from V1nd1cat0r: “Why did you send 5 int, againts a Nav bomber and 9 int in a stack? Of course you will lose And never use "wave" attack, I experience it from S1914 and i tell you it's a complete waste, never use it, and don't split your units that's just the stupidest action a player can do in CoW Why don't you send 9 int againts 9 int in a stack, in groups of 3 for 3 "waves" that way the enemy have a value of 90 againts a pathetic attemp. I don't know why people use "wave" attack in a ga…

• Here's yet another one. I have been attacking a stack of enemy ships with two stacks of tac bombers and interceptors, flying from the same base. Each stack has 2 interceptors and 5 bombers and I've been spacing the raids about 5 minutes apart. This seems to work fine most of the time, however if I leave the game and return, I find they have combined into one big stack of 4 interceptors and 10 bombers. Not only does this reduce their combat effectiveness by about 50%, but combat results indicate …

• This has been going on for a while now. I am not at all happy about the results I'm getting from interceptors. In the latest result, I attacked a lone nav bomber with 9 interceptors in 2 waves of 5 and 4. That's a total of 90 attack factors. Result? I destroyed just 8 hitpoints, leaving the nav with a total of 17. It's a pitiful result, and is only the latest in a series of similar results. It seems that now, even flak from ground units is more effective against bombers than direct attacks from …

• Unkillable planes

Joe Bentleigh - - Bug Reports and Issues

I think in my next campaign I am just going to build bombers and use them as ground units!