Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 695.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• As a rather old player still (for some reason) utilizing mostly light armor for ground units, dives complement the speed of my attacks well and offer sound counters to heavy armor where my ground troops would otherwise get shredded by them. I do agree it's mostly a mid-late game unit, but it's definitely very useful when one's strategy prioritizes speed over range (hence why I'm kinda bad at using the allied doctrine). However, due to their range issue, I'd suggest having some strats (lone group…

• Roko is probably going to grill me for this, but... strat bombers. I don't use them a lot, but for the first time, I tried out using them, and they're pretty decent, especially for destroying enemy airstrips. Unlike rockets which are one-time use, strat bombers can be used multiple times, and their capabilities of destroying airstrips can help me gain air superiority more easily.

• A Challenge???

Little Racoon - - Off Topic

It's surprising how, even after so long, these forum veterans are still up there (and I'm happy).

• Best invasion? Hmm, here is a recent, one-and-a-half day war I had, playing as South Africa against Germany in HWW, day 28-29 (Game end: day 30). Some background information: About on day 10, Japan invaded Poland. At that time, Japan was the fastest-growing empire, obliterating any and all countries in his way. Germany, being an ally of Poland, attacked Japan. As South Africa, I was busy making my presence in the Middle East, conquering French West Africa and being allied to Britain. I had sense…

• Since this is the first time in ACAI, I would recommend more practical, survivable countries: Japan is an obvious pick, as it has an extremely powerful initial military, but China is a greatly underrated choice. Having one the best resource production in all countries, it is the single why Japan both in-game and RL would attack it. As one mentioned, allying with Japan would be the primary option, but that is highly unlikely as Japan pretty much needs Chinese resources. So, who to ally with? Simp…

• The Open Bar Chatroom

Quote from Karl von Krass: “sorry racc, u arent in the right, ma-clique is more in the right. ma-clique dosent need to give an eplanation of where he uses his gold ” Fair point. I can't stop him from using gold, nor does he have to tell me where he uses his gold.

• The Open Bar Chatroom

Part 3 because I reached attachment limit: It ended with these literal essays (mine was so long I had to divide into two attachments): forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…3e52c9632e419ea762345ae47forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…3e52c9632e419ea762345ae47 forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…3e52c9632e419ea762345ae47 Who is in the right, and who is in the wrong? I am accused of betrayal, which I admit, but were my reasons justified? He is accused of golding, which he admits, but were his reasons justified? No…

• The Open Bar Chatroom

Part 2 of my grievances in open bar chatroom: I started my war by attacking Ma-Clique held Malaysia, quickly taking Kuala Lumpur with a lone AC and pushing from there. About 75% of my armies were in the east as I was previously conquering the Pacific islands, so they needed about a day to arrive. I hoped they wouldn't gather enough vps to win before day 14, and in the closing seconds, I was ready to collect the so-called "pity gold". Then, day 14 hit. forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…3e52c9632e419…

• The Open Bar Chatroom

As this is open bar chatroom, I hope me saying stuff here won't get me another warn, as what's coming next is pretty harsh. This is part 1, as the whole thing, especially with screenshots, is pretty long. So, a day prior at day 13 of a 100p, I was just minding my own business as Papua New Guinea when I saw the news:forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…3e52c9632e419ea762345ae47 3570/3952. Obviously, I freaked out. The coalition consists of 4 of the top 5 countries with another at the top 10: SW Africa,…

• Quote from Andromeda: “So I have a good idea for an espionage update - I was thinking a good idea would be to make it that spies on military sabotage duty can "steal" a level of research for a random unit, and then all of the same units with that level would be moved down a level. For example, if the enemy is at lvl 4 Light Tanks, and I steal one of his research levels, all his light tanks would go down to lvl 3, and he would have to research lvl 4 again to bring them back up. ” This wouldn't re…

• The Open Bar Chatroom

Quote from Quasi-duck: “Okay so I have 5 ducks and a chainsaw. I walk into a bar and say whatever drink the lady to my left is drinking, well the cost of that divided by 50 and x16 is the number of times I can do a backflip. What colour shoes am I wearing? ” Long time no see. Oh, and the color? Brown from the puke when you were drunk.

• Join/Win ratio

Little Racoon - - General Discussions

Quote from Scrappy_: “Is join/win ratio important because a lot of times I join games but leave because they get boring, should I restart and play one game at a time so my ratio is good or does it not matter? ” It is merely for your pride. Generally speaking, I play most of my games till the end, hence my higher join/win ratio, but if you feel a game has become boring, it's all fine if you want to leave. A low join/win ratio could mean one of two things: 1) You quit games a lot despite being a g…

• Game Freeze/Crash

Little Racoon - - Bug Reports and Issues

I believe this is already experienced by a number of us. After the recent update, my screen, whether on mobile or computer, would freeze every few minutes, and in the case of my computer, sometimes the game would simply crash and reload. It is a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless. At least one other player that I know is experiencing the same issues.

• The Open Bar Chatroom

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “What's F? You can PM if its sensitive... ” It's a reference to the meme "Press F to pay respects", I believe. Has a similar meaning to "oof" or "Feels bad man". A very simple way to show sympathy.

• Fiction

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Heh, you sure have a talent for killing a story! ” Not sure if I should be proud of that...

• The Open Bar Chatroom

Say, this is an open bar room, but no beer or other types of alcohol? P.S: this doesn't apply to me, but just wondering what a bar room without alcohol would be like.

• Regarding on how to use the Pan-Asia doctrine as Japan in 30p HWW, here's a few takes: Japan has a pretty terrible economy compared to the other superpowers, but it is enough to build up a decently-sized army early game. EARLY GAME: In HWW, if I recall correctly, Japan has many ships spreaded out, a small airforce, and an even smaller army (in terms of coverage) in their lands. I would suggest using this period to mass produce infantry, artillery, and decide between airforce or navy (suggest nav…

• Fiction

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “One of these kingdoms was Rusna. It spanned a fertile valley with rivers flowing through them, making their crops easy to grow on the fertile soil, bringing them wealth and power. The people did not have to work very hard to secure a comfortable life. They were ruled by the Hiri dynasty, which passed powers over to its descendants without any notable uproar over the course of centuries. There were no reasons for conflict, as everyone recieved what they needed and wante…

• Shower thoughts

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Another existential one. When you put socks in the washing machine, you always put an even number in. When you take them out, there is always an odd number. By definition, even numbers can't be primes, but odds can. So, is the amount of primes growing? ” Strange... I put a pair in, and three unique ones come out. Perhaps they are yours, Roko? (possibly a portal?)

• Fiction

I suddenly have an idea: what if we all make a story by continuing the tale of the previous person/s? You may use quoting to continue a story, and you can quote any previous person, thus possibly creating branch stories. No word limit, only rules are that you may NOT quote yourself and have good grammar. I'll start with a creation/worldbuilding tale. Untold ages ago, the world was a beautiful place. Birds soared above the clouds, their great wings spread wide as they glided about in the air. Ins…