Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 121.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• anonymous messages

BeorntheBold - - Questions and Answers

I agree, anonymous messages were an excellent tool to spread propaganda. I'm guessing it was removed because of abuse, but game moderators could see who posted it if anyone complained and take appropriate action - same as now.

• It would be really helpful to be able to display the map showing coalition holdings and boundaries (100 player map). Similar to how individual countries are color coded when showing nations by color.

• Player X is the only player in a coalition and is listed on the coalition display as still having 1 province. But however close I scrutinize the map I can't find it. I don't know the name of it, only that there is one last province remaining. Also, Player Y is not in a coalition but is still in the game. Nowhere can I find how many provinces he has left. Used to the number of player provinces was listed in the diplomacy grid but not any more. How can I find the last province or provinces that a …

• A simple change to naval unit healing would greatly enhance the game by giving naval bases and ports more utility: naval units only heal if in range of a friendly naval base or port. This would make islands more important - for building naval installations. Different types of ships and technology levels would have different ranges (similar to air units). The ranges would NOT be a movement limit but only defining where they can repair and where they cannot. A friendly naval installation would be …

• Well not many building survive a successful invasion. Most of the time when I take a fully developed city there no buildings left. Even if the city was undefended and I simply walk in. Doesn't seem to matter what kind of units I take it with or how many.

• My guess is that a level 2 unit should have a different icon than a level 1

• Another question: Is it actually 24 hours you need to wait from trade embargo to declaring war, or is it simply to wait past day change? (1 minute to day change, trade embargo.....1 minute after, declare war - can it be manipulated like that?

• I understand the best practice is to wait at least 24 hours between the trade embargo and declaring war. Is there an ideal waiting period between declaring war and actually making an attack? And does the attack count when you give the order or when the unit comes in range and actually fires? Because the previous posts give the impression that you can go to war without popularity penalty by: 1) trade embargo and wait 24 hours, and then 2) declare war and then with no further delay go ahead and at…

• Almost every time I type a message to another player in the diplomacy screen, there will intermittently be a delay between pressing a key and the relevant characters appearing on the screen. It happens here in this entry field as well. This never happens when typing online in any other application. Perhaps there is a keyboard buffer issue in your text field entries?

• Unreadable Newspaper

BeorntheBold - - Bug Reports and Issues

Whenever I try to read the in-game newspaper, the World Herald, it is near impossible to read anything once you scroll down because it refreshes so quickly. Often before you can even find what you are looking for. When it refreshes, you are put back at the beginning of the day's news. Does it really need to refresh so quickly? Can't it just refresh when you close it and reopen it?

• If the rocket has 20 strength vs buildings and 16 strength vs infantry, does that mean it will inflict 16 pts damage on infantry units and 20 pts damage on structures, ignoring the random factor?

• Quote from RBoi200: “Quote from BeorntheBold: “The barracks and airbase are undamaged, nothing tells me if they have hit points or not - will they be destroyed or partially damaged and if so how much? ” Buildings have 40 hitpoints, I believe. ” Does that mean the rocket described above as having 20 strength vs structures will do 50% damage to one building and that's all?

• I've seen a lot of discussion about rockets but nothing clearly tells me the maximum damage a rocket can do. In CoW 1.5, can someone please explain it? For example, the statistics for a level 1 rocket say it has 16 strength against ground units, 10 against air & surface sea units, 5.2 against subs, 20 vs buildings, and 13.0 vs morale. If one is fired on the center dot of a territory that contains an infantry unit, a light tank, an armored car, an interceptor, a tactical bomber, a barracks, an ai…

• Stats are bad but until you have the chance to see their army/navy compositions or see their tactics and strategy it is all you have to go on. As far as the argument on solo wins vs coalition wins it is, like all other stats, subject to interpretation. For example, other than my first few games year ago, I play only the 100 player map. I have never sought a solo victory, but have one because my coalition members quit near the end. Playing alone or as a team is a strategic choice, so writing off …

• Another option for land unit - fall back but monitor (stop when the next movement would get out of sight range).

• "If this feature is added it should have some sort of measure that stops a player from retreating whenever he thinks he is going to lose." In real life, that is the usual reason to retreat. The penalty is that retreating usually means further loss at almost no reciprocal damage. For the game, this could be addressed through a one-sided round of combat where the retreating forces do no damage to the other side. Retreats would have to be the reverse direction of the units' arrival (no use of "retr…

• I never betray anyone because I have been betrayed before (many times) and I know how it feels. My sense of honor will not permit me to act that way. Not only am I absolutely loyal to my coalition or allies but also to any agreement I make. Of course, having been betrayed before I am always wary. If I have concrete evidence that someone has or is about to betray me then I feel all agreements are null and void. Also if a player becomes unresponsive and a reasonable amount of time has passed, then…

• I play 100 player map, Cow 1.5 Whenever I capture provinces, especially cities, it seems no structures survive. It doesn't seem to matter if it is captured with one unit or a huge stack. Surely some structures should survive?

• My recent game I tried building some infrastructure - I play the 100 player map exclusively, by the way. Playing New England, I expanded down the eastern seaboard and across the south into Mexico. Moving units from my primary production area (New England) to the battle front (Mexico) was extremely slow, so I thought I would build infrastructure up on a path in between. I built a line of about 7 or 8 provinces but realized it was not practical. I would need about 15 more provinces built up and by…

• RBoi200 mentioned a circular patrol function. I would like to see a patrol order for surface units - not like air units but to move back and forth between 2 points until ordered otherwise or encountering an enemy. This would be especially beneficial for naval units to patrol a coastline. A circular patrol function for aircraft would be good, though not necessarily circular. Just the ability to define way point patrols along with being able to define the duration of each patrol. For example, patr…