Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WebGL reactions

Athenaios45701 - - Beta Feedback & Issues

It's much easier to read black words on a map with clearly differentiated colors than white words on a map with colors that are similar. That's not a matter of taste or a bug issue. That's poor design. Please give us the option to play on the old map! Thanks.

• WebGL reactions

Athenaios45701 - - Beta Feedback & Issues

I like the new scrolling and the zooming very much, particularly when I'm trying to get around a massive empire. I don't like the shading and color contrast, however. It is harder for me to see the difference between my own territory and my opponents if the colors are too similar. That should be an easy fix, though -- just make sure the color values and shading patterns are more distinct. Cheers, Athenaios

• Rude players

Athenaios45701 - - General Discussions

I wonder what the average age of Call of War players is. (I'm 45.) I wonder this in part because of how RUDE some players can be. For example: we're playing a game with no alliances. That means only one person can win. So inevitably people are going to turn on one another and all truces are temporary. Calling your opponent all kinds of names seems like an odd choice. It's particularly strange when high-ranking players do this. Perhaps it's not just age but the fact that we don't see each other's…

• Well, I'm back in my Frontline game. My economy kept ticking along during the 48 hours downtime. It's odd to buy like 20 industrial complexes at once

• My goal in playing the Frontline game for the last 40 days wasn't to earn more gold than I expected to earn by winning. It is frustrating, however, to be on the point of winning, to have launched time-sensitive attacks, and then have the game shut down. I only asked for a gold bonus to keep Bytro aware that we are working for them by beta-testing. My play doesn't depend on gold. I win by building my economy and attentive diplomacy. Athenaios

• It has been nearly 24 hours since I have been able to enter this game. I still cannot enter the game. And I was winning. I believe a gold refund would be appropriate. Thank you.

• I have not been able to play my Frontline game this morning. Every time I've tried to load the game in the last few hours, I have received the error message "Action cannot be processed by server". And that annoys me, because I'm winning it.

• My opponent and I agreed to make peace while two of our regiments were engaged in battle. The peace shows up in the Information screen and when I click on my opponent's territory. But our forces are still hitting each other. When will they stop? We want to give peace a chance! Thanks, Athenaios

• Exactly. Size doesn't always matter. It's how hard you hit.

• Wow, so it's total functional strength, not just unit count. That means the newspaper is actually providing more helpful information than I thought. Thanks, Restrisiko.

• C'mon guys, Vorlon works really hard. Could someone answer the question and spare him some effort?

• I know how many units another player has because I'm his/her ally. They have one of the strongest armies in the current game. But the World Herald stats claim that this player has a very weak army relative to other countries. Please can someone explain? Thanks, Athenaios

• Two words: Operation Barbarossa. Didn't work out so well.

• Arbitrage

Hmm. Then I don't understand why the AIs can't be programmed to check market price before they post sales.

• Arbitrage

Arbitrage: "the simultaneous buying and selling of securities, currency, or commodities in different markets or in derivative forms in order to take advantage of differing prices for the same asset." As in, I just bought 3500 units of food at 6.4 and immediately sold them at 7.9. Why did my opponents allow me to do this? Athenaios

• Is he cheater?

There should be a metric to indicate if you won a game with the use of gold or without.

• There might be valid situational reasons for moving a vulnerable capital. What I had in mind were the players (like me) who built a big empire and moved their capital to a position near the front. That didn't work out so well back in my core provinces

• 1) Focus on your economy. Don't forget naval bases. 2) Team up. You won't win alone. 3) Economy and diplomacy are more important than strategy or tactics. This is a game for accountants, not von Mansteins. 4) Attack the weakling. 5) Core provinces generate 4x more resources than occupied provinces. Attack your enemy's core provinces first. Head for the capital if you can. Starve your enemy. 6) Mass infantry assaults on weak positions often work better than a clash between sophisticated armies wi…