Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 41.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Or add to Edepedable's suggestion a reward for never quitting. Anyone who never goes inactive before the end or before being eliminated gets a PL point.

• Just make sure you keep offering a big variety of speed options as there are obviously people who strongly prefer normal speed and people who want 4- or 6x speed. I would like to see an experimental half speed or two-thirds speed.

• Sonar

dioglaert - - Suggestions / Criticism

Somewhere in this thread, someone called subs nothing more than glorified patrol boats. Not true because they are very good for killing cruisers and battleships. Great against noobs who build unprotected stacks of cruisers and/or battleships. They even have some use against better players to make them spend their game resources and personal time countering your flexible options when you have subs in your mix.

• Sonar

I may be mistaken, but I believe that the game as it is already provides you with a solution to the problem of the vulnerability of a troop transport stack to enemy subs. Put a small sub stack ahead of the big stack to move out in front. It will encounter the enemy subs first and be in melee with them. Behind that your big stack is moving, at the same speed as the subs because you also put a sub in the big stack. The big stack contains destroyers to range-attack the enemy subs. The big stack has…

• Improved Team Up! Event

dioglaert - - News

This is how I believe it should work: Inactive team mates are AI controlled, map-sharing members of your team. Thus you can never attack them. If you reconquer their provinces after a enemy takes them, you keep them if they are not core provinces of that inactive player, but if they are core for that player, they revert to that AI team mate. If an enemy completely reduces an inactive team member to 0 VP, then that country leaves your team and its relation with you is reduced to right-of-way. NOW…

• Evil Genius

This gives me a idea for a better rating system.

• Mentor-Student Rounds

I have an idea for a mentoring program where experienced players can volunteer to help new players learn the game. To qualify to be a mentor, you would need a rank of 40 and K/D ratios of at least 0.9 and 2.5. To qualify to be a student, you must be unqualified to be a mentor, and you must have previously joined fewer than three rounds as a student. Every Mentor and every Student who remains active until they are wiped out or the game ends receives a reward of 1000 Gold. A player who is currentl…

• Evil Genius

This feature would be included on a system-created round occasionally, and would be available in user-created games as an advanced option. To qualify to sign up as an evil genius in a round, a player needs a rank of 50 and K/D ratios of 1.05 and 4. One evil genius would be allowed on a 22-player map, two on 40 or 50, and 4 on a 100-player map. There could be fewer (even 0) in a round if it fills up before people sign up for all the evil genius slots. Evil geniuses would not be allowed to form al…

• Gold Free Rounds

I tried Player's League and enjoyed it. However I have not played it again because I don't like the time limit. I prefer normal games where there is no time limit. To me, PL is incomplete, with half a mid-game phase and no end-game phase at all. I brought this up in the PL section of the Forum, and it turns out that the company will only support PL as a tournament, and tournaments must have time limits in order to be workable.

• Gold Free Rounds

It seems to me that there is plenty of demand for gold free maps.I have a proposal for how to do this. Create a new currency, call it Silver. Silver can only be acquired by paying real money or as rewards in Silver Rounds. In Silver Rounds, gold usage is impossible and there are no gold rewards. To play a Silver Round costs 10,000 Silver. Silver Rounds would be just like other rounds, but the rewards are in Silver rather than Gold. There should be one additional reward: any player who never goes…

• Teams and Resurrection

In a team game, I believe that a player who is eliminated, but logs in and says something in team chat often enough to avoid exhausting the inactivity timer, should be resurrected by a team mate conquering his core provinces. An eliminated player should be able to receive trades and gifts to enable immediate rebuilding when resurrected.

dioglaert - - News

Quote from patriota75: “The worst map I ever played. About 35 or 40 players of my team become inactive so I could not take their territory and I had not space where to expand, At the end I had fight with 10 players of other team. Somehow I finished in 5th place. It was all but fun. I do not recommend this event. ” Sounds frustrating, yet also fun.

dioglaert - - News

Also, I have heard in a chat within the game that morale is a huge problem as you start out at war with 50 countries.

dioglaert - - News

What are the victory conditions and the rewards? This information should always be included in the news blast, or in the description that you can see when you click on the little information icon on a round you are thinking of joining.

• I wish that half of the system-created games had Random Country Selection.

• I played the January 2019 round, and it was a good experience. The change that will bring me back is removing the time limit. A game played to the end should have an addition to the rewards. Namely: Any player who never goes inactive should receive 100 PL points. And the gold rewards for the round should continue to be awarded soon after the round. These things will hopefully encourage more players to stick with PL.

• "Anti betrayal measures: Players of a team or a coalition can no longer change their relation to members of other teams or coalitions to anything better than peace (e.g. shared map is not possible)" This removes only one tool from a betrayer's toolbox. It is misguided, distorting the game in an ineffective attempt to prevent betrayal. At least make this optional on user-created games, and make half of the system-created games the old way of no diplomacy restrictions. I hate betrayal as much as a…

• "Anti betrayal measures: Players of a team or a coalition can no longer change their relation to members of other teams or coalitions to anything better than peace (e.g. shared map is not possible)" This prevents only one betrayal scenario among many. It is misguided on the part of Bytro. They should at least make this optional on user-created games, and make half of the system-created games the old way of no diplomacy restrictions.

• Quick Questions

dioglaert - - Questions and Answers

I have tried a lot of online games, and this is the least P2W of them all. I have joined 11 CoW games, 8 finished and 2 more in the final stages, and have never been bested by a gold user. And every time I look at how to spend the gold that I have received in rewards, I am surprised by how little effect the gold spending has. I agree with other comments that High Command is a very good deal. For $4.17 per month you can play all the games you want. I love the advanced fire control, very useful, a…

• Also the lower training time for foot infantry makes sense (but still should be much higher than militia, so you should also reduce the training time for militia just a tiny bit). And militia of course should have the same manpower cost as infantry. By the same token the manpower upkeep should be reduced to 100 and 70 rather than 110 and 75.