Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 482.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Kaionline123: “I agree don't train infantry and militia first but I disagree to not attack in the 1st week I have played mew South Wales and declared war in the 2nd day almost took the whole country in a day so I agree with most of your argument but the 1st week don't attack I absolutely doubt you'll go far doing that ” There are always exceptions, if you can gain more then you lose by attacking it is of course not a bad idea. Attacking small AI nations or even small players or player…

• Back on your high horse to show us mortals how to play Call of War I see. Quote from Last Warrior: “In CoW classic Dominion antarktika main provinces with labs have city terrain... Good luck with keeping with tanks... ” Right, but not the provinces AROUND the labs. Those are plains. Quote from Edepedable: “Terrain and tanks/tankd destroyers Tanks, in 1.0, as well as tank destroyers played a big part in keeping the labs safe. Every lab province is surrounded by plaines after all. Though it is som…

• Hey BMfox, Nice guide I appreciate the shoutout. I would like to draw attention to some of your greatest one liners ever. Quote from BMfox: “1) It's the ultimate map to see how skilled you are. 2) Troops can't kill you when they cant reach you: Artillery is queen, Tactical bombers are king. 3) Don't join their race!!! ” It's a really nice article, to bad I only found it just now. Your summation of how to handle the map and the aspects that have to be taken into account are shown very well in you…

• Quote from Last Warrior: “Quote from Edepedable: “I have no idea what this means? ” exactly, you said it... And sorry, but im out of here. ” You are more than welcome to offer an explanation, or at least quote me in full. What I mean is that I do not understand the words you use and that your sentences do not always make sense. Your 'argument' or whatever you are trying to say is unclear and so is your explanation. Blatantly saying you know better than all others and that your explanation is abo…

• @Last Warrior I have no idea if you are disagreeing or supporting my explanation? I do hope you understand that I am not advocating for sitting around doing nothing while you do research so that you can start building units later as cheap as possible. The question was 'what is cheaper, building and then upgrading or researching and then building'. All I am saying is that researching and then building is indeed the cheaper option. What this means in practice depends on your position, doctrine and…

• Quote from Last Warrior: “you forget to amortize expenses of fabrics for highlevel units... Another example, say level x unit is 2 times stronger than lvl 1 unit, it but it costs only 60% more. For 200% of level 1 you can get also 2 level 1 units. For 160% of level 1 you can get new builded 1 level x unit or upgaded one wich costs 100% for level 1 + half of 160% also 80% for upgrade. now you paid 20% of level 1 unit more, then by building only level x unit, but you safe time and expenses of fabr…

• Quote from MNet: “As for the build times. I'm not sure I follow your logic. I have a doctrine that cuts 20% time/cost for upgrades, but even with that upgrading from level 1 artillery to level 3 takes 1 hour 36 minutes. Upgrading from level 2 to level 3 also takes 1 hour and 36 minutes. The cost and time go up as the level I'm going to goes up, but there doesn't appear to be any difference in the amount of time or the cost between upgrading up 1 level or going up 3 levels. Still getting samples …

• Assault Guns?

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from whowh: “What's interesting about this idea is that it is being put down as it would replace tanks. This is what happened. The most built German WW2 combat vehicle (apart from half-tracks) was the Stug-III-G, an assault gun. As it is called an Assault gun perhaps it could be extremely powerful offensively but weak defensively. ” The game is not a war simulator, they are not trying to copy everything historically accurate for the sake of making the game fun. If that were true out of the…

• Quote from MNet: “When I say it takes over a day I'm talking level 6 and 7 planes being built in level 3 air factories in cities with high morale. May not sound like much but that's usually when you need them the most. Building level 3 factories for artillery and tanks sounds good, but I need those factories close to the front lines and that line moves fast and often. Front line factories are far more likely to be lower levels. Also, the upgrade times that I'm seeing are far less than half. For …

• Upgrading a unit takes half of the units minimal build time. If building planes takes over a day for you, you need to go higher on your production buildings. I try to aim for the minimum build time or in some cases one level lower if that still suffices my needs. It is not strange for me to have 5 level 5 production buildings as a minimum for any production building. For ordnance that number is usually higher because of artillery and anti-air. For barracks and tank factories this can also be the…

• Release Notes- 2020-11-03

Edepedable - - News

Quote from Chimere: “I think +50% in mountains is way less valuable than +25% in plains, especially when the motorized chooses where it fights. Would be interesting to check the distribution of provinces between hills/forests/plains/mountains/cities Nonetheless, misreading the Light Armor stats changes my opinion significately. Maybe I should test them eventually... but it just does not fit it in my fast moving unit line-up. Maybe if oil was more rare after a rebalancing, I would use less fast u…

• Quote from MNet: “Better to build cheap (level 1) and then jump up once (1 to 4) then to pay to build levels 1, 2, and 3 and then have to pay for each upgrade... 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and 3 to 4. ” Or, even better than upgrading level 1 units. Just start building level 4 units. I do not use planes in the early stages of the game for the same reasons you mentioned. My first airplane that I build is usually level 3. Saves a lot of resources.

Edepedable - - News

Quote from Chimere: “Motorized infantry does a better job against heavy armor than Commando except - if the TD is not moving (so you can only use attack and Commando is 10% better), - in Mountain (but rare) and granted in Forest, If the TD is accompanied by a light armor or infantry, the motorized infantry does miles better. In addition, Mot. absolutely outperform Commandos vs infantry and vs light armor. They go faster including in Mountains and Forests. I can see myself using Commandos if I am…

Edepedable - - News

Quote from freezy: “I find the Commandos in 1.5 pretty worthwhile. Sure they are beaten by Motorized Inf but that is intentional, every unit must have a counter unit. Otherwise they are pretty flexible cos they are stealth on all terrain and you don't need a capital anymore to produce them. ” Their hefty price still means no one makes nothing but commandos. Since their level ups are limited you get a lot of unit for the research being done. They serve a more specific purpose now whereas in 1.0 t…

• Quote from Petrus Beauvilliers: “On top of this, what about the doctrines, this can play extensively into this question. Allies will be more successful with the approach, while Axis will struggle and approaching with heavy research early on is not likely a good tactic due to the increased expenses. ” Allies and Comintern doctrine can both do this quite effectively. Allies due to their cheaper and faster research and Comintern because of their cheaper troops. Allies does not need to do this as mu…

• Assault Guns?

Quote from Weids: “Quote from Edepedable: “Quote from Weids: “Motorized infantry will do. ” Well yeah but they have a different armour class. ” So what? It's the same. ” If its different it is not the same

• Quote from MNet: “Is it cheaper to do the research before you start building a bunch of units or build the units and then research and upgrade to a higher level? For example, is it cheaper to build a bunch of level 1 planes and then do the research and upgrade them to level 3 or cheaper to research up to level 3 and then build level 3 planes? ” Say that a level 1 unit costs 10 then a level 2 unit costs 12. Its not exactly linear but for explaining its close enough. Upgrading costs halve the pric…

• Assault Guns?

Quote from Weids: “Motorized infantry will do. ” Well yeah but they have a different armour class. Sat on it for a day and the idea is kinda growing on me. But I'm afraid it turns things around very weirdly in the game. Right now if you want to fight infantry with heavy armour you use medium or heavy tanks. The main reason tanks are successful in the game is because everyone starts with infantry and that gives the tanks something to destroy. If you add Assault Guns to be able to even more effect…

• Assault Guns?

I guess they would be tanks without being effective against heavy armour and more so against infantry but only on the attack, more like a reversed tank destroyer. I do not hate the idea, I do think it is very hard to implement though. I can see some problems with it. - As Jesterthesheep mentioned, why use direct attack unit for fighting infantry if you can use ranged weapons? - Would tanks still really serve a purpose? Instead of building tanks you can just build SPG and TD and use whichever sui…

• Keep it clean guys, keep in mind that you do not know who is on the other side of the screen. Could be a young person, old person, super smart person or someone that is gifted in other ways. No way to tell, only thing that is sure is that someone is passionate enough about the game to be active on the forum. That always deserves some appreciation.