Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 28.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I've noticed that the cities in the new 4x speed World at War no longer have double resources. Would you please explain the logic of why this has been changed? In fact the resource amounts have been changed throughout. I'd like to understand why this occurred.

• I'm playing a WaW 100 player map (game 5,802,875), and Ukraine has disappeared from the Diplomacy list. Also, in CoW 1.5, the player's alliance membership showed up when you clicked the "i" button (for the player/country) on the Diplomacy page. It is important to me to know about pre-existing relationships with other players in the same game. I urgently request that you restore that feature. Additionally, a buddy of mine is on the same map as me. Initially, he was having diffculty zooming in and…

• I like Donk 2.0's modification. Spawning a militia unit in an empty province makes sense. Spawning a militia unit on troops already in the province after a failed upraising (it had to have failed, else your troops would not still be there) does not make logical sense to me.

• Thanks for the enlightenment!

• Quote from NoobNoobTrain: “Also, I learned the hard way that once you reach a certain level and/or win ratio, ppl will gang up on you in open games just to see if they can knock you down. In the first few games, I thought that was just a coincidence, but now I see the pattern. Even noobs can ruin your stats if they are plenty enough. Oh well, bring it on! ” I used this "gang up" technique myself when I was going through the Sargeant levels (levels 40-80). I always look at the stats of all the pl…

• There used to be a requirement that a player had to be at level 11 or better to play America Homefront games. That has apparently gone away. This is the second America Homefront game that I have played where there are 40 recruits (level 1) playing, and 39 of them are doing nothng. That really takes the challenge and fun out of the game. I have taken to posting some basic strategy in the newspaper to give them ideas on how to play, and perhaps 2 of them are taking advantage and playing actively n…

• If have an issue with paratroopers (I see some calling them parashooters, perhaps to convey they are in "ground mode") not conquering certain provinces. In game 4,702,435 the paratroopers landed in Taipei, and did not conquer it. After they had assembled, I marched them to neighboring Taoyuan, which they captured, and then marched them back to Taipei. They still did not conquer the city. I had them attack Taipei, and several minutes later they finally conquered it. I have had the same issue with…

• Dawn of the Patriot

Braveheart23 - - Questions and Answers

I'm playing a Dawn of the Patriot event game (#4,050,512), and 40% of my provinces that have resources don't produce. The resource marker is greyed out. Only one of the 1xResource provinces produces anything, along with Urban (2xResource) production. If I capture non-urban enemy resource provinces, most of them don't produce either. How do I make them produce? Or is the greyed out resource symbol just a teaser to create frustration?

• CoW balancing changelog - 2020-07-14

Braveheart23 - - News

As far as I am concerned, CoW 1.5 still has significant issues. For one, who ever heard of a battleship sinking a submarine at range? Or sinking a submarine period? There is no connection with reality here. The only way a battleship can sink a submarine is to collide with a surfaced submarine, or accidentally run over one at periscope depth. Having my submarines sunk at long range by an enemy battleship is FANTASY, but it happened multiple times. Destroyers should not even be sinking submarines …

• Here is another departure from reality. Railroad guns are portrayed as having 406mm guns and a range of 150 (no units of measure). Realistic. Battleships have 406mm naval gun (equivalent to 16" guns found on multiple classes of US battleships. So, why does a battleship 406mm gun only have a range of 80? A railroad gun can pommel a battleship from almost twice as far away as a battleship can engage a railroad gun. Yes, this a game, but some acknowledgement of the laws of physics must be made. If …

• I do not follow why the game allows naval bombers to take damage from submarines. This game is supposed to mimic WW2 tactics. If a submarine was found by aircraft, they dived. Yes, the subs had AA machine guns, but that was a mode of last hope when being strafed after being caught off guard. The submarine immediately dived if it could. A submerged submarine cannot conceivably damage aircraft. Aircraft can drop torpedoes and depth charges on submerged submarine. Work out some device in your progr…

• I'm having issues with how two full strength level 2 light tank brigades sitting in a province will join a rebellion and turn over to an enemy. (COW 1.5) That is unrealistic, and annoying beyond belief. Once upon a time you published a rebellion table, and with that many hit points in a province, there should be no rebellion. I wish you would publish your new guidelines at least.

• I don't believe you, or else the table you published about rebellions (chances of) is worthless. Now I have had 3 full strength light tank brigades destroyed (over 2,000 men) in another rebellion. I continue to say, Bah Humbug!!!!! At least come clean and say that your table about chances of rebellion has been greatly modified, or else is no longer valid. This is the table I am referring to: Province Morale: 16% = 83% (ground units with 21 hit points to get 0% rebellion) 17% =77% chance of rebel…

• Now, it seems that you may have fixed, or over fixed, Rebellion. In game 3,224,993 I am paying West Ontario. I took Toronto, and had 2 light tank brigades and a partial infantry regiment the city - over 40 hit points, with morale at 25%. Rebellion occurs, 2 light tank brigade at 90% plus strength are killed, and the infantry regiment deserts and the city turns over to another country. Bah, Humbug! Is that really supposed to happen? Not according to your table. What's going on? signed, Braveheart…

• In game #3,126,957, I am playing Volga Perm. Twice now, I have wanted to fly aircraft squadrons on carriers to a land air base (within range), and the game packs up my squadrons into convoys and slowly moves them to land. This is messed up. Can you please fix?

• When you fixed the achievements for games not won but achievements earned, you have taken away the games I played in. I have 24 legitimate wins for having only played 6 games if you look at my stats. In reality, I have played 39 or 40 games. Can you fix that?

• I, too, have just received notification that I have 12 achievements for winning games that I have not played. I went from no wins to Gold status on all 4 of those categories. (Europe - Road to War, Antarctica Dominion, etc.)

• I'm playing Greater Romania in game 2,892,929 which is COW 1.5. The UK has a fighter that cannot be shot down, and does damage to my troops. Quite frustrating. The morale bar is completely red and shows -647%. (note the negative sign) Now I have destroyed his air base, and he still won't die. I would send you a picture, but my screenshot photo is evidently too big. This is taking place in Dijon, France. 23 hours later, it has defeated my level 2 light tank (airplanes on trucks - really?) even th…

• I'm playing my first game of COW 1.5 and have yet to figure out the tactics. There is a heavy emphasis on manpower to build anything. I'm "rich" in all the other resources except perhaps money. So, manpower becomes the limiting factor. You say that units do not upgrade automatically as one researches higher levels. I have yet to see how that is going to play out if I have a mix of 3 different levels of artillery, or tactical bombers, or light tanks. What I can say is that I keep hesitating to bu…

• I have played a couple of games so far that are ranked (for instance, my victories over heavy tanks have been increased on my achievements tab) where my attacks with tactical bombers and regular artillery are no longer increasing my tally/score on my achievements page. And yes, these defeats of enemy units are against active players. Specific instance: I am playing in game 2,787,307 against West Ontario (who is active) and bombing lots of his units with tactical bombers, but my "Carpetbomber" to…