Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “No matter how this would be implemented, it would either be OP or not worth it, just adding an unneeded level of complexity. Current rpair level is 15% of missing points per day, which is NO WAY near being useful. If you add a mechanism to make that 25% when paying attention to it, it probably wouldn' t be enough either. Making that 50% would be OP though. See the point? How do you balance that fine line somewhere in between, and for example, make sure it works on all …

• Ya - I've noticed a reduced effectiveness in my first shot too!

• @dw98 Great advice about letting units recover; quick question though - what makes you think I am not already doing that? Like I said late in the game my industrial base is quite far from the front which requires very careful planning to sustain an offensive. I also find it somewhat amusing that the justification you provided for the pathetic recover rate is "Stuff happens in real life" then later read not once but twice "Its a game - get over it" - Not asking for units to "go back to 100% overn…

• C'mon! You mean to tell me the "X-Factor" is strong enough to allow a fighter to be out numbered 5-1 and still shoot down the enemy at a rate of 2-1?!? Even if that were true then I am having a very bad run of luck because it happens TO me routinely but never FOR me. Shouldn't happen essentially random? I get that you want to have some randomness and unpredictability in the game but this is extreme - way too extreme IMO. Let's do some math: Level 2 fighters have 20 HP each and air attack of 5.5.…

• Just checked in on the fight - the enemy is dead and my now 3 fighter stack is at 92%.

• I put 5 level 2 fighters on patrol over 1 grounded level 2 fighter. Nothing else was under my patrol area - I made sure of that. I expect that on average I would do 5 times as much damage to the grounded fighter than he does to me. I have already lost 1 fighter and my 4 stack is reduced to 76% - 1% away from losing another and the enemy fighter is at 15%! I'm PO'd! I have encountered this kind of uneven exchange several times before in several different games and raised multiple bug reports to b…

• Disband Units

Elite Canuck - - Suggestions / Criticism

I would like to be able to disband or upgrade units so that I could change the composition of my army later in the game. Like I would want to upgrade some of my early build infantry into motorized or mechanized, but being able to disband and get some resources back and then build what I want would work too. As it is now the infantry are consuming food making new builds harder.

• The free repair is pathetic just today I saw a 2 fighter stack that was at 83% get "repaired" to 85%. Only when units are nearly dead do you see anything like a reasonable recovery which quickly diminishes as the repair progresses. I have seen a unit at 12% and after 10 full days only repaired to 76%! My idea is that airbase, port and new hospital for infantry and garage for armour allow a repair rate of 1% per hour. No repair possible if attacked at any time during the hour. I would also allow …

• New Unit: Marines

Elite Canuck - - Suggestions / Criticism

Marines are elite units and would have higher combat capabilities much like Commandos and Paratroops but their raison d'etre is amphibious warfare. It would be appropriate to give them combat bonuses when landing but most importantly a greatly reduced load/unload time. On some maps with lots of islands this can be very useful. Most "secret" combat units, except for Commandos, are late game items anyway when you *should* have the resources to spare. Anyway I wouldn't care if I only ever built a f…

• I would go for a much shortened wait time but killing the enemy is the point - territory is the bait I haven't encountered anyone using the rush tactic some are worried about, if they do it does need to be addressed and this would be one way.

• A simple fix to the para rush tactic is to prevent them from capturing a province until after the existing wait time for moving. One thing I would like to see is to allow them to be droppable on friendly territory - I would use them as a rapid reaction force then. As to their historical utility they were generally elite and highly effective units - when not dropped. When dropped they routinely suffered heavy casualties but their mere presence would cause confusion and disruption in enemy formati…

• Quote from EmperorEmp: “3) Gold usage is not a bad thing. Yes it can ruin a round, but when used wisely will give you a much needed production boost from time-to-time... ” I guess you don't see the "much needed production boost" as the means by which the round IS ruined... When used moderately I have no problem with it - after all if you win games you earn a very modest amount of gold which is meant to be spent. I don't mind people spending modest amounts of money for some extra gold. But my tim…

• The thing that annoys me the most on mobile is when there are lots of units close together you get a circle of icons to choose from. The problem is the order is different each time he circle is displayed. Try displaying them sorted by ID or something consistent. Why? Because of SBDE I often end up with stacks the same size. So if I have 5 stacks of tactical bombers each having 5 bombers they all look identical in this circle. If I pick the first one (starting from the 12 o'clock position) it is …

• Right now, other than lowering your real life bank account, there is no down side to using gold. What if there was a cost? Here are some suggestions: If you rush a unit it is weaker - reflecting lower training - so starts at say 75% health. Rushing a unit also lowers the morale in the province it was produced. Costs more resources. Similar ideas for rushing buildings - they start at lower health and maybe don't function fully for a while. Just some thoughts... PS This is good for business too as…

• There has to be balance. I have quit playing several games because I'd encounter people willing to spend obscene amounts of money to win. In one case I encountered a stock broker from China who was spending $1,000 US a month! I simply could not compete with that so quit. I am willing to spend money on a game, mostly for the privilege of playing and some minor perks not to ensure I win. I want to win with better tactics and strategy than the next guy. Hard to do when that next guy has over a doze…