Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

Quote from BMfox: “Quote from vietcong2005: “Alexander was more bold than strategical. Often times in history a bold and determined general can defeat a larger army. His army was experienced and well trained, and he had competent commanders under him. While, Persia's army was mostly made of conscripts. Additionally, the commanders of the Persian army were chosen by wealth and power rather than ability. Alexander did not know how to consolidate his power or when to stop his conquests. If he had f…

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

Aleksander had Parmenion, Peridccas, Meleager, Antipater, Ptolemy, Seleucos, Lysimachus, Craterus and many other good generals who were able to follow orders and stay loyal

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

couple of ideas how to judge generals general who is able to operate behind enemy lines, in the foreign land like Aleksander , Hannibal, Cortes or Druzus is higher ranked than those who simply push or defend general who is able to increase his numbers and weapons without help of logistics from home country like Aleksander, Hannibal, Cortes is higher ranked with those who are simply pushed with reinforcements general who is able to win against bigger force using any means necessary is higher rank…

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

I must say I very liked siege of Tenochtitlan (Aztecs vs Cortes 1521)as both sides were very creative in developing new strategies but yes- Cortes is your man when you go into enemy territory without any support, intel or logistics

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

haha, i do not think GrandEmpire understands how long it takes to train archer and why they were replaced by musketman he also doesn't seem to understand how long it takes to train archer to shoot accurately from horse while performing maneuvers or circle movement directing horse only with legs. but yeah- Surena knew that he must stop Romans before they reach first city on the way as he had not troops to defend city or take it back. so we may say it was rather problem of Crassus begin greedy and…

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

Quote from BrutusTrump: “I mean, disease destroyed most of the armies in the first place. ” haven't heard that when there were armies of 50 k standing in the field against 400-1500 Spanish i do not think disease killed all Indians in couple of hours. There was disease that cam year later and weakened empire but it took over 100 years for it to depopulate Mexico All initial success up to taking Tenochtitlan had nothing to do with disease. Quote from GrandEmpire: “true you made a guy who used germ…

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

I checked conquistadors Pizarro was simply copying what Cortes did and he wasn't even good in that - simple peasant wanting to get rich and Incan civil war made situation very easy for him together with constant stream of soldiers and arms on the other hand - Cortes. Well that guy had some big brain plays. Mutiny,leaving on the borrowed time, paying of spanish crown to stop Cuban Governor from executing him for treason :-). using shipwrecks, malcontents, internal strife. Intimidating opponents w…

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

it is one thing to conquer something another thing is to keep it - for that you need long term plan it is not about wining everything but wining battles you need to win and not losing battles you cannot lose. Alexander also conquered a lot and everything felt apart preparing space for Indian unification and Celtic raid into Greece and Asia Minor Napoleon too cleaned everything and thx to that UK, Russia and Prussia grew a lot in power, Austria lost I think 4 times in a row to Napoleon so it neve…

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

Quote from GrandEmpire: “Quote from Druzus: “Quote from vietcong2005: “Quote from Druzus: “Quote from whowh: “Quote from Karl von Krass: “Sherman however gave practice to a new notion of Destroying the civilian base that supported the army to defeat the enemy. ” Americans always talk about how "new" and "creative" this was. As if its not a strategy that's been practiced for the past 5000 years ” what Mongols and Huns were doing? they always destroyed as much as needed to break all resistance She…

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

Quote from vietcong2005: “Quote from Druzus: “Quote from whowh: “Quote from Karl von Krass: “Sherman however gave practice to a new notion of Destroying the civilian base that supported the army to defeat the enemy. ” Americans always talk about how "new" and "creative" this was. As if its not a strategy that's been practiced for the past 5000 years ” what Mongols and Huns were doing? they always destroyed as much as needed to break all resistance Sherman followed what nomads have discovered 2 0…

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

Quote from whowh: “Quote from Karl von Krass: “Sherman however gave practice to a new notion of Destroying the civilian base that supported the army to defeat the enemy. ” Americans always talk about how "new" and "creative" this was. As if its not a strategy that's been practiced for the past 5000 years ” what Mongols and Huns were doing? they always destroyed as much as needed to break all resistanceSherman followed what nomads have discovered 2 000 BC

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

Quote from vietcong2005: “Quote from Druzus: “Sun Tzu would be the most wholesome general but if we need someone more familiar then Nero Claudius Drusus Germanicus (Germania) or Lucius Licinius Lucullus (Eastern Kingdoms) would do. ” Sun Tzu was more of a military theorist than a general. ” I believe it would be good to read more about him and Wu kingdom. He was serving in military in Wu kingdom and took art in wars that small kingdom was fighting. Ideas he is describing fit perfect to context o…

• Greatest General

Druzus - - Off Topic

Sun Tzu would be the most wholesome general but if we need someone more familiar then Nero Claudius Drusus Germanicus (Germania Campaign) or Lucius Licinius Lucullus (Eastern Kingdoms campaign) would do.

• well guys- you havent played any alliance game as i see and you are trying to make arguments out of thin air play alliance game , because only about alliance games i am talking about right now, and then we can use your experience to support your arguments 1. barracks gives 50% to manpower. a little you say? doesnt look like this for me and opponents 2. tanks - right. use your 3 lvl barracks and produce 50% tanks more than opponent. they will also produce much faster if needed, and they will have…

• have you created single game mate? Micropayments are not for changing game outcome but to help newbies and sunday players in keeping up with average and good players. If micropayments allows you to win games against most active and best players- then game have some serious problems if i were product owner i would rethink monetization and run new test to check if new ideas are balanced. game without balance in monetization will fail sooner than later when it goes to propositions it is not matter …

• General A 11 wrote: Do you realize how much goldmark that strategy would cost? Also, that is for one war with a 50 VP country, and to win a game, you need to defeat at least 4-50 VP countries, and that's if someone else doesn't take you from behind. If someone were to waste so much money on one game, then congrats to the staff, you just got like $50 from one person in one game. [/quote] If Bytro would pay me for that i would be happy, but they are not and i invest my real time + time of my 3 fri…

• During alliance game it is enough only 1 opponent would do sth like that and it is over for second team : 5-3 in countries after 2 days and 4.5 - 3 in armies lets called it Gold Rush - if you have any idea how to stop Gold Rush from happening i would glaldy listen to your strategy with current GMs offer giving you 75%-200% more gold if you buy it now - you are able to use Gold Rush in every single alliance game. when it comes to Kaliagos words- please play first an alliance game against gold rus…

• In Supremacy you cannot spawn 2x1 bigger army in couple of minutes- here it is possible What we do? Tips for Emerald Users 1. Build Barracks lvl3 with GMs everywhere where you can increase manpower. Feed them with GM-food in you need 2. Research quickly everything at hand with GMs - mostly ground units 3. Run to you opponents with force march and increase morale with GMs 4. If you want to save your units from forced march build quickly Industrial Complex next to the border 5. Spawn as many units…