Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 132.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You probably do not need to buy any. However, if you have loads of gold and you want to then really I would purchase what ever units you use the most of. No one can really say what the 'best' one is especially in 1.5 (no extra range for arty) as everyone uses their own strategies. So it really is simply about what troops do you use the most? And then purchase the blueprint for that troop

• This question is the point of 1.5. By having it so that both options are viable it enables players to have a greater degree of freedom and choice. I personally build for example a large number of lvl 1 troops, then research lvl 2,3 and upgrade my troops to lvl 3 skipping the lvl 2. I do this because building lvl 1 troops then waiting for lvl 6+ to upgrade while technically economically might be the best method, it means your troops will be super under levelled and thus likely you won't make it t…

• Hello, I think the problem is that plane mechanics favour the defender. The way planes vs planes combat is designed is so the defender has the advantage. BUT, planes in 1.5 favour the attacker. I personally really don't like this new system as now there is no longer a best method for planes vs planes combat? Every other troops is either better in defence or attacking, and the mechanics make it so its clear what happens when something attacks or defends. But for 1.5 planes vs planes combat its al…

• CoW balancing changelog - 2020-07-14

Torpedo28000 - - News

Yes! Give alliance games some love!

• New Features in CoW 1.5

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from Supreme Allied Condista: “I wish to complain about the new feature / bug in CoW 1.5 whereby players in different coalitions are not allowed to agree right of way / share map trades. This is leading to unintended wars breaking out between friendly forces as they both attempt to take common enemy held provinces. It is also not nice being told that we can't agree such deals with friends in other coalitions. ” That is not a new feature. Has been in CoW for a while. I do agree with your re…

• The Regulators are recruiting! We are a top 10 alliance looking for active, skilled players to crush maps together! Whether you love 22s, 100s or want to partake in alliance games, if your active and a skilled player we want you. If you want to learn from the best and you meet our requirements, send in your application! Minimum requirements are: 1.30 KD lvl 40 18 years or older Have a discord account. Message me @Torpedo28000 to apply or check out our alliance page and join our discord. Don't ye…

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from freezy: “Quote from Hans A. Pils: “ ” Actually we already have some additional incentives, as we also show amount of map victories and achievement progress ” Pending how difficult ofc, but perhaps adding a feature that shows how many map joins and victories. Currently it only goes up to 6 for 'amount of map victories' so realistically for an added incentive for experienced players they get this before it really becomes an incentive to get too. I have that for 100 maps ages ago. I beli…

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Quote from freezy: “Reasoning for the new damage distribution: It gives more meaning to healing troops and creates more meaningful decisions ” It clearly does. Although it's good in general to have difficult and meaningful decisions: This is a decision I'd rather not have to take. Because in most cases it means deciding either for K/D or for victory. It's highly dissatisfying to have to sacrifice one or the other. And it creates weird, unnatural situations: Because of t…

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “But still, I agree with @NoobNoobTrain that very big stacks are worthwile in too many situations in CoW (both 1.0 and 1.5), for these reasons: Placing several smaller stacks along the border would be way more realistic for WW2 times - such giant armies in one place weren't seen after 19th century any more. As @NoobNoobTrain already described, the big stacks dumb down the game. If you instead had a number of medium stacks along the front, you'd have to think much more wh…

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Sorry guys to be the party pooper, but if we had hospitals, the winning tactic would be: Compose a very big stack (so you'll never have units dying), crush a few enemies with it, then withdraw it from the front to the next hospital and after waiting for a few days, send it back to the front again. So this would not only incentivize big stacks even more than CoW already does. It would also bring along a lot of work moving units to the front and back, again and again, whi…

Torpedo28000 - - News

Regarding someone hospital comment. I was actually thinking of this, about 2 days ago and was planning on writing an idea for it here. I saw it a lot in 1.0. But in that mode generally most troops had high condition as 1 troop would die, then push the condition back up. So a dedicated location to heal troops was less useful.But with the new combat mechanics of troops living at 20% with large numbers still. In 1.5 I am seeing 30 stack at 5% condition. Just last night I was bombing a 19 stack at 1…

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from freezy: “By the way, I am curious: Did anyone of you already play a game with the new balancing, that was released mid of July? Only rounds after that date have the new balancing. I would like to hear some impressions on the changes, especially regarding the new stealth/scout units, morale based production time and the expansion factor. Also do you think there currently is still a unit in the game with is far too powerful for its price and unlock date, or far too weak? If so please al…

Torpedo28000 - - News

I’m not entirely sure people are correct here for their MP statements. Industry and local industry Provide the same rss bonuses and MP bonuses in comparison with each other. 120% and 240% so my math above will still hold true. Although rural comparatively might give more MP than their urban counter part as I will state below is not as useful. Additionally, rural only provides a MP boost when it is in a province with no other rss and that MP boost still results in less MP produced than in a urban…

Torpedo28000 - - News

Not this new iteration specifically, but 1.5 in general. I will in the upcoming days (or at least thats the plan) write my review on many different aspects of 1.5 as now I have played quite a few maps so my experience is more real and so now my reviews and comments have substance and examples to build off, not just speculations. As a quick comment, so far my 1.5 thoughts are very positive and for the most part I am really enjoying it! Industry and Local Industry: Ill solely be considering non-co…

• Just wanted to say that OMG the new army stat info thingy is amazing. I am a player who normally has to manually calculate this stuff so having it so easy to look at is great. The way it is set out is really easy to use and I really really love how it calculates the damage potential the stack will do not simply if I have 3 lvl 1 AC I will do 9 UA damage even if im at 50% condition. The only thing I would want to add is an HP total. Each unit you can select to see how much HP it has. But just a t…

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from NoobNoobTrain: “OTOH there is already the spies allocated to provinces. Should they not just be used for spying bunkers? ” Spies only work once a day whereas troops can spy 24/7. That would slow the game down enormously if you had to wait till day change and then also hope for a reveal. Additionally now some troops like commanders are stealth, that would also mean you could only see this unit at a day change which Imo would make commanders insanely strong as well as make the game like…

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from Nn gg: “for allies, now they are op, like what river wolf said. Increased production speed means mega mass production... ” Only if you can afford the rss. Even 100% faster production time is only as good as the rss to build the troops. Allies gain no advantage for rss production meaning they will only get the troop produced faster once it has been started. The overall number of troops produced between lets say Pan asia and Allies (Pan asia has no troop cost factor so it is a good base…

Torpedo28000 - - News

Overall I like these changes except one aspect. Added morale based production & construction times: - With lowering province morale also build times of units and buildings increase. Value examples: - Starts at +0% when below 80% morale - Maximizes at +900% when at 0% morale - Is at +162% when at 25% morale Production based on morale I think could be interesting and from my limited use of it in S1 I did like it. But I personally prefer the Supremacy 1 model which means at higher moral you gain a …

• I think an expansion moral penalty is fine and could provide a good solution to both moral in core / close to core land too easy as well as far off land too hard to maintain. I will add it again but I think a good method to improve the system is with a reworked neighbour penalty as I think it is a little out of date. At 100% we gain a +2 bonus but at 25% it is a -5 which to me at least feels like an unbalanced scale. At 80% moral it is neutral meaning 75% moral will give a - penalty. In 1.0 we h…

• Quote from freezy: “Well the manpower resource in of itself is a limitation or cap because all units use manpower to be built. No matter how low we set the MP costs, as long as all units require more than 0 MP to be built, it would technically be a limit since you could not produce an endless amount of troops. Of course you would not really feel a limit if we set the costs really low, but this is also not desirable. Right now the game is balanced with a bit of a limit in mind. I mean even your r…