Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 773.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Idea

gusv - - Suggestions / Criticism

Even back during WW2 a lot of countries harvested the sea for food- similar to Civilization game ...

• As Denmark, you are also likely to be invaded by Germany. Or Invaded by somebody that wants to get to Germany ...

• 25p map- cold war mode

Another option would be to develop a map for the world at the time of the October Missile Crisis in 1962 ...

• Quote from Dboy2806: “when attacking a target with your unit having multiple ranges how do you ensure all units are are taking part ” Ensure that the one with the lowest range can hit the target. For example, you may have a sea convoy consisting of a Battleship and destroyer. And you'll have to be within the destroyer's target range to engage the enemy ...

• most inactive country

gusv - - General Discussions

Quote from NoobNoobTrain: “Tge opposite is true for Germany. It always get eliminated fairly early. ” Do not underestimate Germany in the hands of a good player (e.g. level 100). Not long ago such player had Germany in the 39 historical map. Russia, France and the Soviet Union ganged up on him and Germany kicked all their butts. I figured that having South Africa I would be safe for a while- but I advised three surviving European countries (Italy, Turkey and Greece) to form an alliance against G…

• Quote from KriegMaker: “2. Using naval bombers against land targets. ” Did that in my first game about a year and a half ago ... Also used naval bombers vs. surface ships ... Lost a number of them before I realized that naval bombers specialize in hunting subs ...

• I was told the total number of games been incorrect was limited to desktop computers ... I hope that they take care of this problem soon ... Currently. my total of games won greatly exceeds games played ...

• Call of War vs Conflict of Nations

gusv - - Off Topic

Quote from RiverWolf74: “And in CoN gold matters a lot...and it can affect the game much more than it does in CoW ” I have spent some gold in CoW ... I would not want to join a game (CoN) if I have to spend more than what I already do in CoW ...

gusv - - Off Topic

The one time I tried CoN, about 18 months ago, I had Austria. I was asked to select a flag. The three flags I tried were too large and I was not allowed to go further in the game- so I just abandoned the game. I wish they had a flag pre-selected as in CoW as to avoid this problem ...

• The largest map I have played so far in the 73-nation Alls In historical map. So far, it looks like if you keep the size of your military under 200 it will not affect your popularity much ...

• Best role play map is the 1944 Endgame- wish we had that option in other historical maps (e.g. Alls In, 39 historical, 32 historical) ... The one game where I played in the 44 Endgame I had Germany Centre Group. On the first day, I wrote in the newspaper that Hitler committed suicide and was replaced by Konrad Adenaur, a dissident political leader that was in exile ...

• Limiting Building Damage

gusv - - Questions and Answers

Quote from MontanaBB: “I guess it should go without saying that stand-off weapons systems, such as artillery, bombers and rockets, also inflict damage to buildings before their capture. ” I agree ... I hate to be on a roll thru a large nation, like Russia in a historical map, and have to slow down my ground troops trying to figure out which one causes less damage ... Quote from Dboy2806: “I thought that was the case so i would ways days worth of hours waiting to move militia between provinces, o…

• In my current game in 73=player Alls In, the US and several European nations (e.g. Germany, Soviet Union, UK, Italy, and France) have gone inactive and I'm buying metal really cheap (about $3) in the market ...

• Add a new treaty feature

Quote from Marechal Saoul: “diplomacy is critical to winning. ” About 90% of my wins is by coalition. And those wins would not have occurred without the use of diplomacy ...

• I can't remember using the alliance chat in over a year ... Nearly every experienced player I play with prefers using the coalition diplomatic tab ...

gusv - - Off Topic

Current score is Call of War 20, Conflict of Nations 1 ...

• 500 Player Match

Quote from VorlonFCW: “The 260 player map experiment was nearly 2 years ago at this point. Sadly the size and complexity of the map caused severe lag both in the server and the user’s devices. ” I think that these issues pointed out by Vorlon negate the idea of larger maps in the near term ...

• Team Design Conflicts

Quote from EZ Dolittle: “the machine is putting the Golden Parachutes in your teammates provinces where you cannot attack. ” Cool expression that brings up a good issue ...

• Occupying Moscow

gusv - - Off Topic

I have to admit that I get a kick of attacking the countries ruled by ruthless despots such as Hitler and Stalin. In the case of the USSR in historical maps (e.g. Alls In and 39 historical) such a large country is hard to defend from multiple attackers- particularly on the less populated east side ...

• Combat Experience

Quote from Lukenick: “Criticism This puts new recruits at a disadvantage compared to veteran players. It is unfair if a veteran has an armored car 1.5x stronger than that of a new recruit, if this was possible, even with 1 million armored cars used, the system would be flawed ” Initially I like the idea, but Lukenick's points convinced me that it may not be as good as an idea as it sounds. The cons are disadvantage to newbies, and addition of some moderately complicated software coding and need …