Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I agree. In this game planes are air POWER rather than air SUPPORT which is how WW2 really worked (except maybe for battle at Falais Gap?). Planes in CoW are more like the 1990s Gulf War 'Highway of Death' powerful with planes in the game completely able obliterate entire armies on the ground in just a few hours entirely on their own, often before the other player has even logged back in to respond. With this great power though does come great responsibility! To build a strong airforce means pay…

• While playing the Pacific 50 Map, i notice some of the provinces up in north central Asia near the coast were shown as Mountains when in fact they were Plains. This makes a significant difference to what sort of troops u should send to fight there (much better to send tanks to a plains province). Sorry i cannot list the provinces here because I sent the list of names as a 'bug report ' but the response reply was to post my feeback here (Suggestions / Criticism) but my original email was not atta…

• Gold miners

taylorwohlt - - General Discussions

After 18 months ad 40 odd games of joy from CoW i too am starting to suffer from the annoy of games becoming 'pay to win' instead of the challenge of skill around 'play to win'. Gold divides the community and breaks down trust, any player doing well = 'must be using gold'. This division and dissatifaction comes from having the two very different game philosophies of 'pay to win' and 'play to win' mixed on the same map instead of being given their own separate product. As Bytro remember their 5 y…

• The Sound of Call of War 1.5

taylorwohlt - - News

feedback. yes the day change clock change is much more fair. several suggestions for the icons. 1.The Allied Arty and AT look very similar to the point of mistaking unit type unless you check carefully. 2 The Planes wobble around now and makes me feel a bit motion sick. 3 Planes also used to have a white line coming off their airfield so you could quickly check if an airfield had any planes out on mission but i cannot see that handy feature any more? Overall a nice touch of history added to the …

• Dev Diary #1: Call of War 1.5

taylorwohlt - - News

Just a comment on the monetization issue to fund the game as mentioned in this Developer Diary post. Yes somehow we need to pay the developers and for the hardware but i think the current singular system of gold purchase could be improved for wider customer appeal? Many people probably aware of the basic 4 'P's of Marketing being Product, Price. Place and Promotion when developing something to sell/market. To optimize outcomes, it can helpful to do a 'market segmentation' exercise to define the …

• I been playing about a year now and love the realisitic complexity of needing combined arms etc that makes this one of the best strategy games i ever played. Biggest disappointment is the numbers of players who go inactive very early on. Disappointing for me because playing humans way more fun than playing AI. Disappointing for Bytro where more players playing gives a better chance to monetise the game. Thus, why not seed some secret gold mines onto the maps? Its well known that random rather th…

• Paratroopers are coming!

taylorwohlt - - News

in terms of combat power i hope the major limitation of paras lacking heavy weapons is recognised: yes the inf value should be elite but their AA and AT values should be militia level to reflect their lack of heavy weapons. the times that paras failed in their operation - arnhem and dneiper bend - was when the para unforunately and unexpected came into contact with armored forces. Thinking about the main use of paras in WW2 opens up the issue of a very significant terrane feature currently missi…