Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 33.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CoW Unit Browser Update

suntso - - Questions and Answers

@pod_than I don't understand, There are other .png files on your wiki.

@pod_than Quote "It seems that it is probably defined in svg format." Yes, they are in SVG format. I had to create images that were similar. You can access them @ starlords3k.com/other_games/cow/images/ They are the ones than begin "t_" I had same issue with production type icons. You can find them in same directory, with format "p#.png" Also the armour classes, begin with "d_"

@pod_than Thanks for all that, Unit Browser now has all images : View Latest Version

@pod_than Those image url's are in Japanese and I have no way to decipher them. Do you have the base url for those at cow?

The unit browser now has all units in all 4 doctrines. Images are missing for some unit types. If anyone want the data in JSON format, dev tools > Sources > other_games/cow/CoW_ub.php > look in javascript tag id="JSON in here". A neat feature now, is you can compare the same unit across all doctrines :cowub1.png View the Unit Browser

does anyone know the urls to the unit images Like these : trash.png

I have modified the freezy spreadsheet : Added fields : - doctrine - name - lev : research level - typ : production type - cls : armour class - id : unique identifier for a unit type (same for all doctrines) - hp : consolidated the 3 hit point types Removed the doctrine/name/lev field Changed the names of some fields to conform to my database configuration (sorry for any inconvenience) Files : ods : (open office) format I think it can be imported into excel csv : This format will be easier to us…

Can someone tell me the armour classes for the following : Nuclear Rocket ??? Railroadgun ??? Rocket ??? Flying Bomb??? Rocket Artillery = unarmoured? Rocket Fighter =Air? Thanks!

@Gen. Smit What do you mean by "availability is an issue"? @Erezuma I have not compiled the data for the Air, naval, and secret units. As mentioned above, it is a royal pain to scrape the data.

@Destructo the Great Quote "how did you know I used safari" My error tracking logs the browser type, this is also some old code from when browsers were not so compatible.

@Destructo the Great Quote "link doesn’t seem to work sad.png I just get a black screen" Sorry about that, was some legacy code. I do not test for compatibility with Safari and had a warning about that. Code has been removed. You should be able to access the site now, but not sure if it will work 100% in Safari.

I asked about a database several years ago, got none I use the tool mostly to decide which tech to research. For me what tech to gain is THE key strategic decision in the game. As all other strategies will come from what types of units I build.

I am updating my unit browser tool. Looking for feedback. Please report value errors, use issues or improvement ideas on this thread. Also if anyone knows of a database with the combat values, costs etc. would be of great help. If you wish to help compile the data, pm me. Try the tool here cow-ub.png

• Is the range of the X-factor known? ie; -10% to +10% Does it apply to attacker or defender values or is there a different x-factor generated for both?

• Ah, right, the home defence reduces damage, not increase attack... I'm also assuming that attack values are reduced equal to the unit condition. Also assuming that condition means percent of HP remaining?

• Is the X factor enhanced for AA? All other units seem to be within a reasonable variation. AA's always seem to outfight their specs. Noticed this in every game I've played. They never seem to X-factor to their detriment...

• Am I missing something about anti air units? When I attack a lone AA with a single tank, the AA should defend with 1.0 + .15 for home ground. A Lv2 Lt tank attacks with 3.0, on plains that is 4.5 So the tank has over 4 times the hitting power and twice the HP. So why does the tank walk away at less than 70%? Also, am I correct in thinking that it should take 3 hours to kill the AA, 4.5 attack vs 10 HP

• - Tool now has all infantry class units - Added build time and requirements option

• Unit Browser Tool Updated with some tanks

• What is this "1.5 events"?