Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 51.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Corona Virus Bonus?

Devious Rancor - - Off Topic

Quote from Butterbear: “Humanity is a race not mean to last ” Pessimistic anyone? God would disagree with you, since He created us to be eternal. But I think I remember you arguing for atheism against a certain player (who shall remain nameless) in several debates in the very distant past on this forum. Quote from BMfox: “Nah, it feeds on pasta, that's why Italy is in huge trouble. ” *does a massive facepalm Quote from Butterbear: “Remember guys, the black plague originated in Italy ” Um, no, it…

• cheating

Devious Rancor - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from PrinceofHonor: “Also, if it is a multi-account report please specify that so the ticket has the required information in it. So click on the 'i' then report player, then reason make sure you choose multi. ” I've reported on a few of these in the past, or should I say "him", lol....jk. It seems like the automatic detection works well enough for the obvious multis. But the proxy-based ones tend to follow the principle of "deny deny DENY!". It must take a lot of detective work to prove th…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “But don't argue that they should be "special"; for a new generation of younger players, this is simply "normal" speed and they might argue that slow matches should be "special" with equal justification. ” Don't be so sure that the whole generation of newer players think this. Most new players think the game is too slow until they learn how difficult it is to manage a vast empire. Of course, some players don't stick around long enough to learn that lesson or they never …

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “For comparison, I don't like tank destroyers and I won't build them. But do I argue to remove them from the game? Of course not; if people want to build them, that's absolutely fine with me. ” You're talking apples and oranges. I'm implying the differences of opinion on the speed of entire games....and that would be special if it's not the norm. But you are referring to a single element of your individual matches. That's not a good comparison. And yes, I will offer my …

• Quote from Teburu: “imo the amount of VP needed should scale with the amount of members, but thats just me being used to CoN rather than CoW ” Ah, then you'd probably love the new "CoW 1.5" which copies too many aspects of CoN (a game that was originally spawned off of CoW in the first place). My number one gripe about the new mod (1.5) is that you can't make new factories in non-urban provinces. THAT is why I hate CoN. I mean part of the reason. It also has too many units and the upgrades are t…

• New Skin

Devious Rancor - - Off Topic

These aren't skins, so much as background images. A skin is more of the whole look and feel of the game. And I've been advocating that they should have more skins for the game, a few free ones, and some deluxe ones to pay for, as one of MANY IDEAS that I've proposed to REPLACE the game-imbalancing premium points system of "Gold" and it's defacto secondary premium point, the untradeable "Manpower" resource———replacing premium points with skins and other ideas for their revenue to support this gam…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “No one is asking for 4x speed on ALL games; ” Well, it's a matter of interpretation. The OP gave the title to this thread "Always 4x speed games" which implies my point, that he wants all games to be 4X speed. If he meant only that they be available, and not the only option, I would think that might be reasonable. But it would still dilute the specialness of the 4X matches which I think are one way in which the staff makes this game more interesting for some players (e…

• Though I have a vehement anger towards the entire "fire control" ability of High Command, there is a simple fix to the problem of unintended wars, one that is super simple to implement and also amenable to most players. Just make is that the aggressive setting only applies to "War", "Cease Fire", and "Trade Embargo" relationships. This makes sense, since you might pull the trigger on someone that you can't stand, even if you aren't currently at war with them. But if you are at sea, you shouldn't…

• I prefer the idea of being allowed to retreat, though with the condition that you'd lose some strength on the retreat and that you might lose anyway. Also, hitting would force your unit to flee non-stop to the nearest province that you or an ally controls, and you have no ability to affect the retreating army until it reaches that nearest province's control point. In the case of amphibious units or if you have only coastline available to retreat to (because you can't retreat to an enemy or neutr…

• Perhaps the existing achievements could have higher levels available than three apiece. Bronze, silver, and gold isn't enough. They have an unrealistic set of levels for rankings (from Recruit to General of the Armies), and most of those levels will never be achieved by most players of this game (except for a handful of rich players who spend gobs of money on millions of Gold to buy victories left and right....like 2/3rds. of the top 20 players). Well, if we're going to have unrealistic experien…

• 4X speed on all games????? OH GOSH, NO!!!!! Ugh....unless you can afford to invest in High Command (HC), 4X is extremely difficult to win. You can't be online often enough. The games get out of control if you have even a decent-sized empire built up. And you can go to bed one night with a vast empire and wake up the next morning with your entire core wiped out by a crafty player with maxed out Armored Cars and a few Rockets. No, the 4X (and faster) events are rare for a reason. A regular match d…

• I don't like this. But it is reality in this game that some players have no morals. HOWEVER, there is a simple solution. Make your own private blacklist of players that you can't trust. Also, make a private whitelist of players that you know you can trust. Experience will teach you that unless you know someone by reputation, or are on your private whitelist, trust only as far as you can verify. Now, since the TOS prevents us from posting public blacklists in the forums, chats, or world herald (a…

• nuclear bomb

Devious Rancor - - Suggestions / Criticism

There's a video that plays whenever a nuke goes off, to give the latest news on this. It's a little repetitive, and some variety would be nice. But this is the ONLY video in the entire game. And I'm not even sure if it's used in the mobile version (not that mobile players would ever survive long enough to actually use nukes in a competitive match).

• OK, I think it is time to raise the points needed to win a Solo victory. The 51% of all VP's needed at day-change to trigger a solo victory is just too dang easy. It is also highly unfair to other players, particularly those that have competitively-strong armies that simply haven't reached enough provinces by a day-change to prevent the victory. This would all be fixed if both coalitions AND solo players had the same victory conditions (with coalitions still taken preference when both sets of co…

• In one of my matches, a person asked me to better explain this whole "memory leak" issue and wondered if it was why their game often slowed down on the bigger maps. I showed them how it was so in this correspondence to them. Quote from lastchancecafe: “Could your issue be the reason some games take so long to load and why each command you give your troops takes so long to execute? If that is it, that is the reason I stopped playing the world map games. It takes forever to build units and send th…

• Quote from cycle9: “There are far greater problems than having to occasionally close and re-open a browser window. ” Oh, and I forgot to mention....YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG HERE!!! There has been....and never yet not been true....no bigger problem than this. It slows down my browser for other open tabs, it makes it very difficult to "keep alive" the game window, and it slows down overall performance. Quote from VorlonFCW: “No need to worry about it really. With my 1.5 games I was able to achieve 9 …

• Quote from cycle9: “There are far greater problems than having to occasionally close and re-open a browser window. Markets have been distorted for some months now. Most games have food over 20, and goods sell for 1.didly! Both due to the 'balancing' change which replaced goods with food for research. Unlikely any problems will be repaired, since the impetus now is on the transition to CoW 1.5 (which has the even worse imbalance: manpower required for research.) ” I think the Food shortages may n…

• OK, FINE. There are issues with this game. It's been in development for years and it's based on the game engine of another Bytro game that is far older. Of course, new bugs will creep up from time to time, especially with each new update. But some bugs are old and have a difficult time getting fixed. Then there are some bugs that are really old, and the developers seem to be having much trouble fixing. And then there is one bug....the BIGGEST BUG OF THEM ALL. And I'm talking, of course, about th…

• Quote from freezy: “this topic is really not as important enough to warrant news posts on the front page. If it were then there would be alot of other topics that would warrant news posts as well to inform the players about, before we even get to the playlist topic. ” Actually, I can totally understand that. News events are community-wide events and news that concerns major changes to the game. OK, so that's that. But think about a newspaper (a real one, not the WH). In it, you will have multipl…

• Quote from SShawk1: “I believe in integrity so I am not going to put on the front of never using gold and I question all those that make that claim. If I choose to support a game that I love to play with a 1.99 here or 4.99 there it is the cheapest entertainment around. If you do play for free as many brag, then you are doing the game and the hard work of the players a diservices. ” Likewise, I don't claim "never" to use Gold, only that it is very infrequent. I usually spend most of my Gold winn…