Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 279.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Even a much more brief "preview description" might help players who are in the mood of playing a new game to try a new strategy. Something like "4G 3F 2M 2O" which shows the resources in the core provinces. Then, at least, you will not have to face unpleasant surprises AFTER picking a country. And it would certainly lower the number of the players who just enter a game to inspect a map.

• Trading Fee

atreas1 - - Beta Feedback & Issues

Quote from _Pontus_: “BMFox, the market overhaul is a DISASTER. Try putting in a buy order for 11... Just try... and do let us know your enhanced experience :))) ” Dont shoot the messenger. He is clearly copying... I wonder what will be the new text, now that this "marvellous" tax seems to be withdrawn.

• Then better to avoid confusion by the newer players, who will be misled to think that joining or splitting affects the healed hitpoints. The game presents a quite misleading "health" percentage, but all become easier if you think directly in hitpoints terms.

• It is even easier if you think of it in math terms. Let M be the maximum HP of ANY unit. Let a and b be the hp of two units of that type. If the units are seoarate, they heal at day change: (M-a)*0.15 and (M-b)*0.15 If they are joined, they heal (2M-a-b)*0.15 Which is obviously the same number of hitpoints

• LT has 20 ho. 2LT with 60% health have EXACTLY 24 HP. The missing health is EXACTLY 16 HP. Ergo the calculation. You can try it with any number of units.

• Market overhaul

atreas1 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from General Nightman: “The changes were designed to balance a number of things that could really shift a game in someone favor towards the end of games. For instance, many people can have a 300-400 unit army towards the end of a game. Trade just 10% of that, and boom, you have 40 more units. Do that for 3 days and you've traded over 120 units. It can be quite the unwelcome surprise. Dumping all your resources could even be considered cheating in some cases. ” I guess then that soon it wil…

• Nothing of these holds true. Healing doesnt depend on province morale, and certainly splitting doesnt affect the healed hitpoints. For example, if you have 2 LT at 60% health they have 24HP and will heal at the end of day 15%*16HP. If you split them and have 1 LT at100% health and 1LT at 20% health, the second one will still heal 15%*16HP. The problem with splitting is that it artificially boosts stats, as you will fight with units of higher health and will avoid losses. Also, it is quite tricky…

• Quote from General Nightman: “Hate to say it, but all the new updates are making this guide obsolete! ” Now it is Days 4 and 8, exactly. Unless of course you mean that now strategy is obsolete in the game. Which is unfortunately very true, after the latest changes.

• Market overhaul

atreas1 - - Suggestions / Criticism

I hate this change, and the course of the game in general, but it is better to be fair: unit trading had a serious problem - in each stack the SBDE numbers are counted per level, and not per unit. For example, you could create a wonderfully killing stack of 5/5/5/5 interceptors/tacs where the last two 5/5 are units one level lower, traded by an ally. Then try beating that...

• Market Overhaul

atreas1 - - News

Quote from THEARBITER117: “What's next? Are you going to restrict all lvl-5 buildings to gold only? Maybe make movement a premium feature only. Oh I know! Let's take away the second research slot to make he game more balanced so we can focus on one specific tree. Also lets make them cost more and take longer. Lets also double the morale loss when your providence is far away from your capital. This is all sarcasm, we definitely don't want that, but hey since when does our opinions matter? ” Let's…

• Market Overhaul

atreas1 - - News

The pretext of "preventing hiding resources" is both a pretext and a huge lie. It is distasteful to be used by official announcements. Let's see why: First of all, we are not talking about resources but ONLY about cash and ONLY about the capital. In the other cases the booty is determined based on the daily PRODUCTION, not on the stock. That alone proves it is a lie. Furthermore, since we are talking about cash only, it would be sufficient to put a 10% tax on standing BUY orders and leave the ot…

• Market Overhaul

atreas1 - - News

It is a Forum page, at the bottom.

• Market Overhaul

atreas1 - - News

Look at the page of FP beta. Most people seem to be in favor of the changes in unit trade, but i havent seen anybody in favor of the 10% tax. Of course, all were ignored...

• Market Overhaul

atreas1 - - News

No it is not something we need to wait in order to see. I find it "interesting" to tax the legitimate purchases and sells via the market, while the gold buys remain untaxed. At least let's not underestimate us so much by talking about balancing.

• As expected, Bytro changed NOTHING and listened to NOTHING. It proves something...

• Market Overhaul

atreas1 - - News

I suggest the addition of a "heavily dislike" button. I would find it useful in those "addition of layers of realism". Why do you even pretend that you listen to the justified complains, or that you have a kind of beta testing, I really wonder. This cooldown period begs for abuse and the 10% tax is the final blow to the legitimate market.

• Quote from FinnDaddy: “ Do not think of this a being a downer on gold use, but you don't want it to be used in ways that negatively effect the amount of future revenue this game can produce. Revenues can only be a function of the utility or enjoyment of your user base. A couple of the problem gold areas that made me want to quit before: Building sabotage and Morale repair. Lets make it so you can only crush a building half way with sabotage. I.e. if I have a Lev 3 Industrial Center, you can only…

• It is always nice to have a presentation of ideas. I simply pointed out that the scorched earth idea is a repeated theme. There has already been a lengthy discussion on that subject, and it is pointless to repeat the obvious arguments for and against it - they can be briefly summarized as "realism" vs "less tedious and controversial gameplay". CoW is not a simulation, and doesn't pretend to try being one. Otherwise you wouldn't be able (for example) to produce latest tech units in newly captured…

• The Scorched Earth has been repeatedly proposed and even more repeatedly rejected, for a completely obvious reason: it will make the gameplay drag forever, and it has tons of possibilities for abuse. Since all the recent changes are aimed in the opposite direction, that is one change I will personally be extremely unhappy to see. Attrition is interesting but it has a number of problems (one of which is that you cannot easily define "encirclement", especially in coastal provinces). Of course, it …

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “I have a better proposal: Remove the 10% tax from the market again and make trade of resources allowed amongst all players again... but give it a limit so one nation can only receive 10000 resources more from another nation than it gave to that nation (with rares counting as *2 and money counting as *0.2). Admittedly, multi-accounters could then still swap precious resources against less worthy resources from their dummy account to their main account, but at least no lo…