Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 100.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Korean War

EnmaDai-O - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from comrade dave: “I think the pacific map should be more than two player because it would be too big and get boring quickly, maybe it could be 4v4? Not sure how that would work though. ” As for me, I was responding only to the notion of a Korean war map, which I still think could be a smaller one but as for the Pacific war...I certainly hope it includes at least India all the way to the United States plus of course all the assorted islands. I am picturing the original Axis & Allies board…

• The Korean War

We know that much of this game is a played with a big "what if?" in mind and while the Soviet Union didn't take part in the war in an obvious way, China certainly did. NATO forces, led by the US would initially be stationed in Japan. It could be a six player map with the NK, China and Soviet Russia VS. SK, US and Japanese forces.

• I like the idea. Just because it wasn't known about(and it was probably suspected) doesn't mean the effect isn't there. It will make players consider before dropping the bomb. I suggest that the province hit has a morale cap for the remainder of the game, resource production there is greatly diminished and any troops passing through or stationed there take steady damage perhaps skin to the 'forced march' function but the morale/condition damage takes place over a 24 hour period rather than hourl…

• Kamikaze units.

An addition to the idea. Planes of course have an effective range and period of time in which they can sortie for attacks, patrols, picking up an order of fish n' chips.....with the ability to set a plane into kamikaze mode the effective range is doubled but, like rockets, once selected, there is no recall or ability to adjust the attack order. It sure seems like waste though....thankfully the lives we are dealing with are pixels...(they are, right?) Furthermore, the damage dealt should be a ref…

• Elite AI picking on me

EnmaDai-O - - Questions and Answers

Quote from BjorniXL: “....and after 10 days I had like 10-15 wars to fight and no shared maps at all anymore. ” Like the horrible "realm Divide" mechanic in (Shogun2 ) Total War. Once you get powerful enough everyone, even trusted allies, turn against you. Perhaps its meant to make the end game more difficult for the super powers?

• Elite AI picking on me

What I recall from S1914 was that if you attack a nation(AI or player) without declaring war that you are added to the 'dreaded nation' category.....I presume that if one AI declares war on you then it increases the chance for others to pile on but I don't truly know....this is just what I seem to have been observing from the rounds I played with elite AI.

• Quote from V1nd1cat0r: “An old feature I reckon. ” Haha! Like me!

• Balancing Sept. 23th: the values

EnmaDai-O - - News

Quote from BNE: “1...inserting critical rule changes like unit values and research costs into running game-rounds. 2...the commando...An other approach would be to count an airstrike against commando unit with the vehicle attack value of that air-unit. Thus the commando would not inflict more damage on that air unit but manage to survive longer with reflects a more realistic behavior. ” 1: Perhaps the changes need to be done across every round to avoid having bugs introduced? 2: It is an interes…

• Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “They don't. ” They did.

• Take'n Provinces

No. The layout is always the same(not counting different maps of course.).

• Instead of a re-education center only perhaps stationing troops in a non-core province could increase its production in proportion to the strength of the garrison day by day until it is on par with a core province. Forced labor. If you really need that oil it means you have to spare troops to make sure your new "citizens" not only get it out of the ground for you but also don't accidentally let it fall of the back of a truck into the hands of insurgents, lose it to "enemy" sabotage or simply raf…

• Convoy Costs

Perhaps we must assume the convoy 'costs' are the same as the land costs as the ships to carry the tanks etc do in fact need oil to run and the troops still must be feed.

• Take'n Provinces

I think I get what you are seeing, but I am unsure of what you mean by core. Core provinces, by strict definition are ONLY those that a nation starts a round with. There is no way, at this point in the history of CoW, to change non-core to core. However, you are perhaps referring to newly taken lands reaching a high morale? Three ways for this to happen. Time; at day change provinces gain morale unless under attack or they have enemy troops sitting within their borders, or there is a lack of res…

• Take'n Provinces

People make allies and although I have run across multi-account users, I assume it's just an ally. Better to give the benefit of a doubt. Before giving up, reach out to other players in your round to see if they will join you.

• Gold

Quote from Sir McSquiggles: “Quote from EnmaDai-O: “Bytro in our case, need some way to create an income." ;p ” They are, by those who pay for gold. ” Blast it Sir Mc S ! ! Are you trying to get my goat ! ? ; p

• Gold

Quote from Jack Kennedy.: “...but you have to understand that the company has to make money... ” ^^I do understand that....as I said, "the developers, Bytro in our case, need some way to create an income." ;p

• Gold

"Gold" or whatever it gets called will always be an issue in 'free-to-play' games. With no initial charge to buy and no subscription fee the developers, Bytro in our case, need some way to create an income. I have no doubt you are aware of this Freakbrain and you have provided a suggestion which you suppose will prevent people from leaving rounds where they are getting killed by gold use. The thing is, those of us that do not use gold are not likely going to be enticed to fight a futile war if t…

• Take'n Provinces

He could be doing a bit of a 'hellride' where the idea is not to actually hold any land but to ruin his opponents economy and force him to scatter his troops to defend multiple provinces. So, yes, this could be his plan and it is viable. Letting the lands rebel can make sense for a number of reasons. Again, loss of economic ability as well as the province may go to a neutral party. As for how one can focus in one direction? You only have to look at your own positions to ascertain the how. Coasta…

• Of course you have infrastructure built on your grain provinces? Factories too. Core first since they have the greatest return. Shut off your barracks if you haven't already.....building harbors on your grains gives a slight increase but consumes oil. The nature of the game as you well must know is expansion and after a certain point an army needs more room. You need to consider, when you build, if you can actually afford to maintain your forces.

• Why the BB AA nerf?

As for the rail roads guns, I think that, as with other techs, they are a "what if?" We already must accept that certain nations had not the likelihood of becoming dominant powers nor the capability to develop much of the technology available. So going from that we can assume that railroad guns are taking the idea that a nation puts effort into designing a better version and not one made of surplus scraps. If anything, I would like to see potential development in their tech branch. As for battle…