Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 39.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I presented this logical concept of "one way air travel') as a question when first learning the game (attempting to understand the ovals) as it only makes sense that if a plane is stationed @ point A and is capable of flying to point B and then back to point A that the same amount of fuel should allow the plane to fly in a single direction from point A to point C. This logical thought process was reached well before I was ever able to actually utilize a plane for offensive purposes - lol. It sim…

• Well I think I am interpreting this correctly. Currently I have a battleship flotilla of 2 D's, 2 Subs, 2 cruisers, 2 battleships and 2 ACC The subs and destroyers are at roughly 35 - 40 percent strength with the remain at +90. Total strength about 75 (I'm working from memory on this bit). Total strength of convoy was about 200. Based on those numbers alone - I would be expected to lose. But why is this the case when I'm fighting with a convoy of: 3 AC's level 1 7 LT's level 1 1 arty level 1 5 i…

• Well these are Version 1.5 games and infrastructure provides nothing but a slight morale boost. No resource production increase whatsoever. I will go edit the post to make sure that is more clearly stated. Thank you for pointing that out. Hmmm - second sentence states it quite clearly. No need to edit. I did clarify the 5th sentence a little bit. So maybe it is only a Version 1.5 situation. AI should be reprogrammed instead to buy the next level of IC in urban areas or in the provinces where res…

• I realize (recently read in the forum - I believe) that the Elite AI is being looked at for "tweaks". In two Version 1.5 games I have watched the AI immediately spend all the money and resources on building infrastructure as soon as the player leaves the game. Once I personally experienced it (I missed checking in on time) and the other I read in the newspaper the next day after a person left the game. You can tell of course by reading that 5 or 8 provinces all received infrastructure upgrades a…

• Dev Diary #1: Call of War 1.5

white bird - - News

Really hard to differentiate between a tank destroyer and a tank imho Especially in certain views / angles / positions of each.

• Release Notes - 2019-11-27

white bird - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “ ” Quote from freezy: “The white outlines in the army bar image is intentional, it's like a small glow. ” It's the white outline that blends too much into the background and which makes what should be the distinguishable features of each well detailed figure much less than distinguishable. A crisp black line for the details and then the white outline would be much better imho

• Release Notes - 2019-11-27

white bird - - News

Quote from vonlettowvorbeck: “Quote from CzarHelllios: “Really, I can't stand the Enhanced Graphics and always immediately switch back to the cool game, which plays smoother and provides clearer and cleaner looks. That is all a question of taste and it is great that one can adjust the game to one's liking, but that all comes AFTER having learned to like the game. ” ” Completely agree. The names of the provinces are so large it is unusable.

• Quote from ahuman: “A confirmation button would be useful to prevent people from accidentally spending their gold. ” Agree. Especially on mobile phone. Location for gold and the x button to return to primary screen view on so close together that I can count (remember) at least three times (possibly 5) where my finger missed the x with the circle button and hit the gold button. So there seems to be two ways to resolve the issue: 1. Relocate the gold button 2. Add the confirmation screen which wou…

• The Sound of Call of War 1.5

white bird - - News

The redesign of the units is fine. But the units imho are not as crisp and easily discernible as the old versions. It's the shading and lack of crisp sharp lines that makes figuring out what unit I am looking at (these are the small screens I'm referring to after already clicking on the unit). It is taking three clicks to be able to get to the description which tells me what type of unit it is. In particular it is the very light shading on the top left hand side of each unit (probably attempting…

white bird - - News

Just noticed that the capital of Iceland has been neutered in Version 1.5 and is no longer an urban city. Which results in taking away a strategy for moving from North America to Europe (Scandinavian countries in particular along with the UK). Should be able to produce units in the capital as before which Iceland did. Bigger picture strategy should be to upgrade capital of Iceland and produce units (such as rockets) which can hit Norway and England or even a nuke. Or ship rockets to Iceland via …

white bird - - News

Quote from vonlettowvorbeck: “For a fact, seasoned strategy gamers immediately have a huge advantage over new players; let alone strategy buffs that play or have played the great strategy board games of yonder. When nobody teaches the new players the fundamental steps or the crucial strategic aspects or tactical priorities, it is no wonder that so many go inactive. There simply ois no hope for them to ever feel like they can achieve something (= reason to play). Newbies start without a clue and …

• Regarding retiring a game. Is there a specific day after which this option is available? I'm in a V1.5 game with only three players (Day 17) and haven't seen the option to retire posted in the newspaper yet. tia

• Quote from Akiar: “Quote from white bird: “SNIP But if anyone knows one way or the other how this part of the game mechanics has been set up, I would appreciate hearing back from you. Thx. ” Hey white bird, What you describe is currently the intended game behaviour. Say you have researched infrantry level 5. If you have a province with level 5 barracks you will only be able to produce level 5 infrantry there. If you want to produce infrantry of a lower level you will have to do this in a provinc…

• I think someone mentioned this situation already but I couldn't locate the post to quote...... So I have a need to rush some units into production although the Ordnance Factory is one level lower than the highest level foundry I have constructed in another province. Same for a couple of tank plants. However, when I go to produce a lower level tank, AT, AA or arty, the mechanics are not letting me do so. Only the highest level unit researched is available to be produced thereby not allowing any p…

• Quote from OneNutSquirrel: “Aesthetic Suggestion It would not be too difficult to add to the Tech Tree images of Units being researched, a symbol representing the Level of facilities needed to build that unit. Say in the Infantry Tech Tree, every image of the units Under their Level has an " * * for each level of building required to produce that particular unit. This would allow for much easier lining up of Research and Building requirements. I'm finding that they are not always ligning up with…

• Deleted Analysis was flawed.

• Quote from C88: “there is no nerf ground but just buff for any troop.. so pls before posting things at least read the info they have us or at least play the cow 1.5 ” Yes, You are correct. I just discovered that and edited my original post already. I'm playing three CoW V1.5 games attempting to utilize different economic / military strategies. Thank you.

• Quote from Last Warrior: “Quote from white bird: “Defensive strength of some units against air force seems a bit unrealistic / disproportionately out of balance? ” And? Airforces were too overpowered, now they are nerfed, but still usable. SP AA and Mech. Inf. are day 6 researches, airforces after day 6 research can have 120 HP's. also its not so terrible as you think. ” Excellent points ! I did forget to take into account what the planes could be valued at if each level of air force research ha…

• From the Research Tree LT Level 1 Attacking Infantry @ 6.0 Defending Against Infantry 2.0 Infantry Level 1 Attacking Light Armor @ 3.0 Defending Against Light Armor @ 6.0 Analysis 1. When LT attacks Infantry it is a wash 6.0 versus 6.0 2. When Infantry attacks LT the Infantry will win 3.0 versus 2.0 On another note: Additionally, Infantry receive a 50% increase in strength in an urban setting while light armor receives a 50% decrease. That is a 100% swing in and of itself. Plus another 15% home …

• Defensive strength of some units against air force seems a bit unrealistic / disproportionately out of balance? All units listed are level 1 Militia @ 2.0 Infantry @ 3.0 Motorized Infantry @ 3.0 Commandos @ 1.0 Paratroopers @ 1.0 Arty @ 0.5 AT @ 4.0 AA @ 14.0 AC @ 6.0 LT @ 0.5 MT @ 1.5 Tank Destroyer @ 1.0 SP Arty @ 1.0 SP AA @ 42.0 Mechanized Infantry @ 9.0