Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 31.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thanks for your reply, even if the outlook for the near future is not as desired. Btw what is the rationale that naval bombers recognize hidden subs but don´t damage subs when set on patrol? That is one needs to do direct attacks to sunk subs.

• In reality planes are good scout units because of their view range and also because of how fast they can change their position. In CoW they are inferior scout units at least when you set a patrol missions. Typically players use submarines, destroyers or naval bombers to control the sea. A submerged submarine provides more insight than a sea plane, that´s weird. With the rationale to reduce sight because units are fast, one will end up with miltia, heavy tanks and rail guns to have the largest vi…

• 'Intention' is a matter of view. Lets cite wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_aviation These aircraft are designed for many purposes, including air-to-air combat, surface attack, submarine attack, search and rescue, matériel transport, weather observation, reconnaissance and wide area command and control duties. In world war 2 evem some battle ships like the Bismark or the Yamato had limited air craft facilties and exactely for the purpose of reconnaissance. To sum it up, planes have de fact…

• Archiving the map has only an effect how access is handeled for you. As long you are regarded to be active by the map itself any gain and any losses contribute to your statistics. You can even assign a map to be archived and play it as ususal including gaining blue prints and earning gold marks. So peeking into a recently abandoned map will most likely harm your kill/loss numbers. You should better wait some time or simply let it be

• Naval Bombers are carrier based and the "Blohm & Voss Bv 238" is the finest of the German Branch. However I can hardly imagine the "Blohm & Voss Bv 238" lifting of from a carrier. Has someone a picture that helps me to defeat these silly doubts? Thanks in advance

• Naval Bombers are carrier based and the "Blohm & Voss Bv 238" is the finest of the German Branch. However I can hardly imagine the "Blohm & Voss Bv 238" lifting of from a carrier. Has someone a picture that helps me to defeat these silly doubts? Thanks in advance

• The view range of a medium tank is 70, the view range of a naval bomber is 50 (at least in the German Branch). It is like those sitting in a tunnel have a better view as those standing on the top of a tower. Would it be possible to increase the sighting range of any plane type to exceed those of ground forces?

• The view range of a medium tank is 70, the view range of a naval bomber is 50 (at least in the German Branch). It is like those sitting in a tunnel have a better view as those standing on the top of a tower. Would it be possible to increase the sighting range of any plane type to exceed those of ground forces?

• Servers Down

helmuth.moltke - - Bug Reports and Issues

Would it be possible to freeze the maps and continue after an announced point in time? To my impression this might avoid all this troublesome problems with troops running wild. Would be great and fair

• Market Overhaul

helmuth.moltke - - News

Noone with the ability to Change things to the better seems willing to listen. And with the CoW robbed of Features it is boring to me. I will take a bigger break and not join any game this year. I will peek in 2020 and I really hope that Bytro will have undone all of this illprone improovments: See you much later, bye

• Elite AI for All

helmuth.moltke - - News

Quote from freezy: “To give everyone a more complete idea what influences relations to elite AI: ” Hello Freezy, would it possible to introduce an (i) button on declaring war that opens an info screen with the effects on popularity? At present it is like arcane magic and if popularity drops on smaller maps you might loose just for that effect. With such info everyone get more aware of the consequences.

• Market Overhaul

helmuth.moltke - - News

Quote from OneNutSquirrel: “So if you have something to offer and put SELL OFFER on market for lower price than someone is willing to pay for it in a BUY OFFER... system will fill that BUY OFFER first, then if there is any product in excess.. it goes on SELL OFFER at price you put in.. ” Thanks for your clarification. I have had read your previous post but not realized it consequences.

• Market Overhaul

helmuth.moltke - - News

Just another observation of ill prone market logic and the dead market. 1. * On the market there was no offer on supplies and no offer on oil. 2. I had surplus on oil, need on supplies 3. Another player had surplus on supplies, need on oil 4. As we were not allied we agreed to put our surplus on sale at certain point in time 5. Well none of us ever so the offer of the other, upon placing the order AI consumed the offers immediately As consequence players outside an alliance are without hope to s…

• Market Overhaul

helmuth.moltke - - News

Quote from Citizenkane: “Unless i'm missing something, and thats possible, the only benefit to trading the army to an ally is so they can control that army instead of you. I'm all for keeping players active and I guess it's selfish of me to think that I would rather control these troops than the payer getting the ass handed to them. ” There are more use cases indeed. Another practical sample from the 100er map. I handed over some garrisons to my ally under attack. So I was not forced to join the…

• Market Overhaul

helmuth.moltke - - News

Quote from BMfox: “You could trade 10% of your army, on a 100 player map in mid or end game 100 or 200 troops are common. Imagine you fight an enemy and all of a sudden he has from each friend/account 10% troops and that daily if they please. That is what Bytro tried to counter. ” 10 to 20 troops sounds much on the first glance. But if one relates map size to this number it is 2 to 3 troops on the 22er map. Not that impressive, isn´t it? How many players complained about such unfair trade practi…

• Market Overhaul

helmuth.moltke - - News

From my perspective Call of War is no historic simulation but a strategy game. As such all discussion about what happened in his story is somehow pointless. What matters to me is the game experience and the variety of options one have to achieve victory. I guess I am not the only one. To limit options equates to limit the game experience. And that has exactly happened with the recent update. Again I propose to make the market rules and the limitation to trade troops an option on map creation. Th…

• Market Overhaul

helmuth.moltke - - News

Quote from white bird: “Because the top five "bad bad boys" are the top five point earners. ” I am observed this on larger mature maps. In the early phase however and smaller map the top 5 which are bashed by ai are crowed with active newbies. I have watched them starve and finally swalloed by experienced ones. Must have been quite frustrating to them.

• Market Overhaul

helmuth.moltke - - News

Quote from _Pontus_: “AI can only trade via the market, like anyone else nowadays... When you, me or AI or anyone puts a sale-order up on the market, there is no way of knowing who is the buyer! Thus - by the mere logic which was also applied to judging the market changes as BAD - this leads to the conclusion that AI can only not trade with someone if they declared a Trade Embargo on that person. ” hello _pontus_ as soon as the AI regards you as evil many of them declare embargo and some of them…

• Elite AI for All

helmuth.moltke - - News

Quote from Arcorian: “The Elite AI will become default in Call of War and replace the current ‘normal AI’ in all game rounds that are started after the release on September 3rd, 2019. ” Guess you might have missed the announcement. It stated this measure will get applied to all games starting 3rd September or later.

• Market Overhaul

helmuth.moltke - - News

Quote from BMfox: “Well obviously you play soft style and I play hard style so we will never agree. If someone offers me peace for resources I well accept, declare war again and continue attacking. Why? Well because I can ” Obviously you are using soft words by calling it hard style, playing a soft style I can imagine more hardcore words for yours