Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 58.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rename allies fighter

Telmah69 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Skygry: “it was not the go-to fighter for the american armed forces ” Thought this was a list of the Allied technology not just American On that point i think it mad that the Spitfire doesn't get a look in on the fighter front = it had a higher ceiling. climb rate, was faster, more agile. had twice the carry load 1000 vs 500, and recognised as having harder hitting guns using 20mm rounds compared to the 12.7mm on the mustang. the only real benefit of the Mustang is it better range. bu…

• Quote from Telmah69: “am not saying it was possible indeed i specifically stated in the Falkland's war which obviously was not a conflict of ww2 - but purely giving an example that airforces have in the past used planes to the maximum range of travel prior to refueling albeit in the air or on land Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Refuelling in the air was not possible in the 1940's and shouldn't be discussed here. ” ” though i didn't know - actually in flight refueling dates back to 1921 so was possib…

• am not saying it was possible indeed i specifically stated in the Falkland's war which obviously was not a conflict of ww2 - but purely giving an example that airforces have in the past used planes to the maximum range of travel prior to refueling albeit in the air or on land Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Refuelling in the air was not possible in the 1940's and shouldn't be discussed here. ”

• Have had similar playing the historic map - started with South Argentina - and yes seems you start with less everything res/money/buildings/troops and research its nature of the beast and i guess historically accurate BUT i think the rewards should reflect this at end of game - a smaller country winning gets a higher gold payout as he has done FAR more to win i did end up winning the game in a coalition as i managed to take out south and north America

• Youre arguments, tho may be accurate in real life {?} are not supported in this game Any aircraft can use any airbase albeit an airbase built on an island or a core province. It also makes no difference on the level of the airfield. I for one like the idea of the plane 'using its reserve tank' to fly one way to an airfield and that one way travel could be up to twice its present range - but travel only - once outside its normal {present range} of operation it can no longer be redirected or patro…

• had mot inf and ac and 2x paras which are pretty tough as well - still got beat by few military police and a box full of plane parts

• 2x brand new paras - 1x mot inf on 75 -ish% and 1x ac on 80-ish% - no screen shot as presumed would be easy win over plane convoy - game now won = but still irks that land units have no direct assualt factor over planes in convoy AND got beaten

• is that 0.5 in attack or defense as they showed they did both - attack and defend none of my units have attack rating against planes so does that mean they cant attack a plane convoy? - if they can at what ratio? - i presume now that they cant attack a plane in convoy mode but only defend against them and use a ridiculously low figure to do that?

• mmm i guess i forgot the question = lol what actualy do ground troops attack a convoy of planes at, as none apart from AA give an attack stat for planes whilst in convoy or otherwise and as the planes showed they were defending AND attacking my paras what STAT do planes use for attacking whilst in convoy mode AND i presume the defence stat should be lower if they are all cargoed up for transport rather than flying around? it still makes no sense that an unsupported convoy {of planes - all boxed …

• Have posted this to Mod who say they dont like paras - no expert - dont use them - so not helpful - BUT i have HUGE issue when planes travelling as convoy are stronger than boots on the ground Had an enemy convoy of planes - yes in convoy that moved into two of my paratroopers who are mobilising - the stats showed that my paratroopers hit inf at 10 Light armour at 5 Heavy Armour at 3.5 and planes 0 {they were mobilising = NOT in plane mode so normal ground troop just cant move} tho they do defen…

• I agree but not just event maps - i started the 1939 historic world at war as Argentina - i see my self as a semi good player - played 50 odd games and a global ranking of 2709. i managed to secure map share with spain. germany. Britain and note that not only are their starting research stats and economy way better than mine but the starting troops are 10x mine - yes its a historical map so probably accurate - But for me to win i need to do way more than them not only to get economy and research…

• Combat Experience

Quote from Edepedable: “now you have 2 units and you have no way of knowing which one counts as the ''veteran'' and which one does not. ” not true - if yo select a unit you can see how many kills that unit has so a vet bonus would be inline with this

• Combat Experience

i really like the idea and have previously suggested the same but was shot down big time as being told too hard to implement - i still dont see why - if you click on a unit it even tells you how many enemies its destroyed - surely if the present system collates this data its should be easier for the same system to allow for a modifier to cater for its 'experience' every 10 kills it gets a slight modifier? anyway yep love the idea but you'll simply be told no can do by the other players and doubt…

• i would like a feature that allows you to auto buy resources - if available in marketplace, when building troops or buildings - the amount of times i have gone to build only to realize am short on a resource - it already offers option to use gold to make up shortfall but would be super convenient if an icon was there to hit that would buy the shortfall from marketplace this isnt so obvious when building one item troop or building but when selecting several provinces and multi buying its annoying…

• Quote from Telmah69: “I would also suggest they they are not visible from air but seen only if moved over by land units ” Quote from f118: “since 3 til 5 units in cow 1.5 can reveal invinsible units, ” He is suggesting a new unit - and you are correctly looking at scouts as they are at present - BUT if he is meaning spy/scouts as i think - read my thread - then present scouting would see them - new unit new rules apply surely?

• You can already spy thru the espionage tab and as others have said scouting would be better done by AC. HOWEVER if you mean you could build a STEALTH unit -spy/scout that could be dropped by plane or move around the map that can cause damage to infr ic- barracks etc - then i kinda like the idea like a resistance or spies that WERE used in the war causing damage and problems - behind enemy lines - because they on the whole were small groups they should have VERY limited defence if uncovered I wou…

• Quote from Nooberium: “Since those who can't adjust are more likely to fall under my sword ” I would agree that certain parts of the suggestion bear merit and could be given due consideration and agree that as in life certain predicaments are thrown at you and you need to adjust your position , those that are not flexible will break - or in this instance get trampled by better players. however i still like the two slot research at the outset, as people like me who can use all resources provided …

• i dont like the idea of closing research slot 2 till later in the game - i always research like hell early doors as it gives distinct advantage at beginning of the game - if you are a decent player you will know its not a good idea to sit there with a vault full of money as that makes you a target - simple - go spend it on rare The VERY first thing i do when i join a game is spend the lion share of my vault on res - beginning of game all res i cheaper than it will become later so fill your store…

• Morale Changes

Quote from Killer8282: “or example on 100p maps, Greece will have higher morale than Siberia because its provinces are small and the whole country is the size of one of Siberia’s larger provinces ” i do understand your point and agree having played world maps several times that moral when you have large provinces is already being effected on fringe core provinces due to distance from capital - would also like to see this tweaked

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Would have the negative side-effect of being frustrating for people who have to go inactive due to real-life reasons. This is not the majority of quitters, so isn't a big argument, but still worth mentioning. ” real life obviously does play a factor but hey if you play ten games then you could go awol on next 5 games and still be on same gold if using my system of 1.5 x back if completed other 10 games. presently there is no penalty to go awol and this is ruining the ga…