Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 91.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quality vs Quantity

GeneralPhara - - Off Topic

Quote from GreatbigHippo: “Quote from Quasi-duck: “Quote from GreatbigHippo: “It's a hypothetical war situation. ” War was actually never mentioned. Besides, it could be a border skirmish. ” Border Skirmishes aren't fair. Armed Conflicts aren't fair. Fights aren't fair. Nothing is fair. Happy? ” By your logic(unfair comparison) quality beats quantity because nukes beat militia(quality gap too big) ......... but also because one million spearman beat a machine gun ( quantity gap too big), quantit…

• Quality vs Quantity

Quote from GreatbigHippo: “Quote from GeneralPhara: “I think it is difficult if not impossible To give a straight on answer to this question , there are too many variables. Most important that i can think of is quality gap, another important one is how the quality gap is actually utilized in that specific case If using a specific amount of resources and time, without going deep into actual calculations, can get you either 1 Heavy tank or 3 light tanks , then a scenario where quantity could beat …

• Quality vs Quantity

I think it is difficult if not impossible To give a straight on answer to this question , there are too many variables. Most important that i can think of is quality gap, another important one is how the quality gap is actually utilized in that specific case If using a specific amount of resources and time(not including technology, it is a variable here), without going deep into actual calculations, can get you either 1 Heavy tank or 3 light tanks , then a scenario where quantity could beat qual…

• Cold War RP

GeneralPhara - - Roleplaying Threads

Can happily switch to Turkey to help this take off

• Cold War RP

GeneralPhara - - Roleplaying Threads

GeneralPhara Name of country you wish to play as: Iran Name of the leader of your country in 1950: PM Mohammed Mossadegh Have you read all of the rules for this role-play? yes Do you agree to follow all of the rules for this role-play? yes Do you agree to be respectful to the people in this role-play and the admins running it? Yes Will you play in this role-play as often if you can? Yes Role-play Example (At least two paragraphs: Tehran Shaken as PM Deliveres Powerful Speech Hundreds of thousand…

• Supremacy 1991?

Lol imagine getting hit with ICBM from Mali while being at war with a european country as Russia XD

• Supremacy 1991?

Missiles crossing continents would be too mainstream....but fun ;)!

• Tactics

GeneralPhara - - Questions and Answers

thats why i said there is very little you can do , it only takes the player a few seconds to switch his bombers to another location after your AA has being travelling for hours and is few minutes away from the airbase Also my main inquiry is not how to beat this bug , it is why this bug exists and is considered normal.

• Tactics

thats why i said there is very little you can do , it only takes the player a few seconds to switch his bombers to another location after your AA has being travelling for hours and is few minutes away from the airbase

• Tactics

Quote from Phoenix King: “Quote from GeneralPhara: “Tanks should be effective against refueling and grounded planes, but unfortunately the latter is not possible per game mechanics, because planes are considered to be flying 24/7 in airstrip with no attack/patrol order Infantry and all ground units have very low to no offensive value against planes, and so attacking planes in an airstripe with them is suicidal, once again because the game considers the plane to be flying all the time. Another pr…

• Tactics

Tanks should be effective against refueling and grounded planes, but unfortunately the latter is not possible per game mechanics, because planes are considered to be flying 24/7 in airstrip with no attack/patrol order Infantry and all ground units have very low to no offensive value against planes, and so attacking planes in an airstripe with them is suicidal, once again because the game considers the plane to be flying all the time. Another problem that this mechanic has is that a plane beats a…

• Tactics

Quote from Aurave: “I think its obvious why planes not in a convoy or refueling would be considered aloft...this is a game where people have to log off for many hours at a time. It's so that you can't just pick off an entire air force just because someone had to take a shower. From the "realistic" viewpoint, what, are planes not going to scramble when an enemy is incoming? That's like complaining that Anti-tank weapons should only function if the opposing player is online when you attack them. O…

• Tactics

Iam not being mean , Iam only amazed bY the fact that this problem is still not "seen" as a bug/problem If i remeber right , You were the one who told me that the forums were busy discussing such bug for a week and that the mods took notice bill

• Tactics

Quote from Phoenix King: “Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “Well, I will edit mine but he is teaching beginners to exploit a bug. ” It's not a bug. Unless refueling or in a convoy, planes are considered aloft and will react as such. ” Lol? the mods dont even know that there is that sick bug By your justification , tanks can never destroy planes grounded on an airbase, since they are considered 'aloft' 24/7 when in an airbase, and this is basically encouraging people to ONLY place bombers in an airfi…

• Militia Spam!

Considering you produce 3000 MP per day , you can only produce 2 militia per day and thats it , making this spam unsustainable, if it is ever effective, Seems like You have used most of initial 15-20k MP on militia

• Paratroopers.

GeneralPhara - - Suggestions / Criticism

Yes they would be more expensive than tanks and they should be , since tanks cannot jump behind enemy lines and cause havoc As you said , you might have built 5 tanks while I have built 4 and a para , but your tanks took hours to win the frontline fight and gain a province or two whereas the my para was dropped behind your lines in a matter of minutes and gained nice provinces that are very possibly empty and defenceless( blame yourself for that not the para ;). TLDR : Tanks have their role, par…

• Paratroopers.

GeneralPhara - - Suggestions / Criticism

Better change your view on para unless you want to keep copy pasting that paragraph ( which proves they were usefully used ) for years to come

• Let's talk Nukes

lol was being sarcastic about thinking missiles are cooler than rockets after formerly insisting that they are not in the game and shouldnot be mentioned as such Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “There are plenty of missiles. missile ˈmɪsʌɪl/ noun 1. an object which is forcibly propelled at a target, either by hand or from a mechanical weapon."one of the players was hit on the head by a missile thrown by a spectator"[table] [tr] [td]synonyms:[/td] [td]projectile; raretrajectile"a player was hit by a…

• Let's talk Nukes

Well there are no missiles in the game

• Let's talk Nukes

Am i the only one who thinks Rockets are much cooler than "missile" * launches Rocket* *Checks Newspaper* * ROCKEt ATTACK ON IRELAND*