Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 642.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Suna232: “Quote from vietcong2005: “No Planes and Arty were used to weaken and disperse enemy lines, not to directly kill them. Infantry can easily take cover from planes and arty, as evidenced in World War I. The British shelled the Germans at Somme for over 7 days with over 1.7 mil shells. Yet the Germans simply hid in trenches and were fine and provided ample resistance to British assult, inflicting heavy casualties. This was also evidenced in World War II during the battle of Seel…

• Quote from Suna232: “Quote from Z. Sakki: “The people backing this balancing are the ones smashing players left n right with artys and planes. It's boring. ” Hitler's blitzkrieg was successful because it used advanced technology to overwhelm enemy forces. First, airplanes bombed a region, then fast-moving ground troops moved in to surround enemy forces followed by artillery shallig. This is the beginning of WW2,beginning of new strategys and the time where this game is taking place. Essentially …

• Biggest Casualties

vietcong2005 - - General Discussions

Quote from dawsongfg: “What's the biggest casualty war you've ever had? Personally, as Ukraine, mine was against Greater Romania (The Europe Clash of Nations map). ” Mine was New Zealand in 100p map. It was more of a one sided engagement for me. The other side suffered tremendously, while I suffered very little. I only had 10k casualties, while the other side had 300k-400k. This was because of the fact I played naval main in this game in my Coalition. My submarines were very high leveled, meanin…

• Quote from RadeonRTX: “I saw someone working with the same alliance members even though it is a no-coalitons map, is this allowed? Also, if the map is not a no-coalition map, is it possible to work with members of the same alliance even if they belong to different coalitions? ” Its a dick move. But its allowed. Cope.

• Quote from halom44: “Sounds like someone keeps getting smashed by artty and wants an easy way out lol. The way support is in this game is just fine the way it is now. Haven aa or fighters to counter your enemies bombers works. ” But when some random guy builds up a whole ass 25 stack with anti air, infantry, arty, armored car and railroad gun. There is really little options you have to destroy it. Its easier to counter bomber, but if someone just camps with arty. its much harder. unless you pour…

• Quote from Z. Sakki: “Yes, artys and tacs definitely need to be nerfed. Tacs killing everything from 4 countries away and an arty stack wiping out whole armies without taking a single point of damage with shoot n scoot gets old really fast. The exception to atks makes its foundation a little shaky tho. Why atks specifically are exempted? Ints and sea planes, I think you can argue for to be exempted on grounds that they aren't geared for ground warfare unlike akts with regards to tacs and strats.…

• Call of War 2.0 Preview

vietcong2005 - - News

Quote from freezy: “Hey guys! In general I want to point out that we will of course check all the feedback and do improvements to the new client even after the release. I am sure we can make it the best possible client to date with everyone's help. Quote from Destructo the Great: “can you add new units in Call of war 2.0? Examples like assault ships move really fast, can carry troops and short embarking time? Or you could upgrade convoy trucks so they have more health? ” New units won't be inclu…

• Supply Lines

vietcong2005 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Well to be frank, I personally feel CoW is a much better game than HoI. I lost interest in HoI after a few months, and CoW has kept my interest for six years now, so that's quite a magnitude of "better game" actually. I really don't want to decide how many rifles I'm going to produce, what kind of torpedo tubes my ships will mount, or the exact composition of an armored division (especially if there is a sore lack of documentation on how that composition affects perfor…

• Supply Lines

Quote from newbgamer101: “Quote from vietcong2005: “There's a good reason why games like Hoi4 or any grand stratergy game is better than Cow. Simply because of how unrealistic warfare is in Cow. No encirclements, no supply lines, and no strategical features. The game has basically devolved into rushing and spamming, suiting the person with more units. Games were actually fun back then when they lasted for 100-300 days back in 1.0. It is strange to me that y'all want to ignore the most feature in…

• Quote from Zaktty: “Does this sound familiar to you? You make a deal with somebody to not attack and then... the next day I'm at war and I have no troops to defend with. I propose non-aggression treaties (through a trade deal) that can last up to 7 days. there is a limit on the number of pacts that you can make, and I'd like to see it between coalitions. Please comment. ” No. Although I like certain things from HOI 4. This is not one of them.

• Supply Lines

Quote from DecendedDemon: “Quote from Zaktty: “2.0 update is literally the best time to add them. Please add supply lines with the new map. ” FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO ” There's a good reason why games like Hoi4 or any grand stratergy game is better than Cow. Simply because of how unrealistic warfare is in Cow. No encirclements, no supply lines, and no strategical features. The game has basically devolved into rushing and spamming, suiting the person with more units. Games were actually fun back th…

• Submarines. Dozens of them. I caused havoc to enemy ships with my subs. Two destroyers ain't enough to stop dozens of of subs. But once again since you only have naval bombers, use them. Another more expensive option would be to just nuke it. Guranteed destruction.

• Komintern

vietcong2005 - - Questions and Answers

Quote from randomperson0195: “Spam heavy tanks, anti air, rocket arty, normal arty, infantry, and some militia for defense. As for Air Force just ignore it except for making some interceptors. Lastly, for navy use cruisers and destroyers and maybe some battleships for land bombardment. ” I mean you Air Force is still essential regardless. Bombers and Attack Bombers are some of the most effective ways to destroy enemy units without too much loses.

• Bytro is fraud

vietcong2005 - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from Destructo the Great: “since new world empires is shutting down, bytro said that you can move all my NWE currency to my call of war account. I requested it but now it’s the last day and they still don’t reply. I have like 20,000 Durcats (NWE currency) in NWE. ” They are shutting the game down. Its a shame that game was fun. Byto should make a revamp of it.

• Quote from newbgamer101: “Quote from vietcong2005: “The type of war you are talking about. Like waging war against 6 different countries would definitely provoke Civlian outrage. Oh yeah plenty of civilians did object to World War I and plenty of other wars. The wars that take place in game are far larger in scale than the wars civilians would not object to. ” This is either inaccurate or proves my point. WWI involved over 30 different countries. Germany, France, Britain, the US etc etc all ente…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “The more a fleet is concentrated, the less vulnerable it is (when using mixed ships types). Of course concentrating it means it is hard to detect enemies and exert your power, so there's your trade-off as well. ” Well in one game, the fleet of one of my allies got annihilated by a nuclear bomber

• Quote from newbgamer101: “Quote from vietcong2005: “It does make sense. Imagine stealing your taxpayer's money to build a large ass army and conscripting your citizens. Of course they won't be happy, no one is ever happy about constant warfare. ” This is a modern way of looking at war. Very rarely (pre-1950s) would civilians object to or oppose a war that they're winning. War was mostly/always (thanks to the effectiveness of ye olde state propaganda) met with proud determination (that goes for m…

• Supply Lines

Quote from DecendedDemon: “Quote from vietcong2005: “Quote from DecendedDemon: “i disagree, i think its a bad idea, buckling somebody's entire frontline by applying overwhelming force and then blitzing through their territory before they can recover is exactly how you go about defeating militairly and economically superior oponent in this game, if you're forced to stop because your guys start starving if you dont for however long it takes to build supply depots on a just conqeured region you're …

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Yeah, cruisers are better at naval battles than battleships. Actually the main USP of battleships is coastal bombardment, at which they're better than cruisers. As that is an important fleet role, it counts for something! ” Really depends on the situation

• Allies. Many of you may dislike this doctrine, but it is quite good. You are able to mass produce units at an impossible rate in the first few days. I got to over 60 units in the first four days in game. This doctrine is useful for building a large navy to dominate the oceans. As New Zealand I had a navy of 20 battleships lvl 5, 20 cruisers lvl 4, 40 destroyers lvl 5, and 30 submarines lvl 6. Also, your research costs and speed are reduced giving you an advantage.