Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 47.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• All in all we may disagree about some details, but agree on the main points: 1. It is unrealistic and weird that - in COW - Infantry are basically a mistake to build, while they were the mainstay of all armies in WW2. 2. COW 1.0 is far from reaching its full potential (and should not be replaced by COW 1.5)

• Release Notes - 2019-11-27

vonlettowvorbeck - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Concerning the discussion about feedback on feedback on CoW1.5: First of all, it's a gift to us players in Bytro games to have the option to discuss game features. That we sometimes get replies is the second gift. And that we get the chance to test changes before they're released is another one. I wouldn't know any of that is the case in any other game. So we're not in the position to complain. ” Finally something I do not agree on with you, so I beg to differ. Most of …

• Quote from Chimere: “I prefered the old SBDE. 99% did not understand what SBDE was because it was poorly conveyed in the "info" of individual units. ” Another nail on the head. And this is where Bytro makes its biggest mistakes all along. This is why players do no stay around and play on. Nobody - thus especially not 'noobs' (= nobodies) or 'newbies' (= being new in the game) - likes to play a game which appears to have weird magical outcomes of battles. These weird magical outcomes are, however…

Quote from freezy: “Quote from Newbss: “[snip] ” Quote from vonlettowvorbeck: “[snip] ” Frankly [snip] that regard. Quote from vonlettowvorbeck: “A) - will the Market Overhaul be reverted? B) - will the Diplomatic Features be restored, like trade between nations without being forced into a coalition? C) - will HC Fire Settings be restored? and most importantly: D) - will COW 1.0 cease to exist after release of COW 1.5? Further, if COW 1.5 is going to replace COW 1.0: E) - how is COW 1.5 addressi…

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “deputy modding ” Don't care much about 'deputy modding' of whatever. IMO this thread is about the future or demise of COW 1.0 and the (possible, but not yet clarified) replacement with a new game COW 1.5 and thus has no need for unrelated posts and loose remarks. As such, the 1st question to be answered is: can and will COW 1.0 and 1.5 coexist or must COW 1.5 replace 1.0 ?? Only after that, further importance can be attached to commenting on COW 1.0's future (if there i…

• Dev Diary #1: Call of War 1.5

Quote from Tasmine: “I just can't figure out why I can't build Army base on the open ground(CoW: Plain) and suburban. ” True, especially since, in reality, army bases are most often located outside urban centers.

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “* introduce a new "Tactics" research tree with the following techs: ” IMO that would be a good idea. It also serves to teach the - not at all difficult, but hard to discover, bc nowhere explained - principles of SBDE. However, without knowing which direction the devs want to take this, this all remains what we call 'air biking': peddling the pedals to no avail. The cheapest solution for improved new player retention remains, IMO, a good set of progressively difficult tu…

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Merely telling the spammers to stop. ” next time write a ticket. you have no influence on spam(mers). mods do.

Interesting, to say the least.... Makes one wonder even more.

• removed by self

• @Brazen Shield Very good post, listing the majoity of issues with COW 1.5, while stating why COW 1.0 rather deserves a good 'tweak', than to be replaced by this new game. @Akulla3D As Brazen Shield does - stating issues, pro's and con's - none of the players in favor have done. It would be interesting to know why players in favor of 1.5 are actually in favor of it. Especially the detailed opinion of a seasoned player, with reasonable stats and spending money, would be appreciated.

• Test game update: Half a day to go on the last test game. Game recap: Crushed neighbors in the 1st week, though I wasn't very active. Simply made a few stacks of the original troops and send them walking, while building artillery and AC in the cities. Once various AC and arty groups were build up, these went walking and than eliminated all further opposition, until SPA and SPAA were developed. Only SPA and SPAA I developed further, because: - SPA provide all the powerful attack and def capabilit…

• Quote from coolgame2019: “The first thing i want to say after my last post about what is good with the old ver. We can agree that all players here love a good strategy game. But players who cried out for resources trading. I have to say to the DEV, this is defintely a BIG NO NO. And should NOT even giving provinces either in coaliation or not (except returning the home provinces back to the coaliation teammate). It is because the nature of the game (Free to play) and cross platform. It will crus…

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Teamwork may be awarded more but not in this scenario though. ” if ever teamwork was required on a map, it is End Game IMO. My last End Game as Axis/Central, I had 2 partners go inactive. Luckily one somewhat later in the game, which gave me time to shred the Russians, before the Allies became threat. But ultimately I had to do everything on my own and won on having the most points when the timer ran out, but did not even get all the required points for a true victory. …

• Lets Talk Feedback

Quote from Somanta: “Now the new graphics....You have killed a good strategy game and have made a CoN for children. Congratulations. I'm out, there is no place in this new game for me. Bye. Att. Teniente Somanta. ” Another one. He ranked 450 or so. The entire top seems to be leaving.

• Lets Talk Feedback

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “The change from 1.0 to 1.5 is just too big. ” No, Ryan, what Mongolian Hoard, Somanta, Pontus, Hans A. Pils, Restrisiko, Czar, and and and or approximately 99% of the posters who post content (not remarks...content) are saying is: When something looks like a clock, ticks like a clock, but it doesn't tell the time, how useful is that for a clock? Everyone can adapt to small changes. Bigger changes even, with some effort. The new graphics are a small change. The changes t…

Quote from Newbss: “Sorry for the off-topic but I can't help it. We had 460 replies for the updates and I believe only 15-20 were made by the Bytro team about them. That topic was just a read material ? Something that you read before bed ? I say this because on the design , the game designer has a lot to say . This is the most important think always to reply ? On how the tank looks ? Freezy you are among that are in top of the chain at Bytro and it seems that what is important to you is to have …

• Quote from Steve_The_Tyke: “We are close to agreement but 1st we need to quantify the problem. Hence we need a metric, but not of Activity, we want one of Inactivity. [Snipped] need 2 Coalition/Solo wins before being allowed to join. Step 1 has to be finding a metric that we agree captures those that abuse scenarios and doesn't punish those (myself included) who sometimes go inactive 2 or 3 days in a scenario by real life events getting in the way. ” Agreed. But whatever measure is taken, it mus…

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “SOME of the games to be 1000 gold and they will earn more gold in that game because they spend 1000 gold when entering ” That would be a simple issue of 'balancing'. First one would have to agree on the principle of the method and only then go into details of how it should be worked out. The 'Numero Unero' question: Is this at all a viable idea to the devs and management? (PS: 'Numero Unero' is not a spelling mistake and should be familiar to anyone who watched 'The sin…

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Quote from vonlettowvorbeck: “Quote from white bird: “Really hard to differentiate between a tank destroyer and a tank imho Especially in certain views / angles / positions of each. ” Mobile or PC? ” Well, it generally looks the same. Also, artillery (France) looks like anti tanks. ” Artillery for all nations has the 'nose' upward. AT has its 'nose' straight forward. I agree it could be a bit more differentiated, i.e. by having arty put its nose higher up maybe, or by u…