Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Startoff units aren't everything, and I know this from having experienced it. I played as Germany once and got beaten by Xinjiang, who started off with a comparatively microscopic army but was incredibly skilled and continued building up his forces, territory, and resources. Rather, I'd say that starting position (instead of starting troops or starting territory) is most important. For example, Poland and Manchukuo are in terrible starting positions and rarely stand a chance. Countries like Aust…

• Before the addition of paratroopers, the only elite infantry unit was commandos. Now, things have changed. Paratroopers can now be produced either as unembarked elite infantry or embarked paratroopers, which has been a game-changer. What comes next? Naval infantry. Naval infantry will be a new unit that is, in some ways, similar to paratroopers. They will be able to deal the same amount of damage as paratroopers do, but they will have a special feature: while paratroopers can embark on planes an…

• Well, yes, sir, this would indeed be too complicated for new players. That's why they shouldn't implement it in Tutorial Modes. Also what's Hearts of Iron?

• As of now, Call of War is already the most realistic WW2 strategy game I can think of. Even board games like Axis and Allies or Tide of Iron aren't nearly as realistic as Call of War. However, there is one thing I would like for Call of War to introduce as a new feature of the game in order to make it more realistic and fun to play: puppet states. In WW2, both the Axis and the Allies created puppet states: Germany had Vichy France, Slovakia, and later in the war, Hungary. Japan had Manchukuo and…

• I usually have to wait for the special All-In Event which is super fun, but now I just realized we can play as AI nations in the normal 1939 Historic World War mode! It is greato! Small nations are more fun to play because it is challenging and exciting. I would suggest they keep this epic feature, it is incredible!

• One main problem is that one of my enemies uses loads of artillery and he is very crafty with it. It is especially hard to deal with artillery when I am offline. They can just destroy my defending units and when I come back my troops are gone. How should this be dealt with? Fortifications? Even when I am on, units sent to attack artillery can be destroyed because of terrain disadvantage or slow movement. What is a good solution to this problem?

• As of right now, Call of War does not feature building cities, the provinces with the square buildings graphics surrounding it that have industrial complexes at the start of the game. Building cities is possible in real life though, as new cities are being constructed every few years or decades. Building new cities will automatically increase resource production (including manpower and money) and for provinces that do not already have resource production, you get to choose one or have the game r…

• The new update with the different icons for the units is awesome!

• How is it that I am Sergeant in Call of War but Private 1st Class in Forum?

• If actually put into the game this would be fun! I tried to make each navy have a fair amount of ships and still be historically accurate, but Australia and Japanese Philippines might not have as many ships as USA or Japan. Though they have quite a lot of land units.

• Yes most of the naval unit placements in this scenario are historically accurate, but some, like the AI nation fleets and some Australian flotillas are made up. But it would be really chaotic if the entire fleets at Midway were included in this game mode, so I cropped some of them off

• These are a few game modes that I suggest should be added to the game. To start off, the Pacific Front 1942. Though the game modes with fewer players such as the Mediterranean Front and the other maps tend to consist of people going inactive, there are some more game modes worth the while to try out. The Pacific Front 1942 map will be from the city of Taipei (Japanese occupied) in the west to the city of Phoenix, USA to the east. The map would extend from Keton (Japanese occupied sector of Sakha…

• The level 1 strategic bomber in Call of War has only 1.5 attack and defense against aircraft. Though this makes sense, it is quite historically inaccurate. The B-17 Flying Fortress was known to have so many guns that a news reported came up with its name. b17cutaway5.gif As can be seen in this diagram, there are at least 5 turrets/guns on the B-17. These were known to be hazardous to attacking interceptors. In a 3-to-1 battle between 3 lvl 1 interceptors and 1 Flying Fortress, the bomber would p…

• In WWII, there were 3 types of tactical bombers: light bombers, medium bombers, and heavy bombers. The light bombers did the least damage to land units out of these, and the heavy bombers did the most. The light bombers costed the least and the heavy bombers costed the most. Call of War only has 1 type of tactical bomber, and I suggest that the tactical bomber should be demolished and split into two new units, the light tactical bomber and heavy tactical bomber. As was in WWII, the light bombers…

• Nice idea! That was exactly what I was thinking. I'd think that there should be new terrain called "islands" or "coastlands" in which marines get higher attack values, defense values, HP, and speed. The marines, after exiting these provinces and invade the inland provinces, could have stats a bit better than infantry or just stats a bit weaker than commandos or like paratroopers.

• The only thing about Call of War in the ocean that bothers me is the embark and disembarkments. They take an insanely long time! This is realistic however, now that I think of it. However, it would be great if there were special units like marines or special transport ships that take less time to disembark. This is just an idean and I do not expect it to be put into the game, but a new unit could be added: marines. These units could have higher attack and defense values along with higher speeds …

• Unit Icons

Messerschmitt Plane - - Suggestions / Criticism

Though I can see that the Bytro team has worked very hard on creating this game and that the unit icons in this game are obviously so much better than other games for expample Axis and Allies 1942, but there are some minor issues in these unit icons. For starters, the naval unit icons and SP unit icons are all the same no matter what nation you are playing as. Even though it is kind of cool to play as USA in the 1939 map with Bismarck battleships at Pearl Harbor, it just kind of ruins the playin…