Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 141.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey anonymusperson, Send me a message using the game's 'Community,' 'Message' system (your game name). I'd like to converse with you there more fully. Thanks Btw, we've had players that have not reported in yet- it's been 20 hours or so. I (we) need to hear from you my good man.

• Actual Role Players

James Hartmund - - Roleplaying Threads

Sir Lelouch, I applaud your efforts at trying to coerce players to 'get into the game' more. We're all here to have fun , and posting in the Newspaper, even using some flair makes the game for for everyone. I've been in games, and heard other players say "I'm bored." Well POST people, post! Can you imagine being in the WW2 time period and not picking up the morning newspaper to see what evils that the AXIS were purveying that day? Get into the game peeps!

• You know I think that, of course, using the 22 player absolutely the best potential for a 98% historical game. Here's the pros & cons of using that map (feel free to give counter points or just correct my thinking): PROS: 1. Canada 2. Finland 3. ROMANIA!!! 4. Other correct WW2 game countries 5. (Plenty of time to get the) correct starting units 6. Correct starting $ & resources 7. France & it's colonial forces will be correct. CONS: 1. The starting date 'pain in the butt' factor is high. Startin…

• So Mr. AnonymusPerson, the game just started; let's keep track of who shows & who does not, shall we? In reply- Mr. LuckyX1 Quote from LuckyX1: “Tough i have one last question: Am i allowed to build commandos? (or at least with restriction) ” I may have missed the starting commando (alpine/ mountain units). It was in the actual divisions/ units they had somewhere in our post. I found it: 3 Brigades of Mountain troops (probably = to 2 commandos) So yes, Turkey could build 2 commando units (Corps)

• Quote from AnonymusPerson: “Can I be the Soviets? I have experience in Roleplay on other games, so I will understand about the rules and what I will need to do. ” Welcome to the mix sir Anonymus, glad to have you. It seems that about 2/3rds of the time a player does not show up on time (within 12-16 hours of the game start). So if indeed you are an active player, are ok with the rules, and are willing to check out the 'Country Situations' post when the time comes for a player spot, there's about…

• Hey there sir Lucky, Welcome back. Quote from LuckyX1: “I can build infantry in Istabul and Millita everywhere else... Okay. But how about arty, aa, at-gun or even vehicles (assuming if you 'somehow' got enough resources thanks to factions from both sides) I just wonder if everything else that i have in tech can be build? ” Well here's the thing. They didn't. It's like the Iraqi's or Afghanistan Army today today building tanks, artillery, planes, etc. They didn't. If they (& the Iraqis & so fort…

• Quote from Master of Europe: “Hello. I'm fine with being isolationist. I have red the country rules and am good with everything. Looking forward to it. ” Yes sir 'Master,' if you're an active player, you're in as the U.S.A. Therefore we'll start today at 4:00 PM, CST (11 PM, GMT) Any questions, concerns or thoughts Btw sorry folks for the long time to respond. I spent a long weekend at the folks & outlaws for Easter weekend. I knew that this weekend would be busy for people.

• Hey there sir Lucky, Welcome back. Quote from LuckyX1: “I can build infantry in Istabul and Millita everywhere else... Okay. But how about arty, aa, at-gun or even vehicles (assuming if you 'somehow' got enough resources thanks to factions from both sides) I just wonder if everything else that i have in tech can be build? ” Well here's the thing. They didn't. It's like the Iraqi's or Afghanistan Army today today building tanks, artillery, planes, etc. They didn't. If they (& the Iraqis & so fort…

• Hey sir Kalantigos, I'll put my mind towards getting the Soviets what they need - that's 5,000,000 men to star with, and 30 corps of armor to be exact. Sweden might be able to donate troops. Turkey might as well. We'll 'fix' it, np. Please put your mind towards what they need. We need to remember that the Krauts attacked the Ruskies with 3 million men vs. only 2 million Russians. If we're going to beef up the Russians, we need to simulate that disparity. I absolutely want a historical game. Keep…

• Hey there sir 'Master,' Good day man, thanks for your interest. Please start by checking out the U.S. position on our RP forum post 'Country Situations.' Make sure that you're ok with playing the U.S.A. as an isolationist nation - until Dec.11, 1941 (late on turn 7). We're also going to be doing 2 new things with America. Those new rules are to allow the U.S.A. to take Ireland & Arabia. That is to allow them a true 'North Atlantic Ferry Route' in taking Ireland, and to allow a Persian convoy rou…

• AXIS vs. ALLIES players. Idamntns is now unavailable to play the U.S. (he'll probably take Spain). We're now looking for a player to play either the U.S.A. or Soviet spots.

• Sir miech, In reply: Quote from miech: “On another note, perhaps a strange question, how many day(change)s is a year? Just 1 right? ” A turn = 2 seasons, or 1/2 a year. Spring/ Summer 1939 for example. 4 real life hours = 1 month; this is @ 24 day hours divided by 6 months. This matters every so often, such as the exact time the U.S. enters the war, and exactly when they can land. Are you thinking of exactly how & when to be a bad person toward England? Quote from miech: “And the game starts in …

• Re: 2 things- Quote from RogodeterSnowl: “I disagree, pre Dec 1941, the US aircraft Industry was gearing up massively to supply planes to France then UK - Cash n Carry the prelude to Lend Lease ” WW2 U.S. Aircraft Strength Sept 1939: Heavy Bombers - 22 Light/Med Bombers - 0 (700 total all obsolete) Modern Fighters - 0 (500 total - all obsolete) By Comparison September 1, 1939 Luftwaffe 2,500 Combat planes (mainly me-109s, me-110s, Dorniers & Heinkels). -Note that in CoW the U.S. starts with what…

• Sir miech, In reply: Your glorious plan- I wish you luck as Italy. I'm dying (hopefully not) to see what you'll do. 'rules regarding Italy-France and Italy-Vichy France' Italy can do what they will and so can France. Italy can go all out against France right away. France could then counter artillery-attack the neighboring Italian provinces, as they did and can do against Germany. I suppose if their artillery did well, they could then invade Italy proper. France had lost their flowering of their …

• Sir LeLouch, 1st sir LeLouch there are many 'LeLouch's in the CoW 'Community,' 'Message' system. Please send me a message so I'll know who you are. Also, please check out the 'Country Situations' post and ok the French Rules. It's pretty straight forward and you seem like you've looked at that already. Well playing France (if France loses) then Vichy France is a mixed bag. 1st, there is no assurance that France will lose. Yes they have the Maginot line to use, but there are things they can do to…

• Note- See the 'In Pursuit Of Betterment' post for full details Industries Available To Be Used To Build Armor & Aircraft: ALLIED Russia Armor Industry- 3 Aircraft Industry- 3 U.S.A. Pre-Dec.7, 1941 Armor Industry- 0 Armor Industry- 3 1941 Aircraft Industry- 2 1942 Aircraft Industry- 3 Aircraft Industry- 1943- unlimited U.K. Armor Industry- 1 AND 1 Tank Destroyer per year (11 armored Bdes) Aircraft Industry- 3 France Armor Industry- 1 Aircraft Industry- 2 AXIS Germany Armor Industry- 2 Aircraft I…

• Gentlemen we’re doing a BIG thing starting this game. We’re limiting the amount of armor and aircraft that will be produced- to a certain number of factories. See the reply post here below for information. This will solve the games terrible problem of armor & aircraft spamming. As always, you're opinions on this 'fix' are most welcome. The number of armor & aircraft produced will very closely correlate to the historic build maximums. We're also heavily considering artillery restrictions. * see t…

• Hey there sir LeLouch, We'll be starting an upcoming game, AXIS vs ALLIES # 9 in a few days. Our game invite post with the appropriate information & available spots will be up later today. Our games are full of serious, active players Thanks for asking. Ttyl

• Industrial build limits In pursuit of a more realistic 'force pool' of units, we are instituting the rule that each country may build armor & planes at certain cities. This will eliminate mass light tanks and aircraft, which happens every game. Players will actually build infantry. You are welcome to give your input. Post as a reply below. Industries Available To Be Used To Build Armor and Aircraft. Note that Armor includes tank destroyers, Sp. Artillery and Sp.AAA (Sp.Arty & Sp.AAA made at a 2 …

• What we're looking for players that: 1. Are active For the most part players that play here are active. Unless you're taking a lesser role here the players that are active will usually defeat you. 2. Will post some serious articles in the Newspaper -Get into the game. Posting in the Newspaper makes the game fun. No involvement = less fun for you and & others. -There are no number of requirements to have to post. -Don't use the newspaper as a chat- just pm other players. -Don't just post silly or…