Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spamming only light tanks isn't going to get you very far. Yes, light tanks and armored cars (the latter being quite powerful after their recent buff) do have their uses, and every army should have them. Once you've achieved a breakthrough of the enemy line, unleashing them behind their lines to take the enemies cities and resource-producing provinces rapidly to cripple their economy. And yes, in the early game, when certain players tend to spam infantry, they are quite useful too. But once you'…

• Quote from freezy: “CoW actually has much more concurrent players than Hearts of Iron 4 ” A simple search on steam db disproves this, but it's ok.

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Quote from Pablo22510: “Quote from Sir Erwin Rommel: “With Ranked Gold-limited Leagues, the game will instantly increase its playerbase from medicore to huge. ” As much as we'd both like this to be true, it isn't. This game is a Hearts of Iron IV lite. It's a game to distract you, a stepping stone to deeper stuff. It's never going to have a huge player base. ” Completely disagree. It maintains a perfect balance between playability, simplicity, and depth. Only historica…

• Deader than ever

Pablo22510 - - Off Topic

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “It comes in waves, sometimes it seems like it is dying then new people flock to it and bring new life. ” That might be, but it seems to be that even these 'waves' of new life are not even comparable to the forum at its peak, with the forum gang.

• Quote from Sir Erwin Rommel: “With Ranked Gold-limited Leagues, the game will instantly increase its playerbase from medicore to huge. ” As much as we'd both like this to be true, it isn't. This game is a Hearts of Iron IV lite. It's a game to distract you, a stepping stone to deeper stuff. It's never going to have a huge player base.

• Deader than ever

Pablo22510 - - Off Topic

Yeah, I assumed so. That's annoying.

• Release Notes - 2022-10-11

Pablo22510 - - News

Quote from jazim: “Call of War 2.0 is scheduled to be released on all platforms on Tuesday, July 19th. ” Of 2023?

• Useless Interceptors

Pablo22510 - - General Discussions

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Still many games go by without a single strat in the sky. ” Probably largely because players aren't informed of the meta.

• I've been around since 2016. This has been requested dozens of times. It never happens. The vast majority of players don't spend money on this game. It's precisely from that very small percentage of the playerbase that sinks hundreds of Euros into this game that Bytro gets the money from. So no, it's not happening, I'm afraid.

• Deader than ever

Pablo22510 - - Off Topic

Anyways, if anyone is an active member of this forum and wants to play or smth, please dm me. I see that there's a couple of people that picked up the mantle of the old Forum Gang, like @Karl von Krass, @RBoi200, @jefin b and @GrandEmpire, but they seem to be gone too. Anyways, let's try and revive this one last time.

• help :))

Pablo22510 - - Questions and Answers

Is your alliance full?

• Computer Players

Quote from 6thDragon: “Sorry for not being clear. I'm aware of players going inactive. I mean, at the very beginning of a game, when does an AI take over a playable country instead of having an active player start there? It doesn't happen every game, but I've seen it happen several times now. ” Ah, I see what you mean. My guess is this, although I'm not by any means certain: Take, for example, the 100-player world map game. If memory serves me right, there are more than 100 playable countries. W…

• Useless Interceptors

Quote from z00mz00m: “Oh, and they should only be allowed to fly in/out of level 3 airfields. ” This is probably a bit too much. No one builds level 3 airfields, so maybe this means that strats aren't used at all. I don't know. I just think that they can't stay as is. Quote from Fox-Company: “I'm pretty sure Strats in Allied Doctrine are meant to be the B-17 Flying Fortress, which could fly on 1 engine and lose half the fuselage and still fly, so tbh based off real life, they nailed the air forc…

• Deader than ever

Pablo22510 - - Off Topic

Quote from Shadow 1958: “People might be busy. It is coming up to the Christmas period after all ” You don't get it, I think. It's not because it's getting close to Christmas or not (we're still over a month away, anyway). It's just dead. Take a look at the top posters of all time. All of them are gone.

• Computer Players

If I understood you correctly, what you mean is when does the AI take over a country formerly controlled by a player. The answer is after three full days of inactivity by that player.

• Deader than ever

Pablo22510 - - Off Topic

Just logged in (starting playing on and off again, with friends). Decided to check the forum. Last forum reply in the Off Topic section is from over a month ago. Sad... There used to be hundreds of posts a day in this section alone. Good old days are gone. Miss you @Quasi-duck.

• I appreciate that this must be a simple question, but it's been ages since I last played the game, and now that I'm playing again with friends I feel quite rusty. If my units are advancing from A to B, and the enemy's units are advancing from B to A, and they run into each other midway, who's attacking and who's defending? I wanted to know, because obviously with units like tanks it makes a big difference whether they're on the offensive or not. Thanks!

• Useless Interceptors

Whoever created this thread has a point. I've started to casually play this game after a long period of inactivity, and the other day I got absolutely crushed by strategic bombers. They're not that great vs ground units, I know, but they've just got way too much health. It takes so so many interceptors to bring them down, and if you do manage to build enough interceptors, they're gone because it takes them a couple of attacks to destroy the strats, while they can just destroy your interceptors w…

• About Railguns

Quote from Comrade genz: “Quote from Pablo22510: “Quote from whowh: “I'm just laughing at the posts of everyone above. Nowadays not having arties is like posting in the newspaper "Everyone plz attack me!!!!!!!" ” Given that we've revived a 5 year old post, I thought I'd ask about this, which really shocked me. Is having artillery now considered crucial?I started playing this game again now after years of not doing so, and in one of my games everybody seems to have artillery. Yet back in the day …

• About Railguns

Quote from whowh: “I'm just laughing at the posts of everyone above. Nowadays not having arties is like posting in the newspaper "Everyone plz attack me!!!!!!!" ” Given that we've revived a 5 year old post, I thought I'd ask about this, which really shocked me. Is having artillery now considered crucial? I started playing this game again now after years of not doing so, and in one of my games everybody seems to have artillery. Yet back in the day artillery was useless, as far as I can recall. Is…