Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Random Factor in Combat

Javman - - General Discussions

Quote from SpiritNOR: “Well, I have definitly not done any consistent testing or research on this so the following is mostly guesswork... First of all, in your first example I'm not surprised at all... You totally neglected the statebased efficiency by overstacking enormously, I would guess you were working on a 50-60% efficiency. Further you don't mention the terrain. Commandoes in mountains for instance would have anti-air of 2, double what you assume... A commando have 25HP while a ceptor has…

Quote from Quasi-duck: “You should never use int for ground attack... ” Thank you for your very thorough and constructive feedback, Quasi. I paired my interceptors as a deterrent from him trying to hit my bombers with his own interceptors, which is evident that he owned based on the other scenarios. I'm aware that interceptors do very little damage to ground units. Do you have anything to say regarding the random factor in combat? Have you noticed any unusually high or low results after individu…

Precursor: This is going to be a very long post so I will break it up into the research and rant sections. I am trying to wrap up a 22 player game, and have had several battles over the last few days with the #2 player. I am making this thread both to air some frustration over and hopefully get some legitmate research started on the combate formula, particularly in determining the randomness factor's range. RANT SECTION While I understand some randomness must be involved, here are some of the th…

• Little red circles

Javman - - Questions and Answers

I always thought those are indicators for there being at least four provinces intersecting. I'm not sure why they are there except possibly as a visual aid for determining borders?

• Buy 50 bombers with GOLD

Javman - - Off Topic

It depends on a few variables as well: - Did your opponent already have the resources on hand? - What level is his Industrial Complex? - Did he have the required buildings/Research already? (Air Base Level 2/IC in this case) - How did he buy his gold - what batch as well as were there any bonuses active for him when he got it? (obviously no way for you to know this for sure) So for example, cheapest case scenario: 50 bombers with all resources, buildings, research completed, strictly time to bui…

• Ok, yeah then I guess I need to focus on building/economy destruction whenever I face a gold user then, which means staying alive long enough to access the units capable of doing so. I don't believe the buildings are damaged from ground units unless the province changes hands, at least that has been my experience thus far.

• Hey everyone, a quick yes/no question along with my situation, since I didn't have the chance to verify in my last game against a gold user but I'm curious. If I move troops into a city and engage his troops, is he still able to instabuild troops in that city, or would you get an error message like when you try to boost morale of troops that are in combat (which is when units are attacking the city but not the troops, so no combat icon means the gold boost morale button still appears). I ask bec…

• SBDE equations

Quote from Strategos420: “my apologies if it seems like am hijacking the thread. maybe we should start one for the "TEST BOARD"? I am not sure what protocols/conventions are followed here yet and I did not mean to cause any offense. I just thought of the idea and posted since it seemed to tie into the data collection. Some guidance from some of you "old timers" on these forums would also be appreciated. I am not sure if there is a casual approach to subjects or if the 'rules lawyer' comes out wh…

• SBDE equations

So I've probably gone a bit insane, but I went ahead and built a "few" interceptors and bombers yesterday. Tac bombers seem to follow the same pattern as Interceptors, so I stopped at 25. Interceptors, 6/Tac Bombers, 6 1-5: 100% 6: 93% 7: 89% 8: 81% 9: 73% 10: 67% 11: 61% 12: 57% 13: 53% 14: 49% 15: 46% 16: 44% 17: 41% 18: 39% 19: 38% 20: 36% 21: 35% 22: 33% 23: 32% 24: 31% 25: 30% *Tac Bomber count stops here. 26: 29% 27: 28% 28: 27% 29: 26% 30: 26% 31: 25% 32/33: 24% 34/35: 23% 36: 22% 37-39: …

• Unsportsman Like

Depending on the player's wallet size, it may or may not be possible to defeat him while he is able to heal his units. In order to defeat a player like that, you'll need to A) engage him in combat when he is unable to heal his units with gold a.k.a. offline/sleeping/at work or B) Hit him with so much firepower at once his units are killed and unable to be healed. If he is not a high command member, option A is a little easier to do. Study the newspaper, see what he builds and use the completion …

• SBDE equations

Quote from Strategos420: “ What I propose is a 'TEST' game.. where each nation concentrates on a few units, sets a common rally point for various battles and shares all info with other board members. Obviously UK does fleets best, and perhaps air? mainland can opt for various units and free discussion about who/what/where/when is encouraged...rather like appointments for battles so that there is no surprises. Is this a good idea? New to the game, liking it very much so far and pleased with the c…

• SBDE equations

Yeah, that's a typo for the infantry - 76%. I''ll work on building light tanks and getting up to 25 subs next, in another game I am working on interceptors and tac bombers. Let me know if you'd like me to go over 25 units on the others as well.

• SBDE equations

I've been developing a spreadsheet over the last few weeks to go over exactly this data, so I'll submit what I have so far. All units involved were full health. Unit 1, unit 1 level,/unit 2, unit 2 level/etc Infantry, 5/Commandos, 1 1-8 - 100% 9 - 96% 10 - 92% 11 - 89% 12 - 84% 13 - 80% 14 - 86% 15 - 72% 16 - 68% 17 - 65% 18 - 61% 19 - 58% 20 - 56% 21 - 53% 22 - 51% 23 - 49% 24 - 47% 25 - 46% Medium Tanks, 3 (picking up at 16 since my data is the same as Azkazan's) 16 - 45% 17 - 43% 18 - 41% 19 …

• Gold Spamming

Javman - - Suggestions / Criticism

While I'm not as adamantly against gold usage as others here (I know I'll run into them at some point, and who cares. I'll use that game to try out certain tactics/build strategies), I really felt the need to respond to this post. Quote from ~Azazel~: “Removes legitimacy? Maybe that's just some very bad wording... but to me, even though you're a gold buyer yourself, you make it sound like buying gold removes any need for thought, strategy, tactics, or skill.With a gold SPAMMER, yes I would agree…

• Hello, In one of my games I noticed an area recently conquered by an opposing player that was formerly Crimea: Kherson. It is currently producing $2900 at a morale of only 36% and with one naval base. Back in July it appears this issue was brought up but nothing official ever mentioned in that thread. I'm hoping to get something official about this province. To me it seems like it is probably just a typo, like someone added one too many digits - $290 a day for a non-core province with one naval …