Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 27.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Call of War 1.5 round 2!

Mc_Johnsen - - News

AA can be used as anti tank. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.8_cm_F…#Support_of_ground_troops "The 8.8 cm Flak performed well in its original role of an anti-aircraft gun and it proved to be a superb anti-tank gun as well." Discarding realism and looking at balancing, I don't think the AA is overpowered that it needs a nerf to its stats. I think its nice to have units with more than 1 role. Anti Air having more purpose than shooting down airplanes is nice. For example tactical bombers do great against g…

Mc_Johnsen - - News

Quote from VorlonFCW: “"Everything in the infantry tab only needs a barracks building, other unit classes work the same way with their buildings.Higher level units take longer to produce but higher level buildings reduce production time. " ” + Each unit level has a minimum production time, higher levels of building cannot reduce the production time below that. Each unit level requires the same level of its building requirement to be produced at max speed. Any production-required-building level a…

Mc_Johnsen - - News

I agree with the others that this new building requirement system feels a bit off. I do appreciate the system of "higher levels of units have longer production times, unless you construct higher levels of the appropriate building". It adds more meaning to higher levels of units, more than a mere stat improvement. However, it feels really off, mostly because I am used to CoW 1, CoN, S1914, that all units are produced so quickly using lv1 requirements: A destroyer and a battleship both have the sa…

• This idea may be creative but won't work with the engine. What you are asking is to modify the map. Adding paths is the same as adding removing entire provinces, lakes, oceans, modifying terrain, etc (from the perspective of the engine)

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Not possible to make sure there is no case unless you use gold ” This thought process is what makes the difference between a good player and a player with a negative K/D.

• What if I can see it? Right now, I can see rocket attacks incoming because my province centers are marked with a red attack symbol. So yeah, I can "see" it coming. Maybe I have naval vessels or airplanes nearby seeing the rocket launch? Maybe I am deep inside my territory? There are cases where I can see rockets coming from a far and if I know the enemy has rockets, I will make sure that there is no case where I can get blindsided by a rocket.

• Example: A lv1 rocket is shot at me from max range. The rocket takes 41 minutes to reach his target. In 41 minutes, even a standard infantry / AA / artillery /AT stack with a speed of 20 can travel 27 km. -> If I spot a rocket early enough, I definivetly have time to get my units away from impact. Even if the rocket is upgraded, faster, not shot from max range, there is still a chance to get my units away. Maybe my tanks are on plains, or my units are on a province with infrastructure, then I ha…

• Gameplay <-> Realism But that isn't even the point, rockets are visible, you can see a rocket attack incoming. Its just that you have to actively look for them. Is this a strategy game of killing units or is this a puzzle game of finding unit and attack icons? If you want rockets ingame to be "stealthy", either make them invisible or change the way they can be spotted. But giving them a tiny rocket icon is certainly not the solution. Its easier to spot a barrage of artillery than a rocket attack…

• Why are rockets so hard to spot? Everything important in this game is marked fairly well. Nuclear Bomber? Battleship? Gignatic icon on the map, impossible to miss. You can see it at first glance. There is a Battleship approaching your Destroyers? You can see it, its the first thing you see if you even glance over the region. Rockets on the other hand, are really camouflaged. The game has become "where is waldo": In this screenshot, there is a rocket attack against me. I can see the rocket after …

• I agree to the rules My ingame name is Mc_Johnsen

• Quote from Paramunac: “Quote from Jever Reloadet: “the battalion signed up. but i hope, it runs better than the last alliances clash and you will not do the same mistakes ^^. ” Some mistakes were made in first Clash of Alliances? Or you just can't get over the fact that your 5-player team surrendered to one enemy player after only few days of war because you were demolished on land, air and sea at the same time? ” We probably surrendered to 1 Player because his army was way bigger than ours? And…

• nemuritor98_, hello there, My alliance and me participated in the Clash of Alliances #1 and I would like to share some experience I(we) made during the 1st World War. Because it seems like you are literally copying everything, faults included. Obviously its in all of our interest to get rid of the errors made in the Clash of Alliances #1! 1. The "map distribution": You dont have to be a strategic genuis to realize that certain teams have a horrible starting position! For example, Middle Amerika(…

• Screenshot Contest! (closed)

Mc_Johnsen - - News

Hi

• Clash of Alliances

Mc_Johnsen - - Alliance: Games Exchange

@MihailMD yeah, until someone choses the wrong nation^^ In addtion: 1. I think, there are still bugs, where you are accidently in war with your mate. This would be a desaster^^ 2. It will be much harder to end the game. Because: 1. Everybody else must be 100% eliminated 2. 2 of 5 must go inactive to end the game.

• Clash of Alliances

Quote from Barba Sucia: “[...] And if the people of the Alliance 8 decides never to enter. What will happen? [...] ” If an Alliance isnt joining, whether its refusing or forgetting about the Clash, they will be removed from this tournament by Xarus and replaced by another Alliance! Just like "Project New World" has been replaced by "Russian Army"! Everybody does errors, there s no reason to be mad about the person. But we simply can not wait until all of the 50 Players does everything correctly.…

• Clash of Alliances

So, Tomorrow 3rd Attempt or the 4th? Idk, there are simply too many... D: xD But to clarify this, we can put the latest/newest game back to archive? So around tomorrow is the redo? And there arent really any other possibillities than redoing X-Times until everybody does no faults? ...

• So looks like some are complaining about the loss of reality in this game?? Well, lets say, Call of War is super close to reality, so every game would go the same way: Germany starts with super an super army and a superior Airfleet. [Not] Surprisingly, Germany overwhelmes everybody else on Europe. Eventually, the tides turn and the Sovietunion, GB and the USA are fighting back Germany and defeating him. Thats probably how every game would go, if its realisitic. Because if the game doesnt go like…

• Another argument in favor of re-adding the possibility to chose his nation in the 100-World Map: If friends want to play together, side by side, on the world map, they need to select their countries at the beginning! Otherwise they will be placed randomly across the world and never being able to fight together from the start on. I´m very sure there are many players, who wish they could simply play with their friends without joining several maps until they are close enough. Meanwhile, this result…

• Excuse me, but because of time shortage, I do not have enough time to play this game and in 3 weeks im gone in summer holidays, so I cant participate anymore.

• A "Test Game"

Mc_Johnsen - - Find Co-players

Okay, thank you very much. I will create the game now and send both of you the password and first instructions about the beginning However, There are still 10 Places for any other Players who wants to join us^^ It doesnt have any disadvantages to join late or be unexperienced since we just want to test this game