Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 24.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Indeed but this penalty is calculated at day change and then will affect your output for the coming day. You must have a negative money output at day change for not beeing able to pay your spies. And still, it will not affect your spies payment as we are talking about a "T-Time" which is day change. In our concrete case we are talking about, the player had the required money to pay his spies at day change, no money is removed from his stockpile from upkeep at the exact time of calculation. It ca…

• You're right Last Warrior but this upkeep is adjusted at day change. The needed ressources are not removed from your stock pile at day change ! So you will produce less money/whatever during the new day but there is no reason your output goes negative since 1.5 games cause if you have a low ressources output you just can't build new units and thus degrade a bit more your output... OK you can actually ! By buying those ressources on the market, but we are talking about money. The money you need t…

• Quote from Suna232: “Quote from Last Warrior: “You forget upkeep for All other units. ” No,army upkeeps are devided from income,it dosnt work like spies upkeeps. ” Right, I'll definetly agree with that. Even if some members don't seems to make any efforts to understand non native speakers this is what I tried to explain Quote from Merlin Pin-Pin: “Are you guys sure units money upkeep is drawn out at day change ? I feel like this upkeep is calculated to adjust the hour per hour output (money and …

• Ok, thanks. Solved !

• Right, now you say so I remember getting those units from seized cities. But it makes me think of a submarine I get from a capture city. It was better than mines as it was from the axe doctrine. But on the long run and after I researched higher levels for my subs I never been offered to upgrade that one. Is it cause you're offered to upgrade only level 1 units to your own doctrine ? (this sub was level 3) And "captured units" can't be upgraded ?

• I am wondering if this is a bug or not, because I am playing allies doctrine known to have lower upgrades cost and time. Check this out tho : forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…87e1fa9946768d70491f6883bforum.callofwar.com/index.php?…87e1fa9946768d70491f6883b It cost exactly the same to upgrade a level 1 unit and a level 3 unit to the max level. I have been using this the whole game to produce new units and wait to complete several levels of research to upgrade lower units and drastically save the re…

• I went accross a bug for 2 units, a mot. infantry and a medium tank that I was able to upgrade whereas I did not research those upgrades yet. I had other mot. infantries and MTs but only those two units (that were part of a stack with other legit upgradable units - armored vehicules and light tanks) could possibly been upgraded. Here are the screenshots: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…87e1fa9946768d70491f6883bforum.callofwar.com/index.php?…87e1fa9946768d70491f6883b So I took a chance, selected t…

• Are you guys sure units money upkeep is drawn out at day change ? I feel like this upkeep is calculated to adjust the hour per hour output (money and all other ressources). I don't remember seeing a loss of ressources/money (if no spies) at day change. A possible explanation I see is that one of your ennemy is also using economic spies on you. Those spies cas steal money too, so maybe this stolen money is calculated before your spies payment and you did not have enough ressources to pay them. In…

• I would support Hornetkeeper's claim that offensive damages are delt by defending planes. I had many air vs air fights recently and the damges delt by defending planes were unexpectingly high. The most revealing example is the following: My ennemy had 5 interceptors heading back to base to refuel after an attack. I had set my own 5 interceptors in ambush to get them on their way back (so I am sure he did not switch target to my own planes at the last moment as they had to refuel to attack again)…

• Quote from freezy: “Quote from Merlin Pin-Pin: “How new would you say ? ” It was possible since the very beginning, we did not change this mechanic. ” Ok I didn't know. I've been playing CoW for years now and always thought it wasn't possible. Good to know. Thanks.

• Very good guide, thanks a lot. You clarify the damage calculation of the big stacks and the question about the "10 most effective units" taken in account. Thanks to you and freezy who confirmed it in another thread I see clear in this mechanism now. Also thanks for mentioning that convoys and refueling planes inflict damages. I knew it since I sent a couple tac bombers attack a convoy of 15 planes after I destroyed the airfield and realised they wouldn't make it. Unlike the naval convoys that cl…

• Got it ! I read your post as I just left another topic Hornetkeeper created and in which he explains combat mechanics. It's all clear now. Thanks guys.

• Ok I maybe be wrong and just did not noticed this possibility.

• How new would you say ? Cause I remember when you could switch your engaged arty to a ranged target. The info over the stack was showing this new target but at the end of the attack timer the damages were actually delt to the close combat opponent instead and the correct target was set back on it in the info. You couldn't switch for a ranged target when already engaged in melee. And that was a good point in my opinion.

• Game balancing

Merlin Pin-Pin - - Suggestions / Criticism

I played 1 historic scenario so far (before the balancing) and did not played any other yet. I often enter games when there are few places remaining and I played this game with Manchoukuo. In the first days of the war I saw Japan units starting packing at my borders so I took the initiative to attack him using arty I produced to weaken his forces. I managed to take the advantage and seized his neighbouring provinces but then I had to go for the main island ... and realised how powerfull was his …

• Thanks. Edit: I am back since I went through a contradictory message to yours. That's what get me confused, some players still argue the 10 most effective units of a big stack will contribute to the fight without damage penalty (your oppinion), others say that when the stack exceed 10 units there will be a penalty. Let's quote you and the other message. Quote from Hornetkeeper: “The mechanic is simple, but the way CoW explains it may confuse many players. SBDE only reflects the health of the arm…

• Quote from BMfox: “Circumvent SDBE: the SDBE is 10 but there's an exploit to it that can be used to make superstacks. The rule is that only 10 best units will engage in a fight but that the damage will be spread over the stack. So if you make a stack of 10 interceptors, 10 attack bombers and 10 tactical bombers. If you attack interceptors your 10 interceptors will be auto selected to fight the enemy. If you attack tanks the 10 attack bombers will be selected. If you attack infantry than it will …

• I noticed a relatively new change in artillery fight. So far a stack of ennemy troops with artillery that was engaged in melee fight had no choice than defending against the attackers. Lastly I saw such a group switching for a ranged target and the damages were actually applied to the ranged target. This is pretty bad and not accurate. An artillery unit engaged in melee fight would have to deal with the close combat attackers before keeping bombarding further. It also totally mess up the basic s…

• Current Server Issues 11/14/2020

Merlin Pin-Pin - - Bug Reports and Issues

Current Server Issues 11/14/2020