Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Point taken.

• War....?

SteelStrategist - - Off Topic

Alright so I have this problem, Everytime I conquer a country, or am about to, an AI decides it'll be nice to test my strength. I haven't had a single day in the game without war for a couple of days now. I've lost 18 men, and I cannot reproduce. Do I have to conquer the entire world map with 94 units?

• In the Second World War, many territories were lost or retaken. Mostly on the Eastern front you saw rigorous fighting. However, the USSR would not let the enemy claim their territory. So they never left anything behind for them. Destroying Infrastructure and Resources. There is a reason they left nothing behind. The Russians wouldn't let the Germans bask in their territories while enjoying what was theirs. Instead, they burned crops, blew up important buildings such as bridges, headquarters, etc…

• Traps

SteelStrategist - - Suggestions / Criticism

Like I said, for both researching and buying, it will be expensive.

• Traps

Minefields will be really effective, damaging tanks and infantry a lot as they level up. They won't be cheap because of that.

• Captured Units

Captured vehicles were used many times during the Second World War, mostly by Germany. I came up with this idea from the top of my head, it might seem complicated and I apologize for it being like that, but besides that try to understand this the best you can, thank you! Captured Units Need more materials for tanks? Used it all on tanks and other units? Well look no further, because if this is added to the CoW gameplay, players that overpower enemy units will be able to capture them and use them…

• Traps

Quote from zecevi123: “Not wanna insult it sounds like great ideas. But I think that forts already cover all the things you listed. ” Forts dont really do anything besides give home defense. Plus, its boring. It isn't effective against tanks, so whats the use? Mines are, and fortifications can be bombed.

• Traps

As a quick note before we begin, I read a forum post about minefields. I will be discussing a similar topic in this forum, just more complex and specific. There was a recent update where player's buildings were camouflaged, and couldn't be seen by others unless they stepped on the province. I thought about traps, and these are all the ideas I came up with. The 2 objects I suggest adding to CoW are mines and barbed wire. Mines Mines in WWII were effective against both infantry and tanks. Mines in…

• Coalition

SteelStrategist - - Questions and Answers

Question: I have created a coalition in a game I am in, and I need 620 points to win a game. So my question is, does my coalition need 620 points? Or does only one of us need 620?

• Hi and welcome folks! Just again want to thank the people who have taken their time to read my previous posts. I do not know if similar posts have been made with similar ideas, if there has, you can choose to read this again, or close it. Just a little reminder, you are always welcome to leave a comment and like. Without further ado. I noticed a lot of people brought up gold when it came to medics and morale boosters, so I have come up with a similar idea. Players should have the option to assig…

• I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what your trying to say, if your trying to disagree or agree, but yes adding other forms of medics such as mechanics would be a good idea. But the whole point of the medic is so you don't have to wait 13 days to get a unit healed, rather its purpose is to heal a unit quicker so the player can mobilize faster. But rather than a new morale boosters unit, chaplains having basically the same objective is a good idea!

• I would accept medical tents. But if they won't add morale boosters or medical troops, its fine. As long as something similar to either happens, I'm fine with it.

• Well, It takes time for a unit to heal on enemy territory. Thats why we need medics. While I didn't list this and I apologize for not doing so, medics would heal a unit a lot faster than a unit being stationed on home grounds. Along with that, with the medics, a unit does not have to be stationed or on home grounds, rather they can be anywhere and get healed.

• I understand your point. I just wanted to mention that it may not be a good idea in the eyes of some people, but for good reason. But I understand your point.

• Who says that its a bad idea? Gold has many uses in the game, healing may be one factor, but there are many more: -Speeding up research -Upgrade morale -Making up for resources -Speeding up forming units -Speeding up building My ideas might take 2 of those away, but CoW can always come up with other ways to gain profit. Perhaps these units can have more costing. But I see your point.

• Welcome readers! I just wanted to thank those who have read my previous thread; "AI should be allowed to respond." Without further ado, I'll begin the discussion. CoW should add "Special Units." I'm not talking about NKVD commandos, or paratroopers. Examples of special units would be medics and morale boosters. While some may consider adding such units could make a player OP, it could change combat in CoW as long as it is on the platform. Medics 1) Medics will have the ability to heal a unit. Th…

• Call of War is meant to be a fun game, placed in the 20th century. However, for some new players, it may be hard to socialize with others on their map, not knowing who is human, and who is a bot. Coding AI to respond to players in diplomacy can benefit COW because: 1) The player doesn't feel lonely, and doesn't feel like he's only here to fight AI who are designed to kill him. 2) The player has the ability to socialize a bit more, and be the little dictator he wants to be, going around pressurin…