Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 39.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Tribunate: “None of what you said has every occurred in games that I've played. I know bugs are frustrating, but EVERY game has bug issues. It's part of the game. I've never seen a game with 0 bug issues. Part of being an active and supporting player is too help the game by working with the game developers to minimize these issues. Simply complaining and rage quitting is not a mature solution. ” You're not wrong, but this game demands time. I was 38 days into a game, with the other th…

• About Railguns

OldPotatoes - - General Discussions

Quote from Chimere: “Not having planes is very viable if you load up on AA and are disciplined with putting them in all their stacks. ” I find once my empire gets to a certain size, I can't defend my borders without planes.

• Quote from whowh: “ummm then would you like to provide info at all? ” For me at least my plane was embarking on a patrol when it decided to drive across the briny.

• Truck in the ocean

OldPotatoes - - Bug Reports and Issues

I wanted a single naval bomber to scout ahead of my convoy so sent it on a patrol. I was close to shore, and it tried to fly to the nearest airfield and come back. I didn't want that, so I then hit stop to prevent this and that's when it turned into a truck and spent three hours embarking into a ship. At the time I was suffering under the black screen WebGL bug, and therefore using the no-WebGL graphics which seems buggy during the black screen WebGL bug.

• CoW 1.5 Damage

OldPotatoes - - Questions and Answers

Quote from whowh: “Check the info bar on units. If its 50% battleships and 50% subs, then half of damage dealt will be subs and half of damage dealt will be battleships. ” Thanks - I've looked at the info panel before and not understood it, but now it all makes sense.

• CoW 1.5 Damage

OK, one more. My stack of 30 subs attacks a stack of 15 subs and 15 battleships. It attacks battleships for 28 and subs for 11. Will it do 195 damage (adjusted for various factors) 5x28 + 5x11 with the 140 spread across the 15 battleships and the 55 spread across the 15 subs?

• CoW 1.5 Damage

Right, that would be it. So if you broke forty units into forty stacks in an effort to reduce deaths to one every thirty minutes, this would be thwarted by that mechanism.

• CoW 1.5 Damage

Quote from Little Racoon: “Given this fact, if it is 100% correct, there are two main strategies regarding how to use your armies: 1) make your armies into specialized, 10-unit stacks. This way, you can have the highest efficiency when dealing damage, but also vulnerable when taking damage. 2) make your armies into large, general-purpose stacks. Not as efficient, but the extra units can suck up more damage and thus saving your more valuable units. If you're active a lot, I'd suggest the former, …

• CoW 1.5 Damage

So the opponent's defense figure has no bearing on the damage they receive, it's purely used to calculate the damage they do when they are defending? Or to be more precise, there is no defense figure, just two types of attack (ignoring the bunker and home soil multipliers).

• CoW 1.5 Damage

In the above formulae, what is the protection ratio?

• It sounds like there is a flaw in the 'looting' someone's capital mechanic, and instead of fixing that, Bytro chose to break the market instead.

• Everything's not black anymore. It seems to have been a 24 hour thing.

• Truck in the ocean

Well there is something I can do, I can try it again. But I don't want to do that if it's going to lead to more trucks in the sea.

• Truck in the ocean

Quick sanity check: should I be able to send a naval bomber on a patrol from a carrier? When I tried it turned into a truck! Now I have a truck in the ocean and when I try and put it back on the carrier it says it needs three hours to embark.

• That is my only option, but wow is it buggy! If I scroll in and out, sometimes the units grow larger and smaller while the map remains the same. Sometimes when I drag, the screen moves but when I release the mouse button, it snaps back to the original place. Controlling multiple stacks close to each other is mostly trial and error. It's doing this on my phone and on two separate browsers. It all started on the turn to day 36, the beginning of the last seven days of the game. I see from the forum…

• Quote from ryanb96: “Hi OldPotatoes, No this falls in line with my calculations. The "Target Morale" is indeed 18%. If you look, you see "Morale Trend" and its "Falling". It will fall every day on day change until it reaches 18%. Please can you post another picture now? ” Unfortunately, I no longer own that area of the map.

• On the day turn, my map went black and I can't get it back. All the side tabs and my resources are visible, but the map is all black. This is using WebGL on any graphics level. Same on both computer and phone. Game number: 3,694,025

• Quote from DoctorDR1: “We get many other tickets, like bug reports, questions, etc. Besides, a block button doesn’t punish ToS breakers. It would make people think they can get away with anything. ” If I could block unpleasant players then they wouldn't be getting away with anything because their attempts to insult would be prevented. Your solution is that players should tolerate bad behaviour for up to three days (16 messages from my 'friend' in the last three days) so that you can then decide …

• Quote from DoctorDR1: “Please be assured that we investigate ALL reports we get. Since we have a lot of players, we get a lot of reports, meaning we unfortunately can’t get to all of them immediately. We will get to them within 72 hours of submission, and investigate them, taking action according to our policies. ” Someone mentioned a 'block' button earlier. If we could block the loudmouths, you would probably get fewer reports.

• OK, that's good to hear. Could you point me to a list of behaviours that are likely to lead to sanctions?