Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 155.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A return

Habo778 - - General Discussions

I don't know how many of you remember me but I was pretty active a while back and then took a long break but I have decided that now is the time for me to return. I'm currently in a HWW game and ended up with the Soviet Union so that's nice. Anyway I was last active about 6 months ago so whats new?

• Shoot sorry thought I did editing now.

• I’m going to make one of these threads so here we go. I immediately started the round by building 2 barracks and 3 tank plants I usually try to go for a more well rounded start but I since this is a tiny map I figured that I can work on ordinance/air/navy by day 2 and for now just conquer my neighbors. So after that I checked on my neighbors stats and found that Egypt to the east is level one along with Algeria to my west. Well now that I know I’m surrounded by 2 players that just started CoW my…

• The Thread With the Most Likes.

Habo778 - - Off Topic

*Ride of the Valkyries starts playing as the like number goes up*

• Rare photo

Behold a rare photo taken of an empty HWW round in the middle of the day. Also I joined the round immediately and all the superpowers were taken and I barely managed to grab Italy.

• As of now the dev team seem to have 2 priorities. A - Polishing: This is all the Bug Fixes and ease of life improvements to try to bring CoW into the new age we are in as well as making sure the game doesn’t fall apart at the seams. This has always been going on since day 1 and is a universal constant to all games with continuing dev support. B - Expanding 1.5: This includes all the balancing and updating old maps done in order to improve 1.5 and make sure it doesn’t get dull. So until at least …

• Hey Call of War

Habo778 - - Questions and Answers

Quote from whowh: “If I could like that 100 times I would. ” Same great summary of what to do would recommend to everyone. I’m going to bookmark this thread and share it to any newbies I meet.

• It may be cool to have the UK and Australia to be the last holdouts but unfortunately it would probably throw off the balance.

• Shower thoughts

Habo778 - - Off Topic

Why do we hurt people? Is it hopeless to go throughout life trying not to push people down because what job you have someone else doesn’t have, what money you have is not distributed among everyone else, what food you eat is less food for everyone else. Is is just human nature to push people down because you can’t become rich without the poor and there will always be someone with a lower standard of living so why try and fix it? Anyway that’s my existential dread.

• Release Notes - 2021-02-23

Habo778 - - News

I like the ad thing since it allows us to help support the devs without having to spend our own money and overall people who spam gold won’t get enough from ads so they will still buy it but players will end up forming a stockpile from ads overtime so when they meet a gold spammer then they will have the resources to counter them. Also the amount of gold given from ads is not very large comparatively, it’s really only enough to skip the last few hours of build time without having to stock up thr…

• Cancelling Sale of goods

Oh I just figured out the reason. It’s so people don’t overprice resources. So it works by punishing people for selling their resources at above market price since if they charge 30 when the price is hovering around 7.3 then no one is going to buy it and they just lose a bunch of money. It’s really smart I’m surprised I didn’t realize the purpose it had earlier the CoW Dev team gets +10 respect points from me for being clever. Great game design simple yet effective.

• Release Notes - 2021-02-23

Habo778 - - News

First Comment!! Ah a good bug fixing non-controversial update It’s nice and refreshing even tho I haven’t really faced any of these bugs (besides the chat thing). Anyway thanks devs!

• Cancelling Sale of goods

It’s to prevent spam and possibly to encourage cutting out the middle man and trading directly

• Dark Humor

Habo778 - - Off Topic

I was in a plane once, it took me to the Heavens. The only problem was that it never left the ground.

• A nebelwerfer is German Rocket Arty

• Great guide! I’ll make sure to use some of these tips.

• Yea it is always possible to miss something but it’s probably just the balancing. This could be fixed by adding a second manpower value that is for the causalities smaller then the manpower cost to represent the actual men in the unit but that wouldn’t be a high priority for the devs.

• Well casualty numbers come from taking the percentage of damage taken and applying it to the manpower cost of the unit I believe so if you had 6 lv4 subs sunk then you should get around 6000 casualties. Now while this may not be realistic manpower costs have to be this high for subs to maintain balance and for naval vessels it makes some sense if you think of some of the manpower cost being the workers that have to construct the vessel. Overall I would rather have submarines be balanced then to …

• Good idea although it would be a big change so it’s probably going to end up in the “maybe for 2.0” bin. The important thing is that this will be considered so good job on the effort and hope to see this soon.

• Swift Strike

Ah yes Swift Strike. Most people like to sleep well guess your not like most people because you got 4 whole days of blitzkrieg to deal with. Good luck and better hope the level 100 with a 4.0 KDR doesn’t wipe you out in an hour.