Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 109.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Retired Staff

BenjB - - News

Changed. Thanks... I have been looking for a better name anyway but well.. I did not come up with anything.

• Retired Staff

BenjB - - News

Quote from Quasi-duck: “Quote from BenjB: “Interesting term and I do like it. I am afraid though it might be seen as negative connotation, because it could be seen as someone who has lost his prestige and name as well... ” Ah, hmm, maybe "Retired Hero"? ” Now we are getting somewhere... This name is a good one.

• Retired Staff

BenjB - - News

Quote from Quasi-duck: “I think that the term "Fallen Hero" would suit this tag better ” Interesting term and I do like it. I am afraid though it might be seen as negative connotation, because it could be seen as someone who has lost his prestige and name as well...

• Retired Staff

BenjB - - News

Hello Community, this has been announced some days ago internally and now we would like to inform the community as well. We have created a new user group for ex staff members. The group does not have any special rights, that a regular account does not have, but members receive a special "Retired Staff" Tag. In order to be eligible, the member must have left in good standing. Removal, Inactivity or other forms of leaving are not qualifying for the tag. Former staff members can be proposed by all …

• Hi

BenjB - - General Discussions

Welcome to Call of War. Enjoy

• Gold Confirmation

BenjB - - Bug Reports and Issues

Please send me the ID of the game, you have sent me a screenshot of. So I can check it out from here. As for the light tanks, it is not unusual that two tanks loose against one. At the end of the day, it is not cuantity that counts but cuality. The other tank could have been a more advanced one (lvl1 light tank vs. lvl 2 light tank). In addition, other factors such a moral, terrain and fortifications can also play an important part on the battle outcome. Without anymore information, there is not…

• Being Admin

BenjB - - Questions and Answers

Actually this thread was about being a game admin not an admin with CoW in general. b The game positions with very few exceptions are voluntary. You can find requirements in the respective recruitment thread.

• A little Surprise

BenjB - - News

Lol You can always do the same Actually it might be interesting.

• A little Surprise

BenjB - - News

Contact me by private conversation. And let me know if you happen to have an Alliance for the Fórum Army.

• A little Surprise

BenjB - - News

Quote from Ellio_98: “Hmm i like the rewards a lot, maybe we could try to push for a private forum section for the Forum Army. I would sell my kidney for that and tell all Dave's dirty secrets. Muhahaha ” Actually, I have been thinking about that... Myself... I have however ran into some issues with it, which made it impossible to go further... The fórums should be supposed to allow public user groups, which are managed by an appointed user, who can invite and accept members and as well appoint …

• A little Surprise

BenjB - - News

Somehow I knew this would come up

• A little Surprise

BenjB - - News

About some bonus for ranks, how do you think about something like that: * Signature Improvements (No signature for beginners, with option to earn more signature space and bigger size) * Avatar improvements (Same as above) * Message Improvements (More message space, mor conversations, etc.) * Profile Improvements (Thinks like longer about me messages, HTML or bbcode in signatures, etc.) * Private Fórum for the General Staff (A private, hidden fórum for those who make it General or above) Somethin…

• What's your favorite WW2 movie?

BenjB - - Off Topic

Quote from comrade dave: “Better than the 2001 film. Except the action scene. That is the only good bit. youtube.com/watch?v=bxIsVYdB0lA Cut quite short though. ” True... That move was more a romance than a war movie besides that scene...

• New Point System

BenjB - - Off Topic

As I stated in a different thread: The whole point system appeared to have become bugged at some point. Even given the old point system, where a Thead was worth 2 points, some players had amounts of points, that did not add up. Usually it is necessary, to sync the points regularly, when changes are made, etc. After all a thread could become deleted, disliked, moved to the archive (where no points are awarded, since only spam/bad posts go there), etc. All this does have influence on the points of…

• Gold Confirmation

BenjB - - Bug Reports and Issues

Catalin92, all messages you send are stored and it should be fairly easy to track what has been said. Usually you should receive a history of the conversation as well. I will however look into this right away to check what happened. As for the reports, with the new world map, there has been a HUGE raise of tickets coming in, for some departments up to 100+ a day. This has caused a little backstacking of tickets we are looking to solve ASAP. I do agree that replies should contain the prior messag…

• English language=American flag?

BenjB - - Off Topic

well we could use 12 english speaking countries and change the flag each month Or we could vote frequently for the new flag.... or well if we go with the US and UK, we can change it like every three months or so Changing it is a matter of seconds.

• A little Surprise

BenjB - - News

Well the difference to how it was between wasn't that big.... The only difference really were that a new thread was worth two points. Howver, I suspect that the points in their entity have been bugged or desynchronized, because for some users there have been great discrepancies between their posts and ranks or posts and points. Generally these things should be updated and refreshed frequently - there are also inactive and deleted posts, etc. - which apparently has not been done for a long time. …

• New Point System

BenjB - - Off Topic

There wasn't really any big difference. The only change was that a new thread instead of 1 point has given 2 points and dislikes (which are disabled) did remové 1 point. Main difference was just adding the ranks to it... and assign them an amount of points.

• User Ranks Explained

BenjB - - Questions and Answers

The points and ranks are now fixed. Thanks for the note.

• I like alot the old war movies... There are plenty of them I like... some of my favorites are: Tora Tora Tora!!!! - My absolute favorite U47 - Gunther Prien Last Battle of the Bismarck