Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 179.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I just realized this - since upgrading costs the same resources as creating a new unit, it basically is the same as creating units and isn't really interesting. If it didn't cost manpower, it would be more interesting for sure: - players could sacrifice some res to spam lv1 units and keep them for later upgrading (to lv4 or something). This would make the "spam units, don't fight" strategy a legit idea, whereas now all-in expansion is the only legit one. - it's also realistic, equipping an old r…

• Well he does have bad stats indeed, but I also have bad stats and have seen people pretty surprised at my level of play... stats don't speak just of your strength but also your playstyle, eg. if you quit games once everyone goes inactive then you might have fewer wins but still be strong. It's hard to tell. I used to have a 1.4k/1.6k k/d and then jumped to like 2.5k/2k, so you never know who's making a comeback. The inf ratio vs AI and the 9 rural/2 city industries speaks a lot though. Not sure …

• The title speaks for itself. The new homepage doesn't allow you to switch the language server, at least I haven't found the option yet. I want the active EN server, so I'm getting tilted tbh. Not even resetting the browser to English helps. RIP. Edit: nice, found it. It was obvious, so mistake on my part, sorry.

• Prenuim Play Reform

Hornetkeeper - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from S Schmidt: “The main reason is that in order to even add those units to the que that you must have the resources BEFORE production even starts and this is almost impossible to do on a constant basis esp in the early game where it could make a difference and to add the full que of 5 units to build it is impossible to have enough resources. ” yup, but with HC you need fewer production buildings to achieve the same production. So you save on that. Also, you can queue buildings/units to m…

• Fighting new players... means you care more about making yourself look superior than about actually improving and deserving that superiority in a serious game. I'm sorry, looks too narcissistic to join lol

• Quote from Pilgrim2: “Impatience- I still can't figure out why so many people leave at day 3. ” They want to have a good game, so they join like 30 games at the same time and wait for the one that turns out better. Then, they quit all the other ones. This makes CoW games extremely inactive and even more boring, so people start joining even more games at once to find an interesting one, and the problem gets even worse lol. Also, there are probably a lot of impatient kids who are excited to fight …

• Stacking Units.

Hornetkeeper - - General Discussions

It depends, I think economically first. A good army combination is one that utilizes all the resources you have floating (not used for economy or some other purpose). That way, you can make a lot more units and expand faster, which in turn gives you even more resources. One unit should be very fast and used for scouting, or taking far away territories. With Pan-Asian, I usually make armoured cars and send them ahead. I avoid fighting with them, so they arrive to the back of the enemy country at …

• Quote from Zaktty: “It really annoys me that if you don't keep global popularity high, a nation will start building up its forces, then it invades, and I think there should be a diplomatic way to stop this. either a new diplomatic relation called appeasement, the longer you keep appeasement, the more that nation likes you, but moral increases quickly. The second option is to have a selection of things you can message an AI country with, and they will respond. This can either escalate1 or de-esca…

• Quote from BrutusTrump: “This can be land, air, or naval. ” The Sino-American War we had in the ending stage of a World at War game. It was trans-continental and just about 8 days long, but it was quite full of different strategies and interesting. I was on the Chinese side as Nationalist China. We were an alliance of 5 - Nat China, Indochina, Philippines, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. Around day 11, we moved many units and, among them, all TDs to Arkhangelsk. This gave Mongolia and East Yak…

• Quote from Karl von Krass: “i have my own opinions on this, wouldve shared, but didn't as me no smart. ” Please make sure you're lying here, I've heard that speaking the truth is against the law

• Ahmad_Thakur: herbivores only ate leaves back then? Hide_Your_Capital: Yes Ahmad_Thakur: then why did it evolve? Hide_Your_Capital: Bro herbivores always ate plants, wth Ahmad_Thakur: herbivores eat fruits too Hornetkeeper: wdym Ahmad? Hornetkeeper: why did what evolve? snomaker98: good morning everyone looks like a very deap topic this morning Hide_Your_Capital: Different climeatic conditions differed Ahmad_Thakur: like you mean it can survive cuz it isnt that complex Ahmad_Thakur: prokaryote A…

• Marshal Chukov: Cuz my country is busy making a atomic power station. Hornetkeeper: So, we have to forget certain truths and adopt new ones to survive, we can't know all the truth, just the part of it that's currently relevant Ahmad_Thakur: we never found the truth really Hornetkeeper: and, the truth is just something our consciousness thinks up ERWIN_ROMMEL997: we never will? ERWIN_ROMMEL997: programmed Ahmad_Thakur: i dont think so Hornetkeeper: You can't even say what a cup is truthfully, it'…

• "ERWIN_ROMMEL997: this is more educational than what my teachers teach me" So I thought I'd post it here. Here it Starts: user12819045: Do you think wars are pointless? Hornetkeeper: They're probably a inevitable consequence of transformations in society user12819045: Yes I guess Hornetkeeper: Like, the dreadful ideologies could've spread a lot more if ww2 didn't point at their danger Balkan_God: spidermans last movie was like (????)??(???)??(????) user12819045: Or else we would be living in sto…

• Then it was a hidden unit (both militia and AT are stealth), or the buildings of the town weren't revealed at all (forts lv3 hide units as well). The bomber wouldn't see hidden units at all, but there was likely a scout unit - AC or mot infantry - nearby (not close enough to reveal army composition, but close enough to spot the presence of an army).

• Quote from Donk2.0: “I don't think they can scout land units. ” They can, the specializations of units are based on their attack parameters and specific skills (scouting etc.) but it doesn't interfere with the general skills of units, like revealing non-stealth units within range outside a bunker/fort. When planes patrol over a unit, they should save its position, so the icon will remain there, indicating you revealed such an army there. Such plane reveals have spy (hat and glasses) icons next t…

• Mind learning some game mechanics to fight more effectively? - If units are stacked together in one army (represented on the map by one icon), they are more effective. That's because they deal more damage, so their enemies die faster and do less damage. So basically, a larger army can destroy the same enemy with lower casualties. Hence, stacking units into armies increases effectivity in combat. - It's important to distinguish attacking and defending: if army A moves into a stationary army B, A …

• Worst countries

Hornetkeeper - - General Discussions

Tbh, I think the so-called "good" countries aren't all that good (I mean South Africa, for example). They for sure are advantageous, but the margin by which they win suggests there's more behind it. I believe that since those countries are pretty good, pro's learn to pick them if possible. So, those good countries end up controlled by a pro player on top of that and tend to win. Only the players that are good and patient enough to get to late game multiple times in WaW will notice this imbalance…

• Quote from Claudio von Panjim: “But you can still buy or sell resources in the market. Because you can't possibly be at war with everyone ” Good point, the thread title actually doesn't specify whether it's talking about the nation you're at war with or globally. A little late, but let me summarize. When trading at the market, you can't trade with a country if either you or them are at war, ceasefire or embargo with the other. Those offers will be visible if you switch from Top offers to All off…

• Quote from AK140: “Well, I wrote about this in another thread before, but to recap: this is a political economic problem that is beyond just the game. I think there used to be a community-run tournaments where gold use was prohibited, but I'm not sure whether that's still around or is it even regular nowadays. But if it's no longer around today, then that's to be expected by the business model of any competitive online games under capitalism. So here's the thing: the gold problem will keep happe…

• You can't at war, ceasefire or trade embargo.