Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If we're going after realism, then maybe medical units that you send out with your troops?

• Quote from BMfox: “The day you can revive the dead, Bytro will introduce your field hospital, voodoo temple or whatever you want to call it. 50% of the casualties in a unit are deadly and the other 50% are the severely wounded that are discharged on medical grounds. Good luck bringing those back in active duty with a hospital. What you fail to understand is that if a unit is at 50% health it means that the brigade has suffered 50% casualties. ” I'm confused about this as well. If a stack of unit…

• You still aren't getting my point. You continue to quote game mechanics and strategy. My point is this and @freezy needs to pay attention: Game mechanics and strategy are ruined by the way gold is currently used. 15% attack and defense bonus and any other bonuses mean literally nothing when someone is willing to spend whatever amount of gold they need to spend to overwhelm the game mechanics to win. Why have any time limitations at all? Aren't all of time limitations for building and research tr…

• I am in exactly the same place and I'm walking away as well. Whatever has happened over the past year in terms of business model was a horrible decision. I used to never see gold impact the strategy and gameplay in a significant way. However, it's a regular occurrence that strategy is useless because one or more players are relying heavily on gold. I've played three games in the past two weeks, and all three were heavily swayed by gold. In one, a player spammed out 100s of units in a couple of d…

• You cannot run a business thinking about profitability alone. Profitability is not just about money in vs money out. It's inextricably tied to customer experience. If your backdoor is wider than the front because your customers are having a bad experience, especially customers who are in your target audience, then you will not be profitable over time. I posted last week here in the forums and in the Discord about some frustrations with gold spending. Before you go into the normal "they pay for t…

• Quote from alpharunner: “It is never fun to go up against someone who solely relies on gold usage to win their game. I find it a challenge to win against them. However, beating them is not impossible even if you have half their army size. Excessive gold users usually are not the best at the game (hence the gold usage) and can easily be defeated using your Home province bonuses ass well as countering their units. Gold will likely always remain a part of CoW as it is one of the things that keeps t…

• Remove gold razing

General Texas - - Suggestions / Criticism

I'm in complete agreement. However, Bytro doesn't seem to be interested in fixing gold issues. They think it will make them more money, but what will happen is that they will lose dedicated players. I don't know of any other game that allows money to make the game so unpredictable. I can spend days building a well-thought strategy, only have it laid to waste by someone who doesn't mind spending more money on gold. I don't mind gold and I use some gold, but gold whales and gold razing are detrime…

• I had my first run-in with a gold whale today. It was a completely different game and I'm rethinking whether or not I want to invest time into it anymore. I was about to purchase high command, but I'm rethinking that as well. It's incredibly disappointing to invest time into learning and playing the game, only to have someone come along and spam units out and then get upset with me as if I'm suggesting what he is doing is unfair. No other game has this financial model that allows users to destro…

• So I've learned after looking through the threads that this will apparently "never happen", but I'm going to throw it out anyway to add to the voices. Gold whales destroy the game. It's literally a different game when a gold whale plays. I loved this game, but the first time a gold whale was involved, I lost respect for it and now I'm not sure I'm comfortable investing time or money into it if someone else can come along and just spam units. Please consider adding spending limits per day. Not en…

• They're great for ruining morale of core provinces prior to an invasion. Typically, if I'm playing England, by day 5 I can have 10 Level 2 bombers that are capable of crippling France and Germany's economies very quickly. If it looks like France and Germany will be taken over by Spain or other countries, I won't rely as much on the strategic bombers since I can't reach the core provinces of those invading countries from England. That being said, they're like all other units, there is a time and …