Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 37.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Missing Post

Stumpy Pete - - Questions and Answers

I don't know where else to report this, but for some reason, I can't find my post that I had referred to in another post. The post was originally addressed at: #RestoreCANVAS But when you click on it, the page opens up, and my post is missing. And it is an important post, too, with actual advice on how to make front-end code for my "Classic View" mode of the WebGL low-res renderer. I was giving the developers free use of the code I had modified, and I have no problem letting them take it for the…

• Quote from Diabolical: “Sure, those various scenarios offer a variety of playing styles. But the problem with them is that you are pigeon-holed into your decision -- like going down a rabbit trail -- where you can't just back out and change your mind without suffering vast technological deficiencies. So, if you decide to change your focus on naval power (for instance) into air power, your newly-constructed air forces will not be able to compete against your competitors who already built up their…

• Release Notes - 2021-04-27

Stumpy Pete - - News

Quote from freezy: “Civilization is an offline client game. Call of War is a free2play online game running via servers. If anything you should compare this to other always-online or free2play games. Take League of Legends for example. It is constantly patched and updated and you cannot play the original version from years ago anymore. Or take any free2play browser/mobile game of a decent size. Of course some companies spend tremendous effort to bring classic modes back, such as the Classic versi…

• #RestoreCANVAS

Stumpy Pete - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Tribunate: “A lot of you should really check out the visuals on the beta client or frontier + beta client mode. It looks a lot cleaner and adds more of the military commander feel. I think most of you in the #RestoreCanvas camp would really like it. Do keep in mind that it's in beta mode so expect a lot of bugs and errors but it looks and feels a lot cleaner! ” I'm not a frontiersman of Bytro. Good ol' Stumpy Pete has never been asked.

• #RestoreCANVAS

Quote from freezy: “Correction: Since CoW1.5 the x-factor range is between 80% and 120%. ” Wait, the 'X' factor can now make your damage STRONGER than you are rated for, despite terrain and SBDE, etc.??? Was this ever listed in the release notes?

• #RestoreCANVAS

Quote from Hornetkeeper: “It's a joke strategy mate... one chat friend tried it out. I know the flaws of the strat;) If you have 10 medium tanks against a RRG stack but it has heavy tanks ahead of it, so you can't use the meds, you spread them all over, a tank every 2km, so that your enemy can't even tell where to click to attack your 30 SP Artillery, which is about to come in and destroy everything he has. That's an example of how you use it. Of course it doesn't really work, it's a joke. But y…

Stumpy Pete - - News

I may not have fully understood all that, but eliminating ALL classic Call of War (v.1.0) forever just isn't right. Even though Civilization is like in it's sixth or seventh generation, one can play any of the earlier versions of the game if they can get ahold of the game. Sure, Bytro doesn't have code available for download (maybe they should, for modding purposes), but they could at least not block us from being able to enjoy an occasional round of the tried and true original game, the one tha…

• #RestoreCANVAS

Quote from ike53: “Quote from Stumpy Pete: “Yes, I don't like those always-on lines, either. But I can tolerate them. I don't like the tags always showing either, but I'm "making do" with them. However, rather than complaining about how much you hate them, do like me, and offer the suggestion of making them optional via added game settings in the "Classic View" low-res mode buttons sub-menu ” Apparently you haven't read many of my posts in this thread...I have given visual examples of many thing…

• #RestoreCANVAS

Quote from Hornetkeeper: “If they're saying the truth, we're not accomplishing much by insulting them either. It's disrespectful to the devs and staff who may have been working hard to improve the player experience, and now are treated by the community like this. Not only is it extra work for them, but it's also demotivating. ” Quote from Hornetkeeper: “I don't see the behaviour of staff in this thread being disrespectful or wrong. The frequent updates and improvements come with bugs that can ru…

Stumpy Pete - - News

Quote from Arcorian: “All Call of War Classic game rounds that were still running have been ended and Classic games have been removed as an option when creating a game round. ” Didn't you guys originally say you'd keep the classic Call of War version 1.0 maps as an option, though only able to be started manually, never automatically...and that they'd be around for us veterans? WHY go back on your word? AND, why put a stop to existing rounds? Though I hated that I couldn't find any open matches o…

• #RestoreCANVAS

Quote from freezy: “While we are working on fixes for objective problems (some of which were reported in this thread), in one of the May updates we will also release an update to the renderer that will adress some of the subjective feedback, such as "game is too bright or colorful". We will tone that down a little bit and even incorporate the suggestion to make it dependent on the zoom level. We also implement the suggestion to make the non-core stripes less prominent. More on that in the upcomi…

• Release Notes - 2021-03-29

Stumpy Pete - - News

Quote from Stumpy Pete: “Quote from DoctorDR1: “I've read your canvas compromise, and it seems pretty good (of course, the devs have the final opinion on this). However, a compromise here won't bring it back. Canvas was removed because it was outdated, and bugged. Unit trades were removed because of abuse. Again, it's the few who thought it would be a good idea to have multiple accounts and trade their armies away who ended up ruining it for the rest of us. ” The compromise isn't about bringing …

• Release Notes - 2021-03-29

Stumpy Pete - - News

Quote from DoctorDR1: “I've read your canvas compromise, and it seems pretty good (of course, the devs have the final opinion on this). However, a compromise here won't bring it back. Canvas was removed because it was outdated, and bugged. Unit trades were removed because of abuse. Again, it's the few who thought it would be a good idea to have multiple accounts and trade their armies away who ended up ruining it for the rest of us. ” The compromise isn't about bringing back the canvas mode. It'…

• #RestoreCANVAS

Quote from Tribunate: “I definitely delete hospital or coastal artillery threads as they come in from time to time. That's well known. ” Has ANYONE ever considered the idea of making a coastal artillery "function"…not as a unit, but as a part of the [non-]urban port? Maybe, starting with the level 2 port, give an automatic ranged-fire ability which fires from the actual coastal port, and maybe with a range of only 50 and a bombard strength equivalent to a level 2 Cruiser (ratings against targets…

• Quote from DoctorDR1: “It wasn’t an issue of people. Like I said, it had to do with compatibility with recent backend updates, which prevented anonymous articles from being properly processed by GOs. IF it is fixed, they MIGHT, with stress on the might, come back. Don’t take my word for it though. Unfortunately unit trades have basically no chance of coming back. ” They said that about Canvas mode. Yet, I've posed a compromise solution that has a real chance at happening, which emulates canvas m…

• #RestoreCANVAS

Quote from Claudio von Panjim: “Why don't you guys understand, they removed canvas because there were major bugs with it so canvas can't come back ” They can fix the bugs, roll back the implementation that caused the bugs, or make a low-res version of the game that emulates canvas mode. To say that "major bugs" is the reason to remove Canvas Mode is/was a bit of a copout. They threw away the baby with the bathwater ("Oh, it's too hard to fix. Let's just kill it. We were planning to, anyway." BLA…

• Quote from whowh: “Quote from Tribunate: “I guess a downside to that is that Rank 70+ would be figured out through process of elimination ” Well that would make it a bit easier to catch people breaking the ToS ” THEORETICALLY, the Game Operators already have the ability to see who posted any anonymous messages. Moderators...I'm not sure. In fact, this might be a factor in why it was a headache (supposedly) for Bytro to regulate anonymous message abuse of TOS (not enough people to go after all th…

• Quote from Tribunate: “Big supporter of anonymous messages coming back to the paper for sure. Ranking system perks is cool, just like you can join certain game modes and access more scenarios with higher ranks. For example: Rank 70 - get to post anonymous messages Rank 90- get to post pictures I guess a downside to that is that Rank 70+ would be figured out through process of elimination ” Dang, eating cheetos before using keyboard was a mistake. Um, OK. You've got a very good point about the ra…

• Quote from arkranox: “I agree strongly that, at least, Anonymous messages should return. Or be given to a players that meet a certain level or requisite. Not to be elitist, but just to make them more traceable in case needed... It's sad but it's not the first time that instead of modifying things to make them work, they throw away it entirely. In the case of Anonymous message, it was an interesting resource and gave diplomacy a deeper meaning. I even faked combat plans and espionage reports with…

• #RestoreCANVAS

Quote from ike53: “The attached picture is a day 1 pic...please note all the lines from the movement of my troops. Because I can't get rid of the lines I can't tell where I have sent each as many lines cross. It would be very helpful if the lines didn't appear UNLESS I hover over them as in Canvas. I think the tags next to each one also creates a 'busy/cluttered' map that distracts from being able to see what is needed to better play. Lastly, if you all are dead set in making us live with the mo…