Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 984.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I use to join with alliance mates fairly often but we don’t do any of the backstabbing map share shenanigans. Joining with a few players you can trust is a huge asset.

• Quote from NEPTUNE the great: “Quote from Joe Bartolozzi: “I'm sad that militias has been nerfed, anyways, like how the above statements have stated, I will still try militia once and then decide whether I should kick them or not. ” Agreed, though I've never used Militia before, thought they were useless. ” There’s nothing like learning a unit is overpowered after it’s nerfed. Militia was never an unstoppable front line unit, actually the opposite. It was best used along lightly defended fronts …

• If I were making the decision, I would have removed militias stealth while on enemy territory. They were intended to be a defensive unit for ambushing. Commandos were intended for operating behind enemy lines.

• Quote from Lord Crayfish: “Quote from 6thDragon: “Only time I ever played HWW, I joined as Japan. I knew to wait and look for a new map to drop, but usually do that when joining with alliance mates anyway. In my experience, as I fully expected, all the major powers were taken rather quickly. ” It's hard enough (and game breaking enough, on par with heavy gold use) to coordinate joining a WaW together as an alliance. I can't imagine the organisational charlie foxtrot of getting everybody to join …

• Quote from NEPTUNE the great: “Quote from Claudio NVKP: “Am I lucky though.... Every time I want Germany I've gotten it, other countries not so the case. ” I've been waiting for a chance to Play as Japan in 1939 World At War for a long time ” Only time I ever played HWW, I joined as Japan. I knew to wait and look for a new map to drop, but usually do that when joining with alliance mates anyway. In my experience, as I fully expected, all the major powers were taken rather quickly.

• Quote from NEPTUNE the great: “Tank destroyers are actually useful for once! ” I suppose that depends on doctrine preference. I don’t think this definitely makes TDs any better than they were before. Their stealth ability was never that great and adding plains shouldn’t change much. For the terrain bonuses, they lost their urban bonus in exchange for plains. Probably not worth starting to use them just for that. The commandos stealth ability was always a joke before and militia was always OP. Pa…

• Release Notes - 2024-04-09

6thDragon - - News

Yes, the stealth imbalance between militia and commandos has been my primary reason for never building commandos. Now they might be worth trying.

• Defensive question

6thDragon - - Questions and Answers

Those all appear to be defensive units and you're better off letting them attack you, especially with you having home defense advantages. Your units will certainly get beat up, but you'll have enough advantages to come out on top.

• Gold stolen

6thDragon - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from A Eastman: “Quote from Meowy Mittens: “Absolutely enable your gold notification, it should be disabled by default. I believe the chances are you spent it without realizing. You could send a support ticket regarding you would like, I've heard they can handle issues like this. callofwar.com/index.php?id=279 ” Over two weeks and no answer or reply saying they are working on it plus all the other things that continue to happen. I am done with this game and will go on and spend time and mo…

• Alliances?

6thDragon - - General Discussions

Quote from A Eastman: “Quote from SamPGS_17: “How active or in demand are alliances in this game? I'm aware the very top alliances are probably active af, but obviously I have no chance (and don't want to) get into them - so what's the average alliance like? It just seems to me that not many people care about alliances. Also, if anyone could explain more about alliance battles or whatever it's called? thanks! ” To me if they are playing AvA that is good but if a strong A goes into a reguler say …

• Gold Use Suggestion

6thDragon - - Suggestions / Criticism

I’d much prefer to pay to play on a level playing field. It’s getting harder and harder to play this as a strategy game anymore. For all the gold checked maps, consider all time and effort that goes into gold checks and appropriate sanctions for both accidental and intentional use. The admins running those maps are volunteers. If Bytro doesn’t value their volunteers time enough to make maps where gold use isn’t an option, nothing will change this.

• They will not heal if at sea or based from an ally’s territory. They need to be on your own territory to heal.

• How to report cheaters?

Quote from Nostroma: “Quote from 6thDragon: “I had another alliance mate report a team for wolfpacking. There were seven on the WaW map from the same alliance. They reported it and only one of them got kicked still leaving six. I always understood it to be anything over the coalition limit on a map is wolfpacking. Rules are very unevenly enforced, unfortunately. ” This is a tough one...If I join a big map and see by chance that there are 5 others of my alliance already in the game (without havin…

• I really don’t think Bytro is overly concerned about the historical accuracy. Consider two points. First land battles between experienced players usually involve railroad guns as the dominant unit. Second regular maps anyone tend to be dominated by gold/card use. Creating units and resources out of nowhere is the logical equivalent of calling on your fairy godmother.

• Another point to consider, building stacks like that are expensive, putting them together often leaves other areas under defend as they are concentrating resources on that stack. You could have opportunities to threaten them in other places. You have to analyze the map and consider that possibility.

• Gigantic Whale

6thDragon - - General Discussions

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Bytro doing something about this? This is how they feed their developers and all the other staff and the kids of all that staff and sometimes they all go on vacation to Bali as well... ” Bytro probably is doing something about this…celebrating!

• This is a very common suggestion. Yes it would make the maps more fair. Bytro doesn’t make money by making games fair. This is marketed as a strategy game that favors those willing to pay for advantages in what is otherwise a free game. But seriously, using gold in a team up map! What an idiot. I tried one of those once. Everyone can see they dropped a lot of gold and no one is impressed. Team up maps are more about how many active players each team has. Many alliances coordinate to join those m…

• I had this come up a little over a year ago. As I understand it, you can only heal a partner’s troops with gold you bought. Or at least that is how an alliance mate explained it to me.

• How to report cheaters?

Quote from Lady Aragosta: “Yes, but the original post made no mention of using an alt. It's possible, but by no means certain. ” While he may have made no mention of an alt, his description describes how some players use alts. They often put their troops to sea and that’s it, sometimes they send them into a different neighbor and even give all their resources to the main account too. Depends on what they think they can get away with. Although I’ve had alliance mates get accused of using alt acco…

• Bonuses for New Players

Here is a link. They just redid the tutorial. New Mobile Shop & Advisor Update - Release Notes - News - Call of War- Forum