Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 115.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from f118: “Quote from vonlettowvorbeck: “Quote from f118: “You all who critisized version 1.5 on wrong side. (And for sure thre are many things wich run bad on version 1.5) ” @f118First off: In an open society with freedom of speech, no one is on the 'wrong' side. Amazing that one dares to state such a thing. Secondly, you may have a completely different departure point than many of the players commenting here. For instance, for players who use a lot of gold, as opposed to others using mo…

• Quote from f118: “they "begin" to die after 50% hp reached, there is a chance to kill some units from stack with under 50% hp. Some times i killed 1 or 2 untis, sometimes not.After reaching 20% they die qwicklier. After 10% almoast for sure. And yes, it is realistic. Read more about ww2... ” Imagine you assemble 99 people, I will get a fire arm... if none of them die until 50% of of them have been fatally wounded, then you are correct, it is realistic. HOWEVER, if, people start dying as soon as …

• Quote from freezy: “ Sound & Music Vehicle Graphics Update Map colors Daychange adjustments AI adjustments ” Oh, excellent, communications... Lets see, what do we have here... Are we testing 1.5 implementation? Game changing features like player trading, or coalition release time outs? 1.5 unit balancing... resource balancing... resource usage? ..... No, I see it now... sound files, graphic files, color and deco, a nice new display timer, and ... an AI aggression tweak... We are definitely getti…

• Quote from DxC: “Quote from Alphared: “I am talking about not understanding the centralization flaw and it's repercussions ” Alpha, you may be right that the consolidation of resource production could present an inbalanced vulterability to countries. The gist of my Devil's advocasy is that hypotheses are for testing, not defending, attacking, or promoting. ” I assure you I understand the eccentricities of research language... I am not offering a "hypothesis", I am stating a "theoretical" reality…

• Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing

Alphared - - News

Quote from DxC: “Quote from Alphared: “And unfortunately, a valid one. There is no need to go for an attack set on "overkill". It simply needs to be successful, and the city held. It is the key resource... you can't build anything without it and it will be demoralizing (unlike, say rare). ” That's true in 1.0 also. If you lose a city early you are hurting. Some may read these ideas and decide to try it but that doesn't make it a good idea, and I doubt it's gonna be what people tend to do. ” In 1…

Alphared - - News

Quote from CityOfAngels: “Quote from DxC: “An early rush is always a potential strategy in 1.5 and elsewhere. I would say in 1.5 it is more risky due to the defense advantage. Even if you take a city, you will end up weaker on average and the defender is in a better position to counter. The attack city early strategy was espoused by someone here, but that doesn't mean it works or that it is some kind of meta. ” I understood the complaint to be that if someone makes a concerted blitz attack again…

Alphared - - News

Quote from WayneBo: “ So the initial loss of a grain city does not necessarily mean defeat - but once again, inexperience on the part of the rusher might be the bigger factor. ” I disagree, it is the one resource that can not only cripple production/construction, but it's loss also means the demoralization of your military (infantry at the least, which what you start the game with). Attacker inexperience might save you, if they can't hold the province... otherwise, your done.

• Quote from GaiusUltima: “ Please give us the opportunity to proof that we can listen to you. I haven't been here for the whole last 10 years, so i can only assume that you might have felt ignored - i don't know. But i know, that we dicuss all of your feedback - from both veterans and new players - and rearranged our plans to make this next CoW 1.5 event as good as we can. ” You must understand, some of us have been around since the beginning. We, at one time very long ago were encouraged to give…

• Call of War v1.5 Strategy Guide Attack 1. Take your enemies Food Production City. You win! Defense 1. Defend your Urban Areas, in preparation for your enemies to drive straight for your Food Production City. 2. If you have been attacked, and you have established your defenses correctly, you have already lost. Resource Production 1. Sure, if you want to. Military Production 1. A wise choice, if you can find the resources. Research 1. A simple 7 step process; do the research, wait for your resourc…

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Quote from freezy: “Trading changes: We are currently discussing about changing the part which received the biggest criticism, changes resource trades outside of coalitions. ” Never was more happy to read anything related to CoW. That means there's hope. Fingers crossed. To anyone who's about to lose hope - @atreas1, @_Pontus_, @CzarHelllios and all the others: Don't go for good yet. Please at least keep reading the News announcements. We might get a good game back, in …

• Quote from CzarHelllios: “Quote from Alphared: “ ” @_Pontus_ ” I would just like to point out that I am not _Pontas_, Also, You haven't been around that much longer then me, to be honest... I remember you by name from S1914 beta. But, I also won't be continuing once 1.5 is the only established version... I simply not willing to attempt to compete with always connected mobile players who get all the speed buffs needed to keep them interested - from my Desktop set up. It was bad enough competing w…

• Dev Diary #1: Call of War 1.5

Alphared - - News

Quote from _Pontus_: “Quote from freezy: “We mentioned many times already that we will not release CoW 1.5 in the current form, because this version is still very rough. It will be tweaked alot in the coming months, with the help of your feedback. Therefore it will help us greatly if you explain why certain changes are good or bad by giving practical examples of your CoW 1.5 game round. ” Does anyone realize that what is said here is exactly the worrying point, because this actually means: "We w…

• Quote from CzarHelllios: “For most of the people in this thread, when Bytro does the next event-test, we should try to be online at the same time and join the same game. Setup a Discord group and coordinate starting then. ” And do you honestly believe that players having a discord would do anything (but perhaps massage the ego of the players) to change Bytro's minds on anything? You (as well as I) have been around here long enough to know this. I'm sorry, these aren't the old days, even the old …

Alphared - - News

Quote from CityOfAngels: “ Does anyone else get the general sense that units, while having faster speed values than status quo CoW, are actually moving around the map much more slowly than usual? ” Absolutely!

• Quote from MikiRaine: “Quote from Torpedo28000: “Quote from MikiRaine: “please add weather system in COW 1.5. I have no problem if the air units is OP but if we have weather system (air units cannot be deployed due to bad weather, ineffiecient tanks due to autumn rains, inefficient infantry units due to cold winter), maybe, just maybe, the game will improve much and the weather system will provide more variables for balancing... ” Personally I hope we never get weather or anything like it, and i…

• Quote from freezy: “This gives the opportunity for selling and buying on the market between players using different strategies. ” At a 10% buying OR selling penalty - reducing the amount of money (which is already in short supply in 1.5) you have to do anything else.

Alphared - - News

Quote from freezy: “Quote from _Pontus_: “ b. that now a new building is required for every separate purpose, while a short while ago it was hailed by all players (that bothered to notice) that Infra got an extra effect, namely boosting morale. But now the opposite is being introduced? How inconsistent... ” b) we did it to give players more meaningful economic choice of what to build when and where. In the old version players had no real choices because there were only very few buildings which g…

Alphared - - News

Quote from BMfox: “Quote from Nooberium: “Risk is truly a game for the simple minded. Theoretically, Call of War is great game because it combines economy, a research tree, choice of troops to deploy, tactical considerations and diplomatic relations. All of these dimensions are inter-related so strategy must consider them all and decisions often involve trade-offs. Depth and nuance in these dimensions makes the game interesting. In practice, ... (insert complaints here) The search for the optimu…

Alphared - - News

Quote from freezy: “You try really hard to misinterpret what I say, do you? ” Misinterpreted? Quote from freezy: “Thanks for the feedback again guys. I have to agree to something Nooberium has said in this thread: It would help us much more if you posted actual experiences from playing the Event instead of theorycrafting why you think the game will die if we release these changes. We mentioned many times already that we will not release CoW 1.5 in the current form, because this version is still …

Alphared - - News

Quote from freezy: “Thanks for the feedback again guys. I have to agree to something Nooberium has said in this thread: It would help us much more if you posted actual experiences from playing the Event instead of theorycrafting why you think the game will die if we release these changes. We mentioned many times already that we will not release CoW 1.5 in the current form, because this version is still very rough. It will be tweaked alot in the coming months, with the help of your feedback. Ther…