Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from MadMike69: “When a player loses all provinces, their units are removed from the map and their game is over. ” The way it should be is as long as player has resources for sustainment of units they continue to exist. You could have gobs of troops anywhere perhaps even on right-of-way. It would be possible sometimes to retake a province. Did all Frenchmen and Poles throw in the towel once their country was overrun in WW2? They went to England then returned to fight. They got resources fr…

• lost in limbo

iMaximo - - Bug Reports and Issues

I see this type of freeze frequently. Restart game website or in Browser reload the window. That seems to fix my problems. Worst case restart computer.

• As to the 75% penalty on resources non-core I think it should depend only on morale which limits both productivity and resources. Why have them both. I agree that morale is too quickly raised and should never get to 100%. With that adjusted and dropping the 75% penalty should get you to reasonable agreement with reality. Morale could also be influenced by how much resources are spent in a province per inhabitant. Available well paid jobs is always good for morale. It should also help the morale …

• Unless they, a human, declare war on me manually first I am not harmed no matter what happens around me. I got right of way from then owner of province so another invader or original owner trying to take it back has no just cause to attack me and to do so put the starting of war on them. Also since I am in Center when invader comes he never meats the Software condition to acquire the province, which is to be the only occupying power in the center. He can coexist with me, go thru me on roads or c…

• This confirms exactly what I have since learned. Now tell me what happens if I have Right of Way and place my unit in the center of a province and the attackers are not at war with me. Even if they bombard the units of my host in the center does my unit get hurt or get into a new war? If the attackers unit go through the center does the province become theirs. I know the answer by experiment.

• Harry Turtledove

iMaximo - - Roleplaying Threads

To "Of course, the power balance of the Cold War might have been a lot different; even though the European division lines were drawn by the Big Three long before the invasion, Stalin might not have felt bound by them if he had conquered "everything" alone. Countries like Netherlands, France, and Italy might well have ended up "behind" the iron country instead of in front of it." I agree, provided Russia did win. Stalin could care less about any treaty provision unless following the treaty was be…

• Harry Turtledove

Very True. I know of that intel deception operation. It would be fascinating to have a Turtledove like History of the English Civil war or any other number of events. My preference would be a book where so very minor change of events led to a large change similar to chaos theory whereby possibly the death of a butterfly and stopping the movements of his wings could lead to a change of events leading to a major change such as starting or stopping a hurricane. Plot-wise it must be plausible. In "G…

• I assume that they could attack and destroy my unit (starting a war with me) then take the province. Correct?

• If I have a damaged naval vessel can I get the Damage Repair advantage of being in Core Province at the beginning of a new game day. If so, which of the following locations are required to enable it: 1. At a Core Province Naval Base where ships are built (and in real world repaired), 2. At a Core Province improved embarkation point (i.e. a Local Port), 3. At a Core Province unimproved embarkation point, 4. In coastal waters less than one sea waypoint from any Core Province Embarkation point?

• If I were in a Right of Way (ROW) Country and got one of my units between my ROW buddy's Province center and an approaching enemy of my buddy and I got attacked by that enemy, who (diplomatic reputation wise) started the war? This looks like a good way to pick a fight without angering the AI. My ROW buddy can be a player or AI. Assuming the unit I used was artillery set to return fire if fired upon, it seems I could fight back after a neutral player or AI attacked first and still would not be th…

• Harry Turtledove

I have read the first book. It was interesting exploring how new technology weapons could change the balance of power even in relatively limited quantities. What I enjoyed even more was learning some extra details of the actual Civil War. It was followed by another HT book about how the South and North remained separate countries and how that influenced the situation when WWI started in Europe. One things that comes from reading Alternative History, and indeed of Science Fiction, of which it is …

• To sum up the original thread in 2016 it was pointed out a gamer played against AI that had elite units and wondered how. It was answered, correct or not I know not, but assuming it is, that the AI player had accumulated persistent crate rights such as blueprints which you carry forward to future games. My response below is to that information. Crates are intriguing. They appear to be designed to temp you into making an attack or going to war with a new nation whether it is wise or foolish. This…

• Crates are intriguing. They appear to be designed to temp you into making an attack or going to war with a new nation whether it is wise or foolish. This is a pretty good simulation of real world complications in that respect, so I am for it. AI (called Ministers) also plays for inactive players. I don't think it would be fair for this type of AI player to care over previously accumulated crate right or to inherit them from the inactive player. This is particularly dangerous when the AI controls…