Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 28.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @MontanaBB well the DEVs are always going through and improving the game through a variety of ways so I suppose they clear up those glitches eventually

• Aircraft Naval Patrol

yippieyak - - Suggestions / Criticism

Not sure if this is an old thread or not; I didn't see one at least. Forgive me if there is one. It seems to me that carrier based planes can patrol a designated area and continue in that area relative to the map until a carrier moves too far and the plane lands. (If I am doing something wrong, then correct me). It would be nice if a plane would patrol an area relative to the carrier so that as the carrier moves, the plane's patrol area also moves with it; I don't propose any solutions to the dy…

• Rocket Delay

Quote from V1nd1cat0r: “I don't use nukes, but by hitting units with it I imagine the nuke Bomber can get the job done, and no it's a terrible idea for nukes even rockets to hit units, it's a one hit kill they remove a bug which make rockets "track" their target. It's only use is to destroy a province but if lucky damage units by timing it right. And the rocket delay idea is not a bad but also not a good idea, it's cool to pool damage but that means slowing down rockets that is already near to w…

• I think it is a bug that has yet to be fixed. I have noticed that some Russian units, when clicked on, will display the picture for the germanic unit pictures. While some Germanic units, when clicked on, will display Russian unit pictures.

• Rocket Delay

It would be very nice to be able to delay rocket launches. I like to make first strikes with missiles/rockets. But I can't time delay them. Delaying would allow me to sync attacks times, and therefore have the rockets actually hit everything at the same moment. AI may begin to move troops as soon as the first rocket strikes, and then my rockets will fly into empty cities, instead of full cities.

• Disbanding units

If you don't get resources back, then you might as well throw your units at an enemy. Same effect as disbanding, plus you may get some provinces, and take some enemies with you.

• Bunkers

Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “I have never had problems with rockets. I have never heard of people(except you) having trouble with rockets. ” I had a player take out 18 planes, above 80% morale/repair and one lvl 2 rocket destroyed them all. Seemed a bit over-weighted for a single rocket. Other than that one instance, I haven't had much problems with rockets. Usually just send some time-synced planes in to take out the AI rockets as the first strike of war. Best bunkers in WW2 have by far been t…

• Disengagement

Quote from Pablo22510: “I like it. It is necessary. Though I'm not sure you could do it with planes, unless you leave some behind. ” Fighter battles (all plane actions really) take about 5-7 seconds and then they fly home to refuel..

• Disengagement

Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “Yes, like leaving a rearguard behind. Or ditching the AT guns or arty to stall the enemy while the more important stuff like the tanks retreat. ” As opposed to Kalantigos' suggestion of 1-2 for a full retreat of the entire force, do you think that your Delay Tactic (leaving some fighters behind) would be worthy of a lessor amount of disengagement time? It is arguable easier to retreat quicker when someone is giving you covering fire.

• Paratroopers.

Quote from CzarHellios: “*Most instances of Paratroopers succeeding in accomplishing a mission(Such as the ones people like to point out on D-Day), would of failed if not for the intervention of Ground troops in most cases. ” The paras dropped relatively close to the actual land troops, whom they were to link up with. The paras were not intended to fight alone and defeat Nazi Germany on their own. They were to cause havoc, and to take out inland artillery. WHICH THEY DID, and quite well. Most of…

• Paratroopers.

Quote from Pablo22510: “Exactly! And get what SAS stands for? That's right: Special Air Service. They dropped in parachutes behind enemy lines and destroyed air fields and planes. ” Don't bother arguing with these fools. Admin will give us paratroops soon enough. Track these peeps down, and defeat them in battle with paratroops. You can be vindicated then

• Nazi's In The Antarctic

yippieyak - - Off Topic

Guys, these movie nazis are riding dinosaurs. I think we all know who is going to win the final war /this time/ around *Is not a Nazi, and does not support any dictatorships, or oppression of civil liberties. However, dinosaurs are cool.... rarrr*

• A Few Suggestions

Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “They all sound nice. Maybe we could get some new tech(cough cough super heavy tanks) and another research slot? ” Extra slot, or reduce the existing tech research times. Extra slot would push up research by 50%, while decreasing the research times would allow research to rate to be increased by any % that admin/creators wanted Just in the event 50% proves to be too intense. At the current pace it can lead players to pick and choose which tech branches to prioritize.…

• A Few Suggestions

Here are a few suggestions of mine. If I am wrong on any of these, please let me know so that I can play better 1. I have said it before, but just to remind, I think adding research into the build queue would be a superb feature. 2. At one time, in 1914, I was able to reorganize my build queue by altering the numbers. That feature was removed, and the queue in CoW is the same as 1914. That is, if you want to move an item up the list, you have to click it up X many times. I use the queue HEAVILY …

• Planes going missing?

yippieyak - - Bug Reports and Issues

I noticed this too. The problem seems to be when you have a group of planes in a province and they are patrolling. So you produced more units and sent them to that same province. But the two groups didn't merge properly. I managed to refresh a game, and click on my planes before they could disappear again. Sent all the planes back to the airfield, and merged the groups properly. This fixed my issues in that game.

• railoads

Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “I disagree, the provinces are pretty big so the cost makes sense. Maybe if you built them in a province which yields res before ones that don't it wouldn't be a problem. I have never found a problem with infrastructure. Now the indo comp seems like way too much, 5k of rare materials, a scarce resource. We don't need more buildings. ” It does come off as pretty high to me too. Especially for the first level. I think the next 4 levels are relatively inexpensive, and t…

• Dislike function

yippieyak - - News

Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “What? Why Czar? I have gotten dislikes for saying paratroopers are bad. I like this update. ” Because your ideas are terrible

• New scenario and map design

yippieyak - - News

Quote from General Child: “I think Hamburg has a connection to the sea... ” It does now. It didn't last week though.

• Paratroopers.

Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “Oh, so it is a documentary? I stand corrected. Well, I read a book by Peter Harcelrode and every operation launched that included paratroopers usually screwed up and always came with heavy casualties. It only really worked well for the Brits and Americans. Even for them they had really heavy casualties. Just look at Market Garden, which also concerns your idea on the side roads. ” Market Garden did not fail because the paratroopers were bad. Market Garden failed bec…

• Paratroopers.

Not every province is the size of the Russian provinces. Central Europe has an abundance of small, tightly packed provinces. Your argument assumes, without providing justification, that the range of the paratrooper is limited, and that it is impossible to drop troops in an entirely different province.