Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 323.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from miech: “Though on the surface the mechanics are still similar, it radically allows for a very abusive exploit. One that could also be used, sort of, in the old system, but it was not so devastating as it is now. Since I value openness, here is the exploit. Ill let Bytro decide whether they want something like this to exist in their games. 1: Make very small air units, preferably fighters 2: Find some poor sod who is using the regular 5/5 SBDE optimized stacks, patrolling somewhere 3: …

• Quote from miech: “Its like watching Lost all over again ” 2x23_DesmondLight.jpg

• Perhaps that was his original motivation for this post but he tried a more subtle approach.

• Healing.

Paramunac - - Questions and Answers

Quote from ATownGtr: “Also based on the morale level of the province that the units are in as well correct? So it's up to 15% a day but not a guaranteed 15% yea? ” As far as I know, province morale has no influence. It is 15% (can be affected by how numbers are rounded) with rare variations. There was a thread about it long time ago. A good read.

• Healing.

Units heal 15% of missing health every day if they are in your own territory (planes can also heal in air if they are launched from your own airport and naval units except convoys can heal everywhere). Healing happens once per day (at daychange). Since it is 15% of missing health, they can never heal completely.

• Quote from Diabolical: “Perhaps you didn't actually read what I wrote? I said that if you are able to come up with a decent defense, your enemy will gather up his ally's bombers into several large stacks -- each with very high SBDE -- then overlap them over your single squadron of fighters. In order for you to counter his 40 bombers, you need at least 25 fighters (it's not a 2:1 ratio, period). But, unlike him, you and your allies play normally, not lending huge swaths of your forces to each oth…

• Quote from Diabolical: “No....just, no. Those bad guys you are describing that barely exist anymore....they don't like to lose. They really don't like to lose. So, you actually build enough fighters to counter them, maybe you even talk your allies into helping you out a little bit. Then your enemy just gets a cadre of allies of his own and they all give him bombers so he can mess you up. So, while you manage to scrounge up maybe a dozen fighters to patrol over your pathetic "doom" stack, he's go…

• Quote from Diabolical: “And, no more players building only Tac Bombers and Light Tanks...this would force them to diversify like everyone else and make this game realistic once again. ” If there is still someone left who uses this tactic you should be ashamed if you are not able to defeat them. If someone focuses on tactical bombers, and has n tactical bombers, you are probably good to build just n/2 interceptors, kill his bombers one day and he has no bombers anymore. And if he also focuses on …

• Manpower production.

Conquer more land. All new provinces will increase your manpower. Some not so much, but some will be good.

• Why writing this? Since there is no real game manual and most of the game mechanics are discovered by individual players, it is not always easy to find reliable source of information where you can find answers to many game related questions. Players sometimes don't have full understanding how something works or they are even completely clueless. One aspect of the game is often confusing to large number of players, especially new ones, and that is air combat. Since air combat is maybe the most im…

• Quote from IshXIII: “ ” Quote from IshXIII: “If it where up to me I would put the minimum playing age all the way up to 25 ” Judging by this it seems like you skipped studying. Luckily, your kind is not in charge.

• Quote from f118: “without penalty we would never see a 100+ days games. ” Do we really want that thing anyway? In more than a year I play this game, my longest map lasted for 50 days because I had to conquer world map pretty much alone and I do it slowly to avoid risky situations. I don't know about others, but I find long maps to be boring because that usually means that there is no action. As for the real subject of this thread, making non core provinces produce more would at some point (maybe…

• Disembarking convoys

They can attack land targets. However, that attack will do 0 damage.

• Message from System

If you don't choose country in less than one hour after you join a game, you are removed from it.

• X-factor problems

Paramunac - - Bug Reports and Issues

Yea, sorry, its 2, not 1, it was an oversight. Still, nothing else is wrong with the calculation. That means that they should have done 4 damage. How much damage were they doing in following cycles?

• X-factor problems

Well, I don't see a problem here except that you don't have a lot of knoledge about game mechanics. First, you have 13 planes. That means that SBDE is low (my guess around 60%). 60% of 13 is around 8. So, effectively, you have 8 planes. On lvl2, 8 tactical bomber do total of 8 damage to armor, which means that expected damage on one patrol cycle is 25% of 8 and that is 2. Your planes did 1, which is of only 50% of the expected value, but that probably also involves some decimal rounding and that…

• Disappearing Airbase

Yes. Losing and recapturing lvl1 building usually destroys it.

• Well, in larger battles that include air units on at least on of the sides, I usually compare the difference between the starting HP level of both sides and new HP levels after multiple patrol cycles (at least after first few cycles) in order to see if everything goes as planned or to check if enemy has some hidden patrols in fog of war. I don't consider (most of) the results I gathered to deviate too much from my expectations. That is why I ask about the numbers. My numbers didn't look too bad …

• Quote from Diabolical: “Before the battle, when I ran the numbers...as the system claims them to be...I should have won, hands-down. Instead I had my ass handed to me. This is a part of the frustration. The system clearly didn't perform the way it claims...but I still say it's because the tac bomber needs to be nerfed. Perhaps the summation mechanics of AA for a whole stack needs to be tested by the dev team, also, but I want to nerf the bombers. ” The best way to reinforce your statement is to …

• Research Progress

Paramunac - - Suggestions / Criticism

I don't think this is a mistake. It was decided to be this way. In games that include research or other similar concepts there is a choice. When you decide to change what you are researching, should the progress be saved or not? In some games it is, in some it isn't. It is just a choice. Made by developers. Both options have pros and cons. If progress is saved, you are flexible to change what you research now and what later. You can change your priorites any time. If progress is not saved, you a…