Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 426.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In a way, arguing is for me ultimately seeking common ground, not conflict. The world isnt black and white. Im not talking about mundane 'well that grass sure is green, isnt it?' But the more interesting topics (pick any random nerd, mechanic, science, history etc topic for me) that isnt defined in black and white answers. I sometimes are taken aback a bit if somebody argues 'strongly' (and meaning it, instead of a sarcastic/witty/exaggerating undertone). In the past I countered that with equal …

• Quote from Diabolical: “Quote from miech: “Very understandable. There is only one problem. What if...1 of the 2 argu-ers (how the f do I do this language wise??) is right from a neutral standpoint? That said, I understand what you mean. Personally I tend to have a basic outlook on an argument. Might even feverishly defend it, but if arguments against my initial viewpoints are too strong (and logical/sensible), I happily change sides, deducing my initial standpoint was...well...wrong:D ” The prob…

• Read through everything now, and while it isnt listed, @Diabolicals 'first target, first shot' solution has a nice ring to it as well. But as I understand, its not an option based on what the devs selected for us. Reading the Xarus vs Stormbringer discussion. Stormbringer, lets face it, this game is the slowest game in the world. Even grass grows faster. Planes you get after a few days. I doubt the average call of duty type of players have the patience to wait for even that. In other words, Xaru…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “My two pennies: Quote: “A) If a plane did not do an attack tick in the last 15min, the next patrol tick will happen at the beginning of the patrol timer. ” This will increase air power (actually patrol power, but that's about the same) in all non-air-opposed situations. Since air is MORE than powerful enough already, this would only be feasible if combat stats (particularly for tac bombers) would be nerfed, and I know some people that would oppose that on the beaches, …

• Grain issue on all large maps

miech - - General Discussions

Ok... First of all, Im happy to see my topic gaining momentum in the community. Yet...I fail to see any reaction from Bytro. And I know they are out there reacting to certain topics @freezy Care to give any insight what we can, or cannot expect? As much as this popular topic strokes my ego, I rather see an answer...or better, a solution. If the answer is: Well, it sucks/made harder/give any decent marcom answer. Sure, fine. We will deal with it. But if the answer is: 'what a shocker, we will fix…

• Quote from Diabolical: “Clearly, you've never met an INTJ. For people like me (being an INTJ), life is an argument. We literally go from one day to the next critiquing and arguing about anything and everything. In fact, if we don't argue with you, it just means that we consider your ideas so below par as to not even worth the merit of consideration. At least, if you are argued with, we are, in essence, saying, "I might not like your idea, but it's worth something so let's pick it apart and build…

• Adding up, perhaps worthy of an additional post instead of an edit: @Bytro Labs You are doing so many things right with that game New World Empires - including battle mechanics. Who dont port over the best things that other game has to offer? For instance, I am going at it for a few days, and its...far harder than CoW is to analyse, deduce and find the 'sweet spot'. Mainly because the sweet spot (in CoW its basically: have more tacs) just isnt there. Great, brilliant. Would love to see a part of…

• Yes, and it would increase the fun for other players;). Ive been a long advocate of nerfing air power considerably I am now playing New Empires by Bytro and sometimes I just look up and....oh wait, there arent any overpowered tac bombers, I dont need to worry. But I digress.. Basically, I find it hard to pick a choice. I believe Roko summed up for the most part what I think. So if I can make uneducated, gut feeling, I have to go with E. With the addendum that patrollers do normal (like they do n…

• Quote from DxC: “Quote from miech: “ultra-bonus ” there is no "ultra-bonus". It is just the expected outcome given the mechanics. Stop exaggerating stuff with sophomoric adjectives. ” ever tried to direct attack an équal air army? Say 5 figs vs 5 figs? Based on the supposed mechanics, the outcome would be roughly equal in terms of damage, including the X factor. Now do such a thing, look in horror at the results, and call my adjectives sophomoric again.

• and/or day? Commenting on the game itself. Great game, even with the patrol abuse - it was good to see that after a long heated discussion, all finally decided by gentlemans agreement to not use it. And I didnt see it happen since. Some interesting approaches were seen - like Bighorrns 'landforces? nah, dont need em' strategy or Ace's 'I make railguns a viable unit' idea, lots of mistakes were made (my desk is red from all the headdesking, not in the least in regard to some of my own poor choice…

• Quote from DxC: “I never saw anything in this thread about new players learning how to play. This started with Miech throwing a hissy fit because Ace put the burn on him. ” I wasnt the only one suffering from it;) But you are partially right - I will always be a strong advocate of strategy opposed to exploit research & abuse. If I wanted to play a game like that, there are tons of reskinned, copy-paste rinse and repeat 'strategy' games on your phone. If it were up to me, every damned exploit I k…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Diab, I think your solution creates more new problems than it solves... for example, what happens when patrol circles are not the same between air groups? And there are other problems with it as well; like SBDE won't solve all the problems when air groups are taking losses during the battle. @freezy, IMHO, the following adjustments would solve most of the current air war troubles and also give less-active-than-24/7 players a bit better chance in air battles: - Patrolli…

• New harder bryto game

miech - - Off Topic

taking it for a test run now. It looks like Europa Universalis. Similar layout type, presentation etc. But of course with the Bytro engine as layer over it. Probably not as complex though;) Might be worth a shot.

• Basically Roko explained it all for me, though I have a few small addendums 1: If a 'defending' player is on patrol, as far as I know he deals back offensive damage. At least in the old situation, unsure about the new one, havent tested. Which leads to 2: 'flying' aircraft (ie aircraft not on active patrol, but they are in the air) actually do defensive damage if they are in the circle of the attacker during their tick Which again leads to 3: Ive seen disproportional losses, even with the defens…

• something that wasnt said earlier perhaps: manage your capitals (yes, plural). Its a bit of an exploit, but AI tend to be very generous in rebuilding capitals. So dont take everything at once, but leave some stuff behind with AI. Sure...it is an exploit. But as long as the grain issue isnt fixed, I have no problem abusing this.

• Sorry Nuke, but Nova is right. While I understand your core idea behind it, its just throwing away resources. What you can do, is a halfway solution. Get the important airfields up, and do a few 0,5 airfields as 'auxillary' airfields. I sometimes do that, if I feel that I need that extra bit of flexibility. On railguns: always loved them, never got around to use them. To use them effectively, you basically need an 'and and and' situation. So AND strong air (at least as strong as the opponent), A…

• Origins

miech - - Off Topic

I learned from it by playing Bytros predecessor, Supremacy1914. At some point I got kind fed up with it. Found this, gave it a shot. At first I found it inferior, but after some more research, I quickly turned around and saw this one as a better version in almost all aspects. - more research - more variety of units - more ways to be successful - WW2 is more appealing as theatre compared to WW1 - Somewhat more complex tactical approach The biggest 2 downsides though, are - Its too 'easy' economic…

• Quote from Sasri: “No we did not release any further changes to the airplane behavior in the last 2 weeks. So if you notice something uncommon, which could be a bug and does not align with the last changes we made to the airplanes (check the big newspost about the change) then please report it as usual. Thanks! ” Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm/deny/explain what is mentioned here? Regarding the new mechanics? Whether its 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 decades, is a moot point in my view. I think X…

• :O He lives! Yes, its different now (see earlier posts) compared to the past. Planes do damage every time there is a tick, doesnt matter who does it. It leads to silly behavior and some people suspect there is a bug that make 'travelling' planes a LOT more powerful when they are hit (even moreso than in the past). Unless you think its normal 20 fighters kill 12 airplanes in 1 swift stroke (most 1,2,3 sized against the usual 5/5s) in a 15 minute battle. Happened to me today (and not the only weir…

• the 'old ways' are described in the golden rulebook found in a sticky in general discussion. everything you need (or rather: needed) to know regarding air battles is in there